Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 10-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

NX preview trailer

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...00063833493504

Should be interesting to see what they have planned.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-20-2016, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,856 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 538 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Re: NX preview trailer

About time they reveal some information about the thing.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Old 10-20-2016, 04:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Yeah, they have been quiet haven't they? Isn't it supposed to be a handheld console or something?
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,786, Level: 29 Points: 12,786, Level: 29 Points: 12,786, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 664 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

The Switch is going to be majestic.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

( Click to show/hide )

I thought the Wii and Wii U were gimmicky and dumb. The Switch looks like it polishes the previous gimmicks into something useful and clever.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

I like it. Very interested in that 3D Mario game in the trailer. Also King Boo is in the Mario Kart part and he's not in MK8 so maybe more DLC for that.

Also curious to see what the battery life is for the controller.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-20-2016, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64

Does this mean N is abandoning 3ds, asymmetric screen and motion sensing controls? Does anyone care?

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/ninten...thing-we-know/
Old 10-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Loving the fact the it uses carts. I hope motion controls are gone for good, they weren't that huge on the wiiu so I suspect they won't be a focus at least, doesn't look like it anyway.

Seems like they will be getting decent 3rd party support, witch is pretty much the popular opinion of why Nintendos last couple systems have been weak.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------
https://i.redd.it/87z250ng1nsx.jpg

Wow, that's pretty much everybody.
kong on Bronies:

Old 10-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

bleh... Sucks that Skyrim got deconfirmed :I
Old 10-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
bleh... Sucks that Skyrim got deconfirmed :I
Where are you reading that? As of 2 hours ago it's on this list:
Nintendo Switch Games - Nintendo Switch Wiki Guide - IGN

A couple DQ games on there witch is cool.
kong on Bronies:

Old 10-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
View Stats

Bethesda deconfirmed it earlier.

Skyrim Not Confirmed for Nintendo Switch, Despite Appearing in Video Reveal - GameSpot
Old 10-20-2016, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
https://i.redd.it/87z250ng1nsx.jpg

Wow, that's pretty much everybody.
Quote:
Many different publishers and developers have pledged involvement but that doesn’t mean much. As usual with the launch of a new game platform, Nintendo has a massive list of major game developers and publishers that are publicly announcing support for the Switch. Just take all this with a grain of salt, because none of this means they’ll definitely release games on the platform—just that they’re looking into it.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Hoping the third party developers stick around this time. There's no gimmick like the Wii U pad this time, so I don't see why not. Also the specs for the system look pretty good to me.

@Kong- I doubt they abandon the 3DS considering how well it sells and how popular it is with kids. It's also much cheaper than the Switch will be (assuming Switch will be >$300).

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-21-2016, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

I read power wise it lies somewhere between the bone and PS4, it shouldn't be a lot of work to port stuff over like it was with the Wiiu.
kong on Bronies:

Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
View Stats

Unreal has decided to lend their support to the Switch

Unreal Engine 4 Will Be Supported on Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Life
Old 10-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
King of the Mod Squad
Donor
Game Mod
Administrator
632 posts
krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,103, Level: 22 Points: 7,103, Level: 22 Points: 7,103, Level: 22
Level up: 82%
Level up: 82%, 147 Points needed Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Did anyone happen to notice if the controller/pad/whatever had the scroll wheel we saw in the patent papers? That would have been ideal for a weapon select or something.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Switch event starts in half an hour:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YL...bU6UOsYThoC2V4[COLOR="Silver"]
-Party is pretty happenin
-No region locking
-March 3rd launch, $299
-Some weird app that somehow ties into online play that is paid subscription
-Whole presentaion has a creepy vibe to it
-Some weird boxing game called arms that is very gimmicky but might be fun for a party game
-Splatoon 2
-Super Mario Odyssey, seems to play like Mario 64, should move a few units
-Xenoblade 2
-Fire Emblem Warriors

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

-3 DQ games Japan Only
-Shin Megami Tensai
-Project octopus traveler (or something lol) looks pretty sweet!
-Skyrim
-Some No More Heroes/Pro Wrestling crossover... really poor translation, no footage shown
-FIFA (good sign I guess)
-Cuts to Reggie live in New York, and he just kills it, Miyamoto and Aonuma are there too
-Zelda BOTW, available at launch
The End.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 01-13-2017 at 12:06 AM..
kong on Bronies:

Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,856 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

That matches up fairly well with my notes:

Release: March 3, 2017
Price: $300

-No region lock

-2.5-6 hour battery life

-Up to 8 can be connected together

-Joycons can read amiibos, have a capture button, have gyro sensors; otherwise pretty standard

-Red and blue color variations of joycons

-The joycons apparently have a camera

-1-2 Switch, seems to be some sort of minigame thing

-Arms, stretchy armed boxing game

-Getting serious Wii vibes here

-Splatoon 2 coming this summer

-Mario in a city? Whaa

-Mario can throw his hat and jump on it

-Super Mario Odyssey coming Holiday 2017; looks really cool(like SM64)

-Xenoblade 2? But there's already 2 Xenoblade games....

