Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 523 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Movies Traumatization

When I was about 6 years old I saw Bambi for the first time, the scene when Bambi's mother got shot traumatized me for life. The weird thing is that when I was six, I played violent video games, I played Mortal Kombat, Doom, Street Fighter, Tekken etc. Yet they did nothing, all the violence, blood and gore from those games did nothing yet Bambi traumatized me.

Any movies/games moments that kinda traumatized you or something to that effect?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Re: Movies Traumatization

Kenan and Kel's Two heads are better than none.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 523 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Kenan and Kel's Two heads are better than none.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

I remember watching this movie. I'm not sure if it's this part, but I remember I would have to double check the john for any butt chomping critters.
( Click to show/hide )
Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Poltergeist 2 had this creepy preacher in it {who was actually a ghost of some kind coming after Carol Ann - OF COURSE!} and he would sing this song:
'God is in his holy tem - ple!'

( Click to show/hide )

anyone else remember this guy?
He was cr - eeeeeeee- py!
What is it about little Carol Ann that she attracted all those ghosts, anyhow?
Is it because she reminded them of Shirley Temple?
( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by RU Joe; 06-10-2010 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: spoilers
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

When I was younger, not more than six years old, my dad made me watch a movie called something like: "Killer Klowns From Outer Space."
I never was able to look at clowns the same again, that movie really ruined them for me.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Thanks a lot JG now I'll relive those childhood fears. That preacher dude was freaky.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

DB:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Thanks a lot JG now I'll relive those childhood fears. That preacher dude was freaky.
So I guess using him as my avatar is out, eh?
Shucks.

You know it's weird how I remember him more than almost anything else in the series.
I guess he's just one of those permeating entities, if you take my meaning.

Chuck, Bambi is a horror film.
For that matter, Disney has a way of making some uncomfortable statements; and Bambi was where they set the precedent for almost all of the animated characters with THE DEAD MOM.
I think Princess Aurora is the only one who has a living mother, you notice that?
It's weird and creepy.

Tails, who are Kenan and Kel?
Two heads are better than none?
Whassat?
I remember a movie where this guy slowly grew another head out of his neck,
and at first it helped him by giving him ideas on how to better his business, but in the end it turned out to be and tried to take over the body completely by cutting off the original head.

Joz:
your Critters are creepy too.
Perhaps it was a Gremlins take - off?
There were a lot of movies back then, and they were a lot of fun.
Now they seem to be so dark and serious it's like the fun is gone.
I remember being scared of the dark after watching some shows; oddly enough some of the more frightening ones were the early 80's shows about hauntings.
{I swear the house we lived in was haunted, but that's another story}

DM:

Quote:
my dad made me watch a movie called something like: "Killer Klowns From Outer Space."
I never sat through the whole thing yet but what I did see was rather graphic, considering that they're clowns and all.
Hmm.
You know, this recurring theme of evil clowns makes me wonder if they didn't have some dark origin - like maybe the executioner used to dress up as a clown back when executions were part of the town entertainment?
I'm speculating and probably wrong but it does make me wonder why this keeps coming back.
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Quote:
So I guess using him as my avatar is out, eh?
Shucks.
Go for it if you want. It's not like I have a phobia or anything. It'd be funny to see if anyone else comments on it. I'm sure a lot of the older people remember him.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

There was one called "pieces" that I was way too young to see:

My mom had some awesome boyfriends.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
When I was younger, not more than six years old, my dad made me watch a movie called something like: "Killer Klowns From Outer Space."
I never was able to look at clowns the same again, that movie really ruined them for me.

Contradiction much?

Remove Pootis
Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

One of my earliest scary memories was the Banshee in Darby O'Gill and the Little People. When I was 5, that thing was as scary as Hades.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski View Post

DM:

I never sat through the whole thing yet but what I did see was rather graphic, considering that they're clowns and all.
Hmm.
You know, this recurring theme of evil clowns makes me wonder if they didn't have some dark origin - like maybe the executioner used to dress up as a clown back when executions were part of the town entertainment?
I'm speculating and probably wrong but it does make me wonder why this keeps coming back.
That movie is fairly graphic, especially when you are young.
The reoccurring theme of evil clowns is probably something to do with the fact that looking at the face of a clown, is like staring directly at a lie. The only emotions shown are extreme joy, and extreme sorrow, and a smiling clown could thus kill everyone, and still show the same expression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond View Post

Contradiction much?
If I remember, Kefka wasn't really a clown, just a crazy magician with bad fashion sense. And the clownlyness (not sure if that's a word, but it is now) doesn't come through in the god form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
One of my earliest scary memories was the Banshee in Darby O'Gill and the Little People. When I was 5, that thing was as scary as Hades.
I almost forgot about that, I had frequent nightmares about the thing when I was really young.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

DM:
Quote:
The reoccurring theme of evil clowns is probably something to do with the fact that looking at the face of a clown, is like staring directly at a lie. The only emotions shown are extreme joy, and extreme sorrow, and a smiling clown could thus kill everyone, and still show the same expression.
Nice analysis, and I think you may really be on to something there.
Also it seems that my executioner scenario fits it perfectly.

Quote:
.....Originally Posted by Winnebagel

DM:
I almost forgot about that, I had frequent nightmares about the thing when I was really young.
Ok now I'm starting to remember a movie with Malcolm McDowell? saying that
'The Banshee knows'
to someone he was hiding in a castle with.

Outside in the moonlight, from tall grass at the edge of the forest a ghostly figure emerges, looming closer, drifting along the ground like a fog.
Although it has Human shape it is no Earthly being, but a messenger of doom for those who have done wrongful deeds ... the Banshee knows.

Ok the rest of it ad lib but the Banshee knows is rock solid.
( Click to show/hide )