Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Red Dawn Remake

If anyone wants to claim that they grew up in the 80's, there are several pre requisites is that you have to have watched several totally sweet 80's action movies. A short list of the required titles includes Terminator, Robocop, Commando, Aliens, Predator, and Conan the Barbarian. Also on this list is epic war and totally realistic movie, the epic saga, Red Dawn.

Just imagine how pumped I got when I found out they are making a remake, set for release at the end of this year. Anyone else have any thoughts about how sweet this is going to be?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Re: Red Dawn Remake

WOW! This movie looks awsome! I don't know how the hell I missed this back then. I did see all the other required titles, but I guess I was just too young to get interested in Red Dawn at that time since I was still a 1 year old crapping in my pants when this came out in 84'.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
95 posts
lestat7902 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,165, Level: 16 Points: 3,165, Level: 16 Points: 3,165, Level: 16
Level up: 29%
Level up: 29%, 285 Points needed Level up: 29% Level up: 29%

Idk... that list seems pretty incomplete. No Jedi
Old 05-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestat7902 View Post

well he did state that it was a short list.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

There can only be one Red Dawn. A new release won't do the old one justice.

If you haven't seen this movie, it truly is the 80's at it's best.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

I'll have to watch it in it's original glory then won't I Tanc?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
i don't consider jedi to be an "80's action flick" jedi is another class (i.e. star wars) not to mention jedi isn't even the best movie in that series, anyways, that is a different debate.

Quote:
There can only be one Red Dawn. A new release won't do the old one justice.
of course it won't, as far as i'm concerned, there has only been one remake ever that has done justice to the original (magnificent seven/seven samurai). but that isn't what this is about. i'm pumping for some completely over the top, campy, action flick that makes us proud to be Americans again. This sums it up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprFYMvWXLo"]YouTube - Red Dawn - Clip 09 - WOLVERINES!![/ame]

Comments

Last edited by jim5cents; 05-27-2010 at 01:19 PM..
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats

AWESOME! I forgot about the kid taking on the Hind helicopter gunship with only an AK-47. Poor guy got smoked!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

This will most likely suck. It looks like they're staying away from big names, that's good at least. The only person I recognized is the guy who plays the father on Supernatural.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

it has got two hot chicks, one from the awful, awful movie legion, and the other is from the 2nd transformers.

the comedian from watchmen is in it.

i really do hope it sucks, sucks so bad that you just sit there laughing at it...i hope it takes itself way to seriously. i hope there are roughly 100+ stereotypes about the chinese

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

from what i read on imdb, supposedly, they want to make a pseudo love story in it between the "charlie sheen" character and the "jennifer grey" character...barf.... for those that don't know

( Click to show/hide )
all of the main characters die in the original
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Robocop sucked and I've never watched Conan or Red Dawn.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Robocop did not suck!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Robocop sucked and I've never watched Conan or Red Dawn
To each his own, but believe me, Red Dawn would be right up your alley. A red blooded American male such as yourself, I bet you love the sight of countless soul less Commies getting knocked off.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Yeah I bet he would've loved it if he saw it back then. It might lose some of it's luster if seen for the first time nowdays.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Never even heard of it.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Robocop did not suck!
I remember thinking it was soooo boring.

Can we take out Robocop and add in Iron Eagle?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

DAAAAMB! Thanks for reminding me about Iron Eagle Tenser! Oh and Robocop was cool. I liked it. I even had the game for the NES. It's not the best movie out there at the time, but it was memorable.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

I love Iron Eagle....do you know that Iron Eagle taught me two things.
1. Pre 9/11 security on military bases must have really sucked if a 17 year old can steal an airplane.
2. The Arabs make there airplanes out of pieces of wood glued together.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

I liked the first Iron Eagle, but not in the fanatic way my dad watches that movie...
Old 05-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I remember thinking it was soooo boring.
yeah, i can see that. but it does have one of the best 80's movie deaths

nsfw
( Click to show/hide )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVolQGvRe8"]YouTube- The kick ass movies - robocop toxic waste scene[/ame]

Last edited by Kong; 05-28-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Don't forget Rambo.

Comments

Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Never saw Red Dawn, Aliens or Predator.
I watched Conan a couple times and I probably saw Commando 20 times.
I also watched Beast Master over and over.

I tried to watch Commando and Beast Master and, two other childhood favorites, Explorers and Wizards a few years ago. I couldn't make it through the first 15 minutes of any of them. I decided I liked horrible movies as a kid.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Don't forget Rambo.
You darn tootin' don't forget Rambo.

I'd throw in Bloodsport too.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24 View Post
You darn tootin' don't forget Rambo.

I'd throw in Bloodsport too.
Did you just get 40 years older with that post?

Old 05-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
View Stats

What? You mean "you darn tootin'?"
That must've been part of the Grumpy Old Men coming out of me.

As for the new Red Dawn, I look forward to renting it because there is no way that thing is making it to the box office. At least, not for more than a week.