Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My mom is going to China

My mom is going to China in a week or two... and she asked what I wanted. I said that a laptop wasn't a good idea because of many things I've heard... but she wants a Wii Fit Plus and I was checking out the Region thing... I have been reading a lot of forums and stuff... many say that if the games are Region 2 NTSC that I can play them here (Mexico but I think it's the same as USA) but I thought that NTSC is for DVD's. So I'm very confused... and yeah, if I decide to hack my Wii then I can have region free which is very frowned upon by Nintendo. So... since for the moment I don't plan to hack it... can someone that understands or that has experience, or better yet both... explain this to me...

And for those who don't... what else can I ask my mom to get me from China that's not too big or expensive?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Re: My mom is going to China

You're spoiled, BIG TIME.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
306 posts
zarny is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,499, Level: 11 Points: 1,499, Level: 11 Points: 1,499, Level: 11
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 1 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

Noodles.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Isn't everything "Made in China"?
I'm sure she can find everything cheep, especially in a communist state.

Remove Pootis
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
You're spoiled, BIG TIME.
I don't think so at all. Her mother is going on a trip and wants to buy her daughter something while she's there? Oh the horror. It's not like she's buying her a brand new android or something.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

tea
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I don't think so at all. Her mother is going on a trip and wants to buy her daughter something while she's there? Oh the horror. It's not like she's buying her a brand new android or something.
She just got a Wii .-.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Hahahahahaha XD

1... I am spoiled (but thanks for defending me)... in the sense that I can get almost anything I want for my birthday because my grandama will buy me anything I want. Almost anything... sometimes I can ask for something like a new LCD Full High Definition... sometimes all I get is a couple of new video games... I'm not sure what it depends on but I take advantage of it when I can

2.... My mom is going on a business trip, and yeah, I can't see how she asking me if I want anything from China is equal to being spoiled. I suppose Tails is just jelouse :P just kidding. Mainly because since it's my mom, the best I can get out of her is the Wii Fit Plus since she wants it too.

3... She offered me a laptop, and I said no, mainly because mine, although I get mad at it often, works just fine. Just in case this is why you called me spoiled, but I just said it to set an example of something that I wouldn't buy.

Another example, I already asked for a Chinese dress. I rarely use dresses but I would love one like this:

Of course, I'd prefer it with a dragon on it or something like that.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Oh, I forgot to mention, the Wii was a late birthday present
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

You have nice parents.

Remove Pootis
Old 04-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
She just got a Wii .-.
And? A wii is 200 dollars. Granted she didn't buy it herself but that doesn't make her spoiled. I bought my brother a new tv for like 350, does that make him spoiled?

I would call her lucky, spoiled is someone who gets whatever they want without any appreciation of the cost or the sentiment. I don't think Nikegirl fits that.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

She admitted she is DB.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

I would go with a nice cheongsam if you have the body type for it.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
She admitted she is DB.
That may be so but it doesn't mean she actually is going by what she's said in this topic.
Besides, I was just commenting on your first post. It seemed to imply that she was spoiled like Paris Hilton or some one equally worthless. Like I said, she's just lucky to have family that cares about her enough to buy her things.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
I would go with a nice cheongsam if you have the body type for it.
I hope you wouldn't wear one Tenser, I like my vison.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

If I was to get something from China it would be a cool statue or Guan Yu. Not sure if that's something Nikegirl would want though.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post

Remove Pootis
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

You're picture is broken.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

Edit: It doesn't look broken to me, but here's another picture.

Remove Pootis
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Wow, I should have seen that one coming.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Don't be so hard on Tenser, I'm sure he would fill out a cheongsam nicely.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Don't be so hard on Tenser, I'm sure he would fill out a cheongsam nicely.
I've never had the urge to see a man in such an outfit.
Because of the cruelty of my mind, I automatically assumed he was talking about a shorter one, like this:

( Click to show/hide )

Seeing any man dressed like this would make me go blind.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Why, they make them for males too.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Damn I want one of those.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I guess the new ps is out in china now, get her to pick you up one of these:
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats