Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

NIntendo left for dead WHAT ?

i been reading alot of talk about nintendo being left for dead . not everything thinks this but a good portion of people do .thing is i dont understand what people smoken. i mean yeah sure wii U sales arent as hot and ps4 and xbox one stuff looks so much hotter then whats inside the wii U . even the ps3 and xbox 360 had hotter stuff in there system then the wii . but the wii still manged to out sell them . thing is people aways be saying Nintendo is dead or is going to die . i mean in the 1990s they said the same thing .

but lets look at the numbers i mean when the 3Ds came out at over 200 bucks i believe or 250 i think not sure i dont remember lol . but yeah they had alot of bad games at first and did not come out with a famous launch like Nintendo know for and the sales were bad so bad they lowered the cost of the system .they said vita was going to destroy it . they said the 3Ds is done in . whats it doing now its killing the vita 2 to 1 .3ds is dominating vita all the way . and with the games of pokemon coming out for it at the end the year thats going to move systems like crazy cuzz people who dont have one will be forced to buy one if they still want to play the series .

i bet you pokemon 3Ds games will out sell the first few xbox one and ps4 titles . pokemon moves systems like crazy . its the second biggest selling game series of all time . nintendo not only has that but mario ,zelda donkey kong ,metroid and many other characters . in all honesty people saying Nintendo wii U left for dead . wait till the Nintendo based franchise hit the scene. mario can move over 10 million copy's with one game . and when it has mario 3D game coming out for the 3ds and a brand new mario adventure like mario gal hitting the scene . and then with pokemon and mario kart coming out as well as others . i dont see how you can say nintendo is left for dead . people arent buying the wii U right now cuzz thoes franchise arent out for it . i mean look at the ps3 when it came out people said that was dead cuzz of the huge losses sony was taken . now look at it doing very well . i think the same could be said for the wii U . the franchies that people crave so much arent out yet .

i think people are jumping the gun like always . i mean this fall and going into next year nintendo will have a killer line . to say they wont with games like super smash bros a HD zelda ,pikmin 3,mario and what eles know those game will sell very well and move wii U systems like crazy. nintendo is know for dealing with crazy situations were every seems to count them out . there not done in yet .

Last edited by sora2k10; 05-25-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 05-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Re: NIntendo left for dead WHAT ?

I hear that Nintendo has fewer-than-expected sales, but not that it will die. All businesses suffer lapses in success, but I doubt that itll 'disappear from the market.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Wii U is dead before it even started. It has already earned last place for this round of consoles. Nintendo screwed this system up beyond belief on every aspect - engineering, development, and marketing.

3DS will probably do fine, especially with Pokemon coming out, which will move a bazillion units worldwide.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Wii U is dead before it even started. It has already earned last place for this round of consoles. Nintendo screwed this system up beyond belief on every aspect - engineering, development, and marketing.

3DS will probably do fine, especially with Pokemon coming out, which will move a bazillion units worldwide.
3DS has the potential to be the best selling system of all time. WiiU will pick up after a price drop and a few landmark titles. Obviously it's too early to tell how it will do compared to the other 2, but I would not be surprised if it finishes last, or first.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

It'll be funny if the WiiU does worse than the new Xbone.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
The XBone will sell, it will be marketed to high heaven and it will be a big ticket item this Christmas. I'm thinking that the PS4 might do better though. I think all the negative feedback might be trickling into the school yards, and what really matters is what the kids think is "cool".
Old 05-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Yeah but you have to agree it will be funny if the WiiU does worse despite the flood overwhelmingly negative hype about the new xbox.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Xbone the Wii-U...

Many interesting funnies is gonna happen.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora2k10 View Post
i been reading alot of talk about nintendo being left for dead . not everything thinks this but a good portion of people do .thing is i dont understand what people smoken. i mean yeah sure wii U sales arent as hot and ps4 and xbox one stuff looks so much hotter then whats inside the wii U . even the ps3 and xbox 360 had hotter stuff in there system then the wii . but the wii still manged to out sell them . thing is people aways be saying Nintendo is dead or is going to die . i mean in the 1990s they said the same thing .

but lets look at the numbers i mean when the 3Ds came out at over 200 bucks i believe or 250 i think not sure i dont remember lol . but yeah they had alot of bad games at first and did not come out with a famous launch like Nintendo know for and the sales were bad so bad they lowered the cost of the system .they said vita was going to destroy it . they said the 3Ds is done in . whats it doing now its killing the vita 2 to 1 .3ds is dominating vita all the way . and with the games of pokemon coming out for it at the end the year thats going to move systems like crazy cuzz people who dont have one will be forced to buy one if they still want to play the series .

