Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,196, Level: 22 Points: 7,196, Level: 22 Points: 7,196, Level: 22
Level up: 94%
Level up: 94%, 54 Points needed Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Obesity thread.

I didnt know what to call it but its what was being discussed in the captions thread so re-name it as you'd like.

Making fun of bigger people is not ok by any means but in my opinion its not something that should be completly accepted. Otherwise we get an obese nation.....
Being obese kills just like tabacco and drinking and it should be erraticated. Not killing big people if thats the message anyone got from that but erraticated as in make foods have little to no fats that arent needed in a healthy diet. Or tax fatter foods like crazy to make it 'ok' like the government does with alchohol and tabacco.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Obesity thread.

Some people, like myself, have very little control over their weight. Some of us were not gifted with the mega-metabolism others are. Some of us were a little heavy when we started school and were always picked last for the teams and so we might of lost our desire to play sports. Maybe you should just live with us heavy people like you live with smokers and alcoholics. How does that idea sound, slim?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
912 posts
Dojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 416 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

We spend so much money each year on obesity related issues it crazy. More than ALL money spent on ALL cancers. Its a huge preventive problem. The tv show Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows believe it or not, and the proof they have brought forth the last couple years is amazing. Being able to cure certain diseases by simply being healthy, and taking care of yourself is just a small example of what can be done. An ex-contestant within a couple months went from $10,000 dollars worth of pills alone, to the most basic medication which costs a couple hundred...which in time even that will fade away.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
We spend so much money each year on obesity related issues it crazy. More than ALL money spent on ALL cancers. Its a huge preventive problem. Being able to cure certain diseases by simply being healthy, and taking care of yourself is just a small example of what can be done.
I think cancer should be dealt with first.
For the most part, I am healthy, just heavy.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Thank god that my work lifestyle has helped me. I can fit in 2X shirts again and they are comfy. I'm wearing my Megaman and Rush shirt now.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
912 posts
Dojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 416 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

Yeah there are alot of people who are big, but are healthy, and I see no problem with that at all. I only see a problem when it becomes a health issue. And honestly I dont think I would have a problem if it were just small issues, but when it becomes life altering or at the expense of so much money I think something should, and can be done.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

I still believe being heavy as it is being mentioned here is a decision one makes. It has everything to do with you eating habits and your exercise habits, not something you are born with. I was heavy, I didn't have a fast metabolism, and I ate junk all day long. I decided to get healthy because I didn't like myself that way.

I agree making fun of anyone is plain wrong. I also think that calling someone gay to insult them is wrong, and how about all those blond jokes, or jokes about women, about french people, etc? My dad and I would have joke fights, he'd tell a joke of how women are stupid or something, and I'd tell one on how men are stupid. It's just a joke. There's a reason why it's called taking it personally. If I would've taken it personally and gotten mad, I would of been admitting that women are stupid, why? Because when something makes you mad, and gets to you, it means that to you, there's a little truth in what's being said. Unless it's a Michael Jackson joke or something like that, I think those are just plain tasteless.

And by the way, I don't think being a little overweight is wrong, but being overweight and wanting to be treated normal isn't right. Someone overweight is someone with a problem. It's like saying it ok to be an alcoholic, or any other type of addict. It's not healthy. I also feel the same way of anorexics... it's not right, they also have a problem. I'm not saying everyone should be a supermodel, but you should be healthy.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikegirl2012 View Post
And by the way, I don't think being a little overweight is wrong, but being overweight and wanting to be treated normal isn't right. Someone overweight is someone with a problem. It's like saying it ok to be an alcoholic, or any other type of addict. It's not healthy. I also feel the same way of anorexics... it's not right, they also have a problem. I'm not saying everyone should be a supermodel, but you should be healthy.
Thats like reading my mind.
And what I mean by over weight isnt judged by doctors ideas on how you, "You shouldn't weigh more than 150lbs if your 20" or whatever, I mean having health and other issues spring from it.

And i cant stress enough that im not directing any distaste towards anyone at all.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
233 posts
JKool is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 45 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

I can handle people being a bit chunky but when you take up two seats in an airplane put the twinkie down and get on a treadmill!

@nikegirl2012-do you mean France french people or Quebecers?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats

yasly... I agree... david man... I'm to tired to make the conversion from pounds to kilograms, but I basically agree

and by french I mean all of them. Canada and France, and I was going to mention Spain, because here in Mexico we make fun of Gallegos, I don't know if they have those jokes over there. I was basically talking of any jokes on anyone of any race, gender or culture.

I just remembered an episode of Who's Line Is It Anyway that I really must share... at the end Colin Mochrie says something that cracks me up, not because it's making fun of Canadians, but because he's Canadian.

( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3BPMVQab70"]YouTube - Whose Line - Star Wars[/ame]
Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I agree making fun of anyone is plain wrong.
Aww... that's nice, and a good outlook on things.
Quote:
And by the way, I don't think being a little overweight is wrong, but being overweight and wanting to be treated normal isn't right.
What the hell happened? You just said that making fun of people is wrong, yet here you say that it is wrong to be overweight and want to be treated like a normal person.
Tread carefully slim.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
View Stats

I dont think she meant that you should be mocked.
@nikegirl, I was just making an example. I have absolutly no idea of how much you should weigh at 20 yrs.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45 View Post
I dont think she meant that you should be mocked.
That is something you can only really tell from tone of voice, which I, obviously, am incapable of hearing in this situation.
I doubt she meant it like that, but the way she worded it made it sound like an insult.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Yeah, especially since i am overweight. nothing has happened to me yet and i get my daily exercise in. It's called walking.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
Yeah, especially since i am overweight. nothing has happened to me yet and i get my daily exercise in. It's called walking.
Same here.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
View Stats

Maybe she meant not to wallow around, and have people feel sorry for you?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

+1 (+1/-0)     

I think being overweight is similar to being an alcoholic. It is unhealthy. It is undesirable. It is something you should try to avoid and try to fix if it happens to you. It is expensive and raises the cost of health care and insurance.

An important part that many people forget or overlook is that over coming alcohol or fat is much harder for some and much easier for others. Anybody can be a skinny or sober but some people have to try much harder than others.

For me personally, I would have to put a lot of effort in to be fat or an alcoholic. I could do it but it would never happen on its own. For others though it is the opposite. They can do it but it takes just as much effort.

Comments

Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

to be fair though, Davidman, i have been bullied in and out of school because of my weight. the only people that treated me like i was normal were the staff, my parents, and some of my friends on the football team.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
View Stats

I think bullies should be taken outside and beaten
Old 03-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45 View Post
I think bullies should be taken outside and beaten
They should be hit by a bus.
About 3 years ago, I was attacked by someone at the school, and I had to get stiches. What happened to the kid? All he got was 3 days suspension. Also, I got suspended for being involved in a fight.
What kind of justice is that?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
View Stats

I've been taking boxing classes. I cant say im a saint when it comes to bullying but i never picked on kids that had something physically or mentaly wrong with them. Only the kids who've said something to me. Im not gonna make a fight out of everything anyone says to me but im not going to be called a punk and be pushed around by kids who need to learn their place.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
View Stats

I didn't mean it is ok to insult overweight people, if you continue reading my post, you'll see I'm trying to say what Kong worded better. I think alcoholism, and smoking tobacco, and gambling are wrong, just as I think overweight is wrong. Not that they are bad people, or they should be treated badly, it's just something unhealthy. And just as it is very hard to stop an addiction, it is very hard to lose weight. It takes a lot of self control and you have to really want it.

If it seemed like an insulted, well, I meant no insult.

By the way, just because you walk, it doesn't mean that's enough exercise. The right amount of exercise is the exercise that burns as much calories as you eat so that your body has a balance. So if you eat a lot, you have to walk a lot, or any other exercise you like. If you don't eat much, you don't need that much exercise.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

You have a excellent point Kong. I need to fix this mess out as soon as possible. Now that i think about it, one mistake i made in middle school was biting someone. I have been suspended several times but i made up for that.

As for your comment, i apologize for being too rash in posting. Walking around the track by the high school is always a part of my daily exercise. As is practicing karate outside and doing pushups albeit poorly.

Comments

Last edited by StarfoxFan2009; 03-18-2010 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,654 posts
View Stats

Im not saying you need to go on a rampage and fit into whateve society thinks is 'good health'. I just think you can weigh whatever you want as long as your body isnt getting any problems from obesity.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
View Stats

On the subject of bullying... it really depends on how you take it... a boy used to tease me about my breasts being big when I was in middle school. He'd even bully me to the point of not letting me work in class or making fun of me in front of my other classmates, I never cared and after a few months he never bugged me again. (in case anyone says he wanted to go out with me, he was from the "popular" circle in school and I wasn't)

I know some bullies are worse, but violence won't solve a thing, it'll just make more problems. It's like and eye for an eye... if we all follow it the world goes blind. Bullies are just very stupid people, don't make yourself a stupid person by letting them get to you.