Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Pokemon Adventures - Manga

So, some of you seen my avatars, and know it's just pokemon, right? Well wrong. It's better than the crap anime. This manga is based off the games, with more plot twists in it. (BTW Gold/Silver/Crystal Arc finally is going to America!!!) Basically, I was in a local Krogers (grocery store) one day and I spotted two books. Pokemon Adventures Volume 1; Edition 2, and Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages. Picked them up not knowing about them and thought it'd be the same ol story, I was wrong.

Find out for yourself how awesome the manga is.

Pokemon Special 1 page 00 | One Manga
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Pokemon Adventures - Manga

Where I live, Kroger's is called Fred Meyer's.
On topic: I think I should go out and buy some of the manga.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,252, Level: 10 Points: 1,252, Level: 10 Points: 1,252, Level: 10
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 48 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar

I have ebeen reading hte comics when I find them at the library.. I just kinda randomly picked one up to just check it out. I was surprised with how much better the Adventures story is compared to the anime or other comic series. ((And you gotta admit that Eevee is awesome! It was cool to see my fave monster have page time. And even be part of the plot!)) I also liked hwo they covered Blue, greeen and eventually Yellow.

Im gla to see so many good ocmics being rereleased.
Pokemon adventures, Sonic archie series, and the LOZ manga's have appeared as well. Not jsut that, they ahve been GOOD. Actualy following the game plots.. If the comcis and manga can do it, why cant movies or cartoons? I dont get it... -sigh-
PAL CODES: 3DS; Zach 3496-9421-4636
PSN, skype, facebook, and imvu im Belmontzar
systems; ps3 ps vita, 3ds, ds, comp when it works
Old 02-16-2010, 02:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

( Click to show/hide )
That Eevee is awesome. Who'd want one of those? Me. Ultimate defense!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,153 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmontzar View Post
Im gla to see so many good ocmics being rereleased.
Pokemon adventures, Sonic archie series, and the LOZ manga's have appeared as well. Not jsut that, they ahve been GOOD. Actualy following the game plots.. If the comcis and manga can do it, why cant movies or cartoons? I dont get it... -sigh-
Cartoons from Japan that are aimed at American kids are completely sanitized of any sort of deep plot and Japanese influence because it seems that all kids can understand these days is simple humor. Anything more and it becomes too complex and they change the channel to Spongebob or whatever retard show is playing on Cartoon Network.

Movies are a bit better, still wiped clean of all Japanese themes, otherwise the audience usually goes "I don't get it".

That's just my opinion.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
View Stats

I tried to watch them in japanise with just subtitles.. ((they all ofcourse sound better.. I hate english voice overs for anime..)) but they still dont really match the game stories.. that I know of.. It still seems sad how perfectly a short comic, can capture a game as WIDe as a LOZ game.. hti all the plot points Correctly, still have litle extras, and be GOOd. I mean jeez, you can almost use parts of the comics as walkthrough.. Though alot of thigns like encounters, are pure manga style. YEt also true to the game.

See ocarina of time VOl 2 ganon battle as an example..
Old 02-16-2010, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,153 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmontzar View Post
I tried to watch them in japanise with just subtitles.. ((they all ofcourse sound better.. I hate english voice overs for anime..)) but they still dont really match the game stories.. that I know of.. It still seems sad how perfectly a short comic, can capture a game as WIDe as a LOZ game.. hti all the plot points Correctly, still have litle extras, and be GOOd. I mean jeez, you can almost use parts of the comics as walkthrough.. Though alot of thigns like encounters, are pure manga style. YEt also true to the game.

See ocarina of time VOl 2 ganon battle as an example..
Manga/comics are probably cheaper to produce than animations and/or movies. There are no voice overs, no actors to hire, no tv stations to worry about. Heck, sometimes even no color. All you need is one or a few artists, maybe some storyboard staff, maybe some editors, and a publishing deal. Since they don't have to sanitize it for whomever happens to turn on the tv, they can keep the comics nice for the fewer people who choose to buy it.

Also it can depend on the source material. For example Pokemon is an open ended game. Everyone goes through the same plot, but how they do it is completely up to the player. Zelda is more linear, you can explore but in the end you will solve the same puzzles and have the same encounters, and use the same strategies to beat the bosses. With a standard plot I think it would be easier to bring those moments to life better, rather than trying to fit one possible scenario to everyone.

By the way I don't have any manga so sorry if I can't see any examples ^^;.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I've read the manga and seen the anime. Too much difference makes the anime hard to swallow. Not since the addition of the Sinnoh region has a series gone downhill.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
View Stats

LOL looked over a few random pages of the pokemon manga you posted Tails^^

Evil sabrina is awesome XD LOL In the other comcis and anime she was a good guy to the core and here shes an awesome villian.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

^ So is Surge and Koga.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I agree. Although, I wasn't expecting them to be Rockets to the core.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Got Book 7. Epic ending with Megavolt.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

Reminded me too much of the cartoon, which made me want to go watch the cartoon. I fail to see the point. Did the author have something against the old 4kids story, or were they just really into this kind of thing? Did they want to make a ton of money trying to compete with an already child-successful icon?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

they made it soley based on the video game, which the anime really went away from.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
they made it soley based on the video game
Doesn't really seem like that would be very exciting. Is there any real plot?

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Quote:
the anime really went away from.
Isn't that what has to happen when you're required to create a kids cartoon based on 15 events?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

it is very exciting, Elite four is evil, new elements, 3 Kanto Gym Leaders work for team rocket.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

+2 (+2/-0)     

Quote:
it is very exciting, Elite four is evil, new elements, 3 Kanto Gym Leaders work for team rocket.

---------- Post added 06-16-2010 at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-14-2010 at 05:58 AM ----------

I think I can safely say that this seems to have less to do with the game than the cartoon.

Comments

Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Nah. :P

Just gotta read em all to see how similar it is.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Nah. :P

Just gotta read em all to see how similar it is.
I don't know man...

It seems like there is a crappy women to men ratio in japanese things these days. Just for the sake of keeping that you have all these gender changes in this series. I don't want to seem incredibly sexist here; but it seems like an interesting series often has a cast of more men than women. Women can be interesting, but there really isn't a lot of variety in them when it comes to this kind of thing. I liked Cowboy Bebop because it proved that one female role was enough.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Looks great to me, Tails.
I love anime and manga.

Everyone are entitled to their opinion, and we all have our own individual tastes {I'm told that I taste rather good}
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Well, As you know, Crys was the first "woman" to be a main character in a Pokemon game. Yellow's boy appearance was concocted by Blue (who is heavily based on the "Lass class") saying don't show your womanhood or something like that. Basically all but Red found out by the end of the Yellow saga, either her hat fell off or her crying when her Rattata evolved into a Raticate.

Only the first gen honestly has more, with the inclusion of Lyra that makes another. IMO I prefer Crys over Lyra, but have a friend who would strongly disagree.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski View Post
Everyone are entitled to their opinion, and we all have our own individual tastes {I'm told that I taste rather good}
So I are entitled to my own opinion to, and you is entitled as well? That are pretty good attitude of you.

Damn I hate using that kind of grammar.

So your taste has improved?
I remember you saying something like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Of course people can have their own taste, people tell me I taste horrible.