i bet you pokemon 3Ds games will out sell the first few xbox one and ps4 titles . pokemon moves systems like crazy . its the second biggest selling game series of all time . nintendo not only has that but mario ,zelda donkey kong ,metroid and many other characters . in all honesty people saying Nintendo wii U left for dead . wait till the Nintendo based franchise hit the scene. mario can move over 10 million copy's with one game . and when it has mario 3D game coming out for the 3ds and a brand new mario adventure like mario gal hitting the scene . and then with pokemon and mario kart coming out as well as others . i dont see how you can say nintendo is left for dead . people arent buying the wii U right now cuzz thoes franchise arent out for it . i mean look at the ps3 when it came out people said that was dead cuzz of the huge losses sony was taken . now look at it doing very well . i think the same could be said for the wii U . the franchies that people crave so much arent out yet .

i think people are jumping the gun like always . i mean this fall and going into next year nintendo will have a killer line . to say they wont with games like super smash bros a HD zelda ,pikmin 3,mario and what eles know those game will sell very well and move wii U systems like crazy. nintendo is know for dealing with crazy situations were every seems to count them out . there not done in yet .
Nintendo won't die because they dominate the handheld market, but they might kill themselves in the console arena.

Nintendo dug themselves a huge hole with the Wii U in my opinion
Old 05-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

This is gonna sound kinda mean but,

yes Nintendo should have announced launch titles right away and had them released once the Wii U hit the shelves. BUT, I think it's a bit too early to say that Nintendo dug their own grave with the Wii U considering that their mainstays haven't even been released yet. Now, if, by the time that their Zeldas and Marios and Super Smash Bros and Kirby's and Pikmin's + everything else is released that the console is still not selling well - then yes, you can say they dug themselves a huge hole.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Yeah but you have to agree it will be funny if the WiiU does worse despite the flood overwhelmingly negative hype about the new xbox.
Funny, sure.. sad, definitely.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
This outcome is 100% guaranteed. 100%.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

the wii u wont need a price drop . your more likely to see the ps4 or the xbox one get one before depending on price of those two . i mean sony sold the ps3 at 600 and they had so many price drops before the wii even had one .

also 3ds will do really fine . the wii u will pick up .like i said people mostly buy the nintendo systems to play the classics . wii sold so much cuzz of the causual crowd but also cuzz of games like smash bros and core nintendo base franchises third party never really moves systems for nintendo that much cuzz they follow a diffrent orthaodox that is diffrent from sony and microsoft .

like i said you will see wii u pick up support . i mean 360 when it first came out sales were slow at first for it . coming out first is always tough . you cant really tell when coming out first if your gonna do good or not . cuZz when your first and there is already estblished systems out doing very well its tough to convice people at first to spend another 300 dollars for something new .

i bet if nintendo would of came out with zelda or mario game like say mario game like an adventure one not new super mario bros and had some other core titles at launch sales would of did well . its like the 3ds
there sales did not start to pick up till mario came out for it and the other core franchies that followed. only then did you see there system sales start to really pick up and people as well said that system was dead in the water .

@tails kinda what you said was premature since no one knows what the outcome of the three systems . since two are not even out yet and last time i check people that judge a system base on a 30 min tv showing is kinda dum . price can a determin a systems out come from the start of things . say the ps4 charges 600 buck or more . you think people would spend that kinda money right away . some will but not all look at the ps3 . they lost over 3billion dollars sony that year . so dont judge too early

Last edited by sora2k10; 05-25-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
This outcome is 100% guaranteed. 100%.
How can you be so sure with so little known about the xbone?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
View Stats

The Wii U is not only having a games problem. It's also fighting a losing battle against economics.

There is no way it can hope to compete salewise with the PS4/720 without taking losses on each sale.

I predict that both PS4/720 will price at 399$ on launch, max. Anything north of 400$ is insane in today's market, as mobile has drastically lowered the perceived value of hardware and software in the eyes of consumers. They don't care if the true cost of manufacturing/R&D/distribution is much higher, they want to see the lowest price at retail.

The Wii U is currently priced at 350$ (let's ignore the silly basic model). That means for only 50$ more you get a much more powerful game console that will be hyped with massive third party support.

Let's also consider the fact that Microsoft will probably launch a subsidized version of the console, as they did with the 360, so they can launch a version with an even lower upfront cost, lower than the Wii U's current price. Let's say a 199$ console with a $10/month Live contract for 24 months. It doesn't matter that in the long run it will cost more, the consumer sees the low front loaded price, and sees it as a better value.

It is definitely NOT in Nintendo's philosophy to do business this way, even if the onus is completely on the consumer to do basic arithmetic and decide what is a better value.

Nintendo already takes a loss on the hardware with the Wii U, although it becomes a gain on a single software sale. At this time, they don't have enough software sales by any stretch of the imagination to make up the loss taken by a price drop. Satoru Iwata probably can't even consider it since his job security is now tied to success in this fiscal year.

