Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
57 posts
br26 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,287, Level: 13 Points: 2,287, Level: 13 Points: 2,287, Level: 13
Level up: 64%
Level up: 64%, 163 Points needed Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Pro Wrestling

Noticed there was a MMA thread (and I am slowly getting into that sport), and even an XFL thread (which is..odd) but I didn't see any wrestling thread so I decided to start one up. Anyone follow it or used to? I'm watching the Best of RAW 93-94 DVD WWE just released and it's some fun stuff.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Pro Wrestling

I used to really like pro wrestling, but I thought it got rather out of hand with the drama, almost to the point where the soap opera style drama became more prevalent than the matches themselves. That and all the wrestlers I liked really began to take on less matches.

Sometimes I'll watch an older match or two online, from the 1990s.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
57 posts
View Stats

totally get where you're coming from. I didn't get into wrestling until 1999 when the soap opera theatrics were very prominent on the weekly programing. i think there's a time and place for it but most of it that they put on now is very lame. One thing I like about WWE though is their DVD releases, there's some great stuff on there and the matches are quite great.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I like it for some good old fashioned pretend violence. I'm not a harcore fan though, but I know a ton about it cause my buddy is a super fan.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

It used to be cool but now it's garbage.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
57 posts
View Stats

yeah, there really isn't too much like in 2010. there's been some good stuff here and there but its hit and miss most of the time.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Everytime I see wrestling nowdays it's just meatheads talking and drama.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Im a fan of pro wrestling. I thought last weeks Raw was ok..but not as bad as it has been.

I just started watching TNA again and its getting better as well.

In terms of "wrestling" I think TNA puts more effort into the matches..and theres a lot of (granted older) stars that I grew up with over there.

WWE puts more effort into the story IMO. Most matches contain the same 3 moves but the story is more complex lol.Plus I feel like i dont know who to root for with WWE since a lot of people are new.

I do like the NXT angle since its trying to put new faces into the WWE universe (due to a lot of stars either getting hurt or retiring).

Overall im ok where wresting is at right now. Its not the best its ever been...but it has improved IMO.
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

TNA still has Kurt Angle right? He's still awesome.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

It's all bout Ric Flair.

I didn't even watch wrestling when I was a kid and all my friends were. But while we are on the subject there is something that has been bugging me for years.

One time, I turned on the TV in the middle of the day. It must have been summer, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't that young (relative to my terms) so it was probably no more than 5 years ago. Pro wrestling was on, and it was the only time I could not seem to turn away. There were two dudes in the ring, and one of them had a little table set up with energy drinks on it. And he was talking about how awesome energy drinks are. Then the other wrestler was all "I'm all about beer you homo," and cracked a brew and drank it. Then the other dude was like "Come on man, just try my energy drink." So he did. And then he spit it out, possibly in the dude's face. And then they started fighting.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Is it on youtube or anything? I really want to watch it again. Possibly the most absurd thing I have ever seen on television. In this country, anyway.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

Yes they do. Im not sure what the current story line is with him but I know hes fueding with Ken Kennedy...Kennedy lol..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWHkg2AL4Rk]YouTube - Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson (Steel Cage) TNA Lockdown 2010 pt 01/03[/ame]

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
It's all bout Ric Flair.

I didn't even watch wrestling when I was a kid and all my friends were. But while we are on the subject there is something that has been bugging me for years.

One time, I turned on the TV in the middle of the day. It must have been summer, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't that young (relative to my terms) so it was probably no more than 5 years ago. Pro wrestling was on, and it was the only time I could not seem to turn away. There were two dudes in the ring, and one of them had a little table set up with energy drinks on it. And he was talking about how awesome energy drinks are. Then the other wrestler was all "I'm all about beer you homo," and cracked a brew and drank it. Then the other dude was like "Come on man, just try my energy drink." So he did. And then he spit it out, possibly in the dude's face. And then they started fighting.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Is it on youtube or anything? I really want to watch it again. Possibly the most absurd thing I have ever seen on television. In this country, anyway.
I remember what your talking about...im just not sure who it was. I want to say it was Matt Striker and Stone Cold but I might be wrong...

edit IM wrong lol..here it is..