-Fire Emblem Warriors sounds cool

-Dragon Quest X and XI coming to Switch, Heroes 1 & 2 also

-Another Shin Megami Tensei game

-STOP IT WITH THE SWITCH PUNS; WE GET IT

-Skyrim confirmed

-Suda 51's translator's slow as shit

-Why are they wasting time showcasing FIFA?

-Zelda will be a launch title

Ehh, the presentation wasn't that impressive, gets a solid meh from me.

Last edited by ZedIsDead; 01-13-2017 at 12:23 AM..
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Old 01-13-2017, 02:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

No, not mind blowing, needed at least 1 more big game, Metroid or something. Octopath Traveller was pretty much all that interested me.
kong on Bronies:

Old 01-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Haven't watched the trailer yet.

$300 is too much. Seems way too gimmicky. Will wait for a price drop and better library.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Zelda on launch date saved the presentation from being terrible, but I still (most likely) won't be buying Switch on launch. I'll just buy the WiiU Breath of the Wild version if there are no/small version differences. BotW looks great by the way. Very excited and only 2 months away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
That matches up fairly well with my notes:

-Xenoblade 2? But there's already 2 Xenoblade games....
I believe it's supposed to be a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, the one with Shulk. Xenoblade Chronicles X was just a new Xenoblade game. The name is still stupid though.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
View Stats

I've been saying for years that Fire Emblem would make for a great Warriors title. Tecmo and Nintendo better not disappoint me. Speaking of, that Direct is coming up Wednesday
Old 01-14-2017, 01:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Watched the trailer and did some reading up. Thoughts:

- $300 no game bundled. XB1 and PS4 are more powerful, have a better library, have better third party support, cheapest bundles cost ~$50 less and come with a game.

- Portable screen is far under specifications compared to tablet devices. Wont be replacing a tablet for portable consumption of media or internet browsing.

- If they market it as a portable gaming device it seems more impressive.

- $90 for an additional docking station (for 99.99% of households with more than one TV) is too much for what amounts to an AC and HDMI cable. No processing is done by the dock after all.

- $80 for a set of joy cons and $70 for a pro controller seems high.

- 32Gb internal storage is ridiculously small. Can accept up to 250Gb micro SD cards, though micro SD cards have an incredibly slow transfer rate compared to an SSD.

- Paying for a Nintendo online service that offers nothing as incentive except the rental of one virtual console game is idiotic. Nintendo hasn't proven they can maintain a feature rich and stable online service. Something that offers a unified account system, quick and easy match making, a painless shopping experience, a well integrated and vibrant friends community. You know, all the things Steam does for free.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

At this point it really just comes down to Breath Of The Wild, and we really don't know anything about it. We've seen lots of gameplay footage, but still don't know a lot, will there be villages? shops? castles? Heart Containers? These things are important to me.

The gimmicky stuff seems like a cash grab that won't be supported, as is tradition, its just a way to move units to the millennials. Even then, I think they missed their mark.

Being able to feel how many ice cubes are in your Joycon is neat, but holy shit how is that ever going to apply to anything?
kong on Bronies:

Old 01-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,856 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugyince View Post
- Paying for a Nintendo online service that offers nothing as incentive except the rental of one virtual console game is idiotic. Nintendo hasn't proven they can maintain a feature rich and stable online service. Something that offers a unified account system, quick and easy match making, a painless shopping experience, a well integrated and vibrant friends community. You know, all the things Steam does for free.
Nintendo's hilariously out of touch. I have a PS4 and subscribe to PS+. Every month, PS+ subscribers can download a handful of AAA and indie titles for free, and keep them as long as they stay subscribed. Nintendo sees this, and decides that a rental of Urban Champion for a month is just as good. I can't wait to pay money for a service by the people who thought friend codes were a good idea.

Also, I saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
Online lobby and voice chat: Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device. A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.
So, we're going to need a phone for voice chat? Are you fucking serious, Nintendo? Also, this makes it sound like it's restricted to people on your friends list.