Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 615 USD (25%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported by donations. We have minimal ads and no membership fees.
Donors receive a few perks such as no ads and access to hidden areas of the site.
Please help us stay 100% free and growing by making a donation. Thank you.
List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 07-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
6,748 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44
Level up: 43%
Level up: 43%, 864 Points needed Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A new nation is born

I simply find this to be very interesting and historical. Does anyone know how many nations have been created in the past two decades?

Independent South Sudan "free at last" - Yahoo! News
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
4,984 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 29,365, Level: 41 Points: 29,365, Level: 41 Points: 29,365, Level: 41
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 285 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Re: A new nation is born

Wikipedia:
South_Sudan South_Sudan

Flag:

If I'm correct, this is the newest country since Bosnia, but don't quote me on that.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,446 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 89,433, Level: 61 Points: 89,433, Level: 61 Points: 89,433, Level: 61
Level up: 95%
Level up: 95%, 1,117 Points needed Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Actually there's a lot of new countries in the last twenty years. I was gonna list them but the list was turning out to be huge. Most were formed with the collapse of the soviet union and the rest were usually parts of other nations that collapsed. A few were left overs of British colonialism as well.

A couple notable ones are Iraq and Kuwait. One had it's government defeated and rebuilt and the other gained it's independence when that happened.

List_of_sovereign_states_by_date_of_formation List_of_sovereign_states_by_date_of_formation

About this newest one I'm honestly skeptical. I'm glad they gained their freedom but how are they gonna make it work? The people are mostly dirt poor and the country barely has any infrastructure. I think it will end up like Somalia, lawless cesspool with the good people fleeing.

Best gif ever.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I don't think this will work out all too well. New nations don't do so well.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)
Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,235 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 37
Points: 22,010, Level: 37 Points: 22,010, Level: 37 Points: 22,010, Level: 37
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 340 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

My hope is that the formation of this new nation state will benefit the common people of the region and raise their standard of living.
>> << - Shop Till' You Drop - Elite
Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

The problem being that the northern and southern parts of Sudan have been in conflict recently, and making them two separate nations could worsen tensions, as opposed to alleviating them.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,446 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

But regardless of the potential conflict it seems like it was an inevitable split. Maybe it's just what they needed. Like when Massachusetts got rid of that all that useless land we now call Maine.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
View Stats

It might work out, like when the United States split north and south into the Union and the Confederation, that worked out quite well, don't you think?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,446 posts
View Stats

That's a good example of a bad decision to split. Maybe a hundred years later would've been different but at the time the south really didn't have much of a chance. Even if the war never happened and they just split it's not like the confederacy could've thrived without the union states.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
View Stats

True, both the Confederacy and Union needed one another, the Confederate states needed raw materials from the Union states, and the Union states needed manufactured goods from the Confederate states, or maybe it was the other way around. Either way, neither was able to function properly alone.