Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 01-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 746 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

A RU Documentary

Hello all! I have been doing alot of thinking here lately and I think there is a way to get more people here to this site after the fact that we show people what we are about. This Thread here is mainly for the the Mods, Admins and Members here that would like to help contribute to this cause and make it happen. As some may know, I used to be a member of TG back in the day until they sold their soul to the devil and pretty much flushed everything they have worked so hard to do down the toilet. It really intrigued me to see they have done Two Documentaries on their site and their gamers ( King Of Kong - A Fist Full Of Quarters And Chasing Ghosts ). As you know TG has been around since the late 70's and did nothing but progress and turn into something spectacular! I would like to see this site do the same thing and go down in history as the better site with the better gamers ( So To Speak ) , with the personalities we have here so far I think we would have more to offer to the gamers of yesterday and today. I really think this site has accomplished soo much in so little time that it has been up and running, and with a few or more years down the road that we would have a whole lot more to offer to the world about gaming! What are your insights and thoughts on this situation my fellow gamers? Would you think this would be a great idea in due time? Lets see what the feedback has to say from you all , and eventually lets all make this happen for the site , the future / past gamers and the curiosity of the " Not Knowing " !
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
Old 01-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Re: A RU Documentary

Wasn't "Restrepo" about RU?
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Im not sure, Probably because I haven't heard about it before...I'll have to check it out though!
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

My only concern with TG is two-fold. They didn't offer anything to the entire world and I don't really think the player base was ever that big. Just a group of devoted players on specific games. That is my take on it. Maybe I am wrong.

I don't ever see thousands of people flocking to this site. There are several reasons. I have told a couple of people about this site and they say, woa that is cool. Maybe they join and never play or they join and play for a few weeks and then bye-bye.

In an ideal world there would be prize/money competitions drawing hundreds of people or more to the site but when you have people who are clamoring for greed with hoping someone sponsors them for $25 it would seem to eventually be ridden with spam.

And that's how i feel about that.

Last edited by TodayIsForgotten; 01-22-2014 at 07:14 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
View Stats

TG had competitions, Walter Day played a huge part in setting it up every year but he's out of the game now. You got to remember that TG started off as an Arcade in a different era so there were people that flocked to certain games and for a while TG was just based on a few games as far as popularity but when they started becoming the score keepers for the world it was ALOT of pinball score keeping. It grew into something huge in the early 2000's and the focus started on the next gen consoles.And they DID draw hundreds for crowds.