Simon Dean w/ Stone Cold
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oae1qI98Tlw&feature=related]YouTube - Simon Dean & Maven with Stone Cold Steve Austin in ring promo 4/4/05 part 1[/ame]
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

"Look at me when I'm talking to you ya little purple bastard" Back in the good old days when wrestling was funny, like this clip-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htutm5R-W2Q&feature=related"]YouTube - The Rock It Doesn't Matter What Your Name Is[/ame]
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

I grew up in the Hulk Hogan Hulkamania era where the big names were Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior (what a tool), Ric Flair, and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. I watched it for several years through the Breat Hart era (who is my favorite wrestler of all time). After that I kind of lost touch with it, but I have watched little bits here and there.

I was able to go to a taping a few years back and that was a lot of fun. If anyone has a chance to go to one, you will probably enjoy it.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Same here, I stopped watching the WWF when it was still the WWF. Pretty much after Owen died. RIP. Also watched AAA from Mexico.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Same here, I stopped watching the WWF when it was still the WWF. Pretty much after Owen died. RIP. Also watched AAA from Mexico.
Yeah. I also watched it for a couple of months when Goldberg came to WWE several years back. They mishandled his character so much (and Scott Steiner's character) that I was pretty much turned off.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

I was happy to hear Hart came back, but meh. No time for soaps.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
I was happy to hear Hart came back, but meh. No time for soaps.
Yeah. I watched the week he confronted Shawn Michaels about the whole Montreal Screw Job. I liked how they resolved that, but otherwise I don't care that much.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I recall Hart coming back recently. I was channel surfing and saw him in something called the "Hart Dynasty" with million dollar man's son and the British bulldog's son.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
I recall Hart coming back recently. I was channel surfing and saw him in something called the "Hart Dynasty" with million dollar man's son and the British bulldog's son.
Really? Interesting. I didn't know Bulldog's son was a wrestler.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

I just stayed on there because I saw Bret Hart. But yeah, that's how I understood it.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
View Stats

Im pretty current on the WWE stories.

Bret came back for "closure" with Shawn..that turned into a fight with Vince @ Wrestlemania lol.

Then after that he brought in British Bulldogs son, the last graduate from his Dads dungeon training school(i think his name is Tyson Kid)and Jim the Anvils Neidhart daughter. They have a tag team now called the Hart Dynasty. Bret was more or less a manager for them but then he started getting back into shape and worked some actual matches (well tag matches) He didnt have a lot of ring time (due to his stroke) but he still was pretty good a few weeks ago.

There also fueding with the Uso's which are the twin sons of Rakishi and Talia who is the daughter of Super Fly Jimmy Snuka...shes actually pretty good lol
Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal View Post
Im pretty current on the WWE stories.

Bret came back for "closure" with Shawn..that turned into a fight with Vince @ Wrestlemania lol.

Then after that he brought in British Bulldogs son, the last graduate from his Dads dungeon training school(i think his name is Tyson Kid)and Jim the Anvils Neidhart daughter. They have a tag team now called the Hart Dynasty. Bret was more or less a manager for them but then he started getting back into shape and worked some actual matches (well tag matches) He didnt have a lot of ring time (due to his stroke) but he still was pretty good a few weeks ago.

There also fueding with the Uso's which are the twin sons of Rakishi and Talia who is the daughter of Super Fly Jimmy Snuka...shes actually pretty good lol
That all sounds pretty cool actually. Maybe I will pick-up some DVDs on those stories when they come out. All the kids of famous wrestlers. Along with Randy Orton, there are a bunch of others too. Cool!

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

I was getting into watching the WWE with my friend back in Houston. Had nothing better to do but smoke and watch tv. Anyways, I really liked Randy Orton's character. I love a good bad guy. Livens up the joint.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
That all sounds pretty cool actually. Maybe I will pick-up some DVDs on those stories when they come out. All the kids of famous wrestlers. Along with Randy Orton, there are a bunch of others too. Cool!
It is kind of cool with all of the 3rd and 4th generation stars coming in.

The most exciting for me is Mr Perfects song John Mcgylicuty (sp)

Hes on NXT at the moment (WWE's new talent showcase show) but I see him being a big factor pretty soon. He has a lot of his dads swag lol...and MR Perfect was on the best heels EVER RIP!

Dashing Cody Rhodes is Dusy Rhodes son (so is Gold Dust lol) but hes pretty good as well.

Randy Orton is just a beast IMO. I love watching him spazz out in the ring before he hits the RKO finisher. They have him fueding with the current champ Shameus and it looks like they will have an awsome match at the next payperview.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

can't beat the Foundation.