A price drop also sets a dangerous precedent for any future consoles Nintendo could ever launch. Dropping the 3DS price was a huge gamble, a hail mary for the device. It succeeded, but it also caused Nintendo to take their first losses in corporate history. Forums are already chattering about "holding out for the price drop" and "waiting for the Ambassador program" even though this has happened only once in the company's history.

Never mind the fact that almost half of the console's cost is in the gamepad controller, and that it is mandatory for games.

Anything they announce from here forward will only be picked up by the Nintendo fan crowd. They've lost the casual crowd to mobile, and any buzz by the console will be immediately drowned out by PS4/720 news hype.

In short:
Can't drop the price without taking losses.
Can't compete on perceived consumer value without dropping price.
Can't compete in the games sphere due to intentionally dropping out of that market years ago.

Obligatory Nintendoomed. They will survive as a company, but I can't in any way see them turning this console around. And they can't abandon the console, otherwise nobody in their right mind will have confidence in any Nintendo machine ever again.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

So this could actually signal the end of a Nintendo console? If the WiiU launched poorly and continues to do poorly until the next gen would Nintendo gamble again?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
View Stats

Let's be clear here - this is all speculation on my part, informed by what I know about economics, consumer psychology, and technology.

As far as another console goes, by then, once again we'll be asking if there is any real demand for a dedicated games device. It is really hard to call things with the mobile sphere moving as fast as it is; it affects every other technology sector.
Success for the PS4/720 in the games space is not guaranteed - they could still bomb after the initial launch hype fizzles out. But they can double down as media devices, which is already more than the Wii U does. So yes, they would sitll sell more than the Wii U if that is the case.

Nintendo dropping out of the home game console market wouldn't surprise me in the least, since they already gave up trying to seriously compete in that space with the Wii in 2006.

Last edited by Seahawk; 05-25-2013 at 09:29 PM..
Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

I think Nintendo's sales might pick up in the summer if they lower the price of the system because a few iconic games are scheduled to be released. I think sales will drop back again after the summer though.

3DS is by far a better system. 3DS has been my favorite system in a long time (Better than Xbox 360, Wii, WiiU, and PS3 imo). I can use my PC for anything that I can't get with the 3DS (mostly the Xbox and PS stuff). So I think Nintendo can survive largely on the part of the 3DS.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

@hawk. Sounds about right.
Quote:
Never mind the fact that almost half of the console's cost is in the gamepad controller, and that it is mandatory for games.
Such a stupid move.

Quote:
They've lost the casual crowd to mobile
This probably will be a huge, crippling hit to Nintendo. Wii U is not competing against MS and Sony. They are competing against Droids and iPhones. Most of their customers already have smart phones that play the same general types of games.

Quote:
So this could actually signal the end of a Nintendo console? If the WiiU launched poorly and continues to do poorly until the next gen would Nintendo gamble again?
In 5 years the idea of a gaming console change drastically. I bet it will be the largest redefining generation ever. But even if Nintendo completely flops this time around, they will probably still be here in 2020.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

I agree with Seahawks on most points except this:

Nintendo can't afford to drop out of the console market. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has only video games to lean on. The console market is currently their only diversification from their handheld market. If they solely rely on hendhelds and the 4DS or whatever the 3DS's successor is called flops, the company flops with it.

Yakamuchi is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

There is a lot of under-estimation of first party titles going on in this thread. A Mario Kart and a Smash Bros. will make a world of difference.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

It's funny I remember Fungusman telling me about this about three years ago.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Donor
222 posts
Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Permafrostrick intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 19
Points: 4,395, Level: 19 Points: 4,395, Level: 19 Points: 4,395, Level: 19
Level up: 37%, 255 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

when is the last time nintendo came out with a new character? it's been hmm...since SNES?
each new system they have new Zelda games, mario games, DKC games etc. seriously?

don't they have any creativity left to create totally new characters and story lines/gameplay?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrostrick View Post
when is the last time nintendo came out with a new character? it's been hmm...since SNES?
each new system they have new Zelda games, mario games, DKC games etc. seriously?

don't they have any creativity left to create totally new characters and story lines/gameplay?
For real! When are they gonna realize that generic FPS's are where true creativity is, right?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
For real! When are they gonna realize that generic FPS's are where true creativity is, right?
This is surprising. I thought you didn't like FPS titles. Why suggest them now, and out of no where?

@Permafrostrick: Most of those titles with new gameplay and storyline have either little marketing, never see a US release, or simply don't exist. I would imagine that these are the reasons you don't see them.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Business is this:

stick with what sells.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Unfortunately, we all wish business could be this:

Stick with innovation that sells.

But it's not.

Also:

Quote:
Most of those titles with new gameplay and storyline have either little marketing, never see a US release, or simply don't exist. I would imagine that these are the reasons you don't see them.
this.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)