Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-09-2016, 12:26 AM   #2726 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,677 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32 Points: 15,929, Level: 32
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 621 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Retro Uprising's BEST THREAD EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Not me. That would have been handy back in the day.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:32 AM   #2727 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod21 View Post
Not me. That would have been handy back in the day.
I still remember that horrifying feeling of Bald Bull going back for the charge:

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-09-2016, 12:38 AM   #2728 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,677 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
I still remember that horrifying feeling of Bald Bull going back for the charge:
Oh yes, and I always found it easier to get him on the charge the second time round.

That video also mentioned Developers saying there are other secrets in the game that haven't been discovered. I would love to know what those are.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:35 AM   #2729 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Quote:
SC please help me to understand this, I don't get it even after watching the video.
Specifically the part which confuses me is this:

Brianna is a successful Game Developer with her own company, right?
Why would she have posted anything on that site which, as far as I can tell, is all about hating women {whether only those in the Gaming Industry or otherwise, it makes little difference}?

Last edited by RU Joe; 04-09-2016 at 01:50 AM..
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:03 AM   #2730 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Joe View Post
SC please help me to understand this, I don't get it even after watching the video.
Specifically the part which confuses me is this:

Brianna is a successful Game Developer with her own company, right?
Why would she have posted anything on that site which, as far as I can tell, is all about hating women {whether only those in the Gaming Industry or otherwise, it makes little difference}?
She is a trust fund baby, she started her own studio with her parents money, and made one terrible game. Since that she has decided to become a professional victim and liar. Everything about that video is a crock of shit. Whenever she starts to slip from the public eye, she goes and kicks the hornets nest, in some cases literally setting up scenarios where she gets "caught" doing something retarded. For example this gem from yesterday:

https://tweetsave.com/bennottinghill...32419610689537

She has even gotten caught trying to start hate threads about herself on steam, she's just an absolute psychopath, if you are male disagree with in anyway she brands you a woman hater, this is not an exaggeration.
I posted the video because I though people who were aware of her antics would get a kick out of it, I'm pretty certain most users here are more level headed than me and couldn't give two shits about her though.
Here is some further reading if you wish: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Brianna_Wu Not sure if you are familiar with the site, but its main draw is for humour and is very crude, but the main points are for the most part based on fact.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod21 View Post
Oh yes, and I always found it easier to get him on the charge the second time round.

That video also mentioned Developers saying there are other secrets in the game that haven't been discovered. I would love to know what those are.
For me the real challenge was Super Macho Mans spin attack, I have beaten Tyson, however I can't recall for sure if I ever beat Super Macho Man.

As far as the other super secrets, honestly I'm skeptical. This one I never heared of course, but that is a game that's been played so many million times by so many million players... I don't know, I just can't see what else there would be. I'd love to hear about them if they do exist though.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 04-09-2016 at 03:18 AM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #2731 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
She is a trust fund baby, she started her own studio with her parents money, and made one terrible game. Since that she has decided to become a professional victim and liar. Everything about that video is a crock of shit. Whenever she starts to slip from the public eye, she goes and kicks the hornets nest, in some cases literally setting up scenarios where she gets "caught" doing something retarded. For example this gem from yesterday:

https://tweetsave.com/bennottinghill...32419610689537
That is flabbergasting, thanks for providing those links - I guess I was wrong with my assumption she is a successful Game Dev. ; I was only going by what she said about herself.
The link with the picture she traced makes me want to post something there but, I don't do any 'Social Network' sites and besides, why bother?
It speaks for itself.

Quote:
She has even gotten caught trying to start hate threads about herself on steam, she's just an absolute psychopath, if you are male disagree with in anyway she brands you a woman hater, this is not an exaggeration.
I posted the video because I though people who were aware of her antics would get a kick out of it, I'm pretty certain most users here are more level headed than me and couldn't give two shits about her though.
Here is some further reading if you wish: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Brianna_Wu Not sure if you are familiar with the site, but its main draw is for humour and is very crude, but the main points are for the most part based on fact.
I certainly understand this whole situation a lot better now, thanks SC.
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:43 AM   #2732 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

+1 (+1/-0)     

31 Design Tricks Behind Famous Video Games (You Can't Unsee)

Comments

Very interesting, what a great article~!
Old 04-09-2016, 01:13 PM   #2733 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,677 posts
View Stats

I knew about some of that but definitely an interesting read.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #2734 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

The one that caught my attention was the bug being circumvented by the expansion pack in DK 64. That can't be true.
kong on Bronies:

Old 04-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #2735 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
The one that caught my attention was the bug being circumvented by the expansion pack in DK 64. That can't be true.
Sure, why not?
Stranger things have happened in the Gaming world; I remember hearing about an 80's Coin-Op (Arcade) game which had a cabinet with a design flaw where one side was overheating, and their quick fix solution was to wedge a styrofoam cup in between the side of the cabinet and this overheating part, something like that.
Fixed with a styrofoam cup, good to go.

I'm pretty sure that story ^ was told on a CD ROM you got for free glued to the side of a cereal box which featured some early Atari games , and it included a bonus video where they talked about this sort of thing .. I think I may have it still kicking around somewhere.

In any event, the N 64 Expansion Pack was downright amazing to me because it made games like Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (USA) Nintendo 64 so much better because of the detail it adds to the graphics.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 04-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #2736 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64

The good stuff starts about 2 and a half minutes in.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANBoybVApQ"]Mind-Blowing Magic Magnets - Smarter Every Day 153 - YouTube[/ame]
Old 04-12-2016, 01:27 AM   #2737 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,677 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
The good stuff starts about 2 and a half minutes in.
Mind-Blowing Magic Magnets - Smarter Every Day 153 - YouTube
Wow! That is pretty cool. Wonder if we could get them to print one with the Retrouprising logo?
Old 04-12-2016, 01:46 AM   #2738 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Electricity generation just improved immeasurably.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 04-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #2739 (permalink)
New Poster
1 posts
egreywater is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 64 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

need help. can someone tell me if and how I can use a ps4 controller to play the N64 games ? plz and ty
Old 04-20-2016, 11:38 PM   #2740 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4faLHDx_U"]Smash Bros Claps WITH REALISTIC AUDIO (Every Character) - GrumpOut - YouTube[/ame]

Comments

Game Grumps :D
Old 04-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #2741 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

+1 (+1/-0)     

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieM18rZdHY"]A Fox in Space - S01E01 - "Don't Call Me Star Fox" [1080p] - YouTube[/ame]

Comments

Cool!

Remove Pootis
Old 05-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #2742 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
View Stats

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVuB1ZASrGw"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVuB1ZASrGw[/ame]

---------- Post added 05-13-2016 at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-07-2016 at 01:26 PM ----------

Episode 2 and future episodes posted here - A Fox in Space

And coincidentally Nintendo just released an official version

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA2-0nTxaGg"]Star Fox Zero €“ The Battle Begins - YouTube[/ame]

Who did it better?

Last edited by Kugyince; 05-07-2016 at 08:13 PM..
Old 06-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #2743 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

MarioMMO
quite a fascinating online super mario bros multiplayer game xD
Old 06-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #2744 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
MarioMMO
quite a fascinating online super mario bros multiplayer game xD
Sweet!
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #2745 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,886 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 56
Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56
Level up: 16%
Level up: 16%, 1,607 Points needed Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 07-02-2016, 11:51 PM   #2746 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVxNvWCTbYo&spfreload=10"]Microscopic Pacman - YouTube[/ame]
kong on Bronies:

Old 08-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #2747 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,886 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJTGLL2SnI"]USA CHALLENGES JAPAN TO GIANT ROBOT DUEL! - YouTube[/ame]
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Old 11-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #2748 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,886 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Lest we forget how much of a joke Trump is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ZLAT7BY_s"]Donald Trump's Weird Old Videos - YouTube[/ame]

Comments

good one

Old 11-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #2749 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Nothing will convince his supporters but the video is funny.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:46 AM   #2750 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

So, I'm not American... but is it normal to say horrific things about people who see things differently that's you? Seems like with this election, the 2 sides just wanna rip each other shreds.

I might add, it's seems Kinda one sided against trump. You dicks do realize that he is winning in the polls right? Hate to break it to you, but he is not a joke anymore...

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

...and for that matter more and more things are becoming public about Hillary... it seems like the more Hillary buries herself the louder we laugh at Trump.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 11-05-2016 at 02:12 AM..
kong on Bronies: