Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

(More) Trouble in SteelerNation

I guess this is directed at Tenser.

What is your take on the news that Big Ben has been suspended for 6 games (4 with good behavior) and more importantly, the news that the Steelers are willing to trade the 2-time Super Bowl winner.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Re: (More) Trouble in SteelerNation

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I had already made up my mind that if he isn't traded I'll stop watching the games and more importantly, purchasing Steeler items. (Mind you this comes from someone who is obsessed with his team.) One of my sources of pride as a Steeler fan is that my team doesn't put up with players who are thugs or starlettes. We aren't the Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, Ravens, etc...

I could not cheer for a (in my mind) rapist alongside of my six year old. How could I possibly justify that?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

I don't know anything about the case, but I just read an article that said some girl accused him of rape, got an inconclusive medical exam, and then said she did not want him prosecuted.

Sounds fishy to be. It makes way more since to me that some girl thought she could get a payoff if she had sex with a rich man and then accused him of rape. I think it is unfair to assume he is guilty.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

I agree, TMT. This has been happening a lot more after the Kobe trial. I think it has a lot to do with trying to extort money
Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

No, this is different. I've been following the case very closely. Looks like Oakland might trade their first found pick for him.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

What I'd love to know is why the NFL is making a big deal of it now. They didn't raise a stink last time he was accused of it
Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

It probably has to do with publicity.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
They didn't raise a stink last time he was accused of it
the first time is the benefit of the doubt. regardless of whether or not ben is guilty, it is obvious that he continues to make poor decisions with the company he keeps, the places he goes, and the hobbies he chooses to have. he keeps proving that he is nothing more that a pampered, spoiled meathead that thinks he can have it all his way.

also, regardless if there were no charges filed or if he has never been found guilty of any crime in the court of law, he has definately been found guilty in the court of public opinion. the primary reason why mooney wants him out, followed by not wanting to pay a player that is suspended, a la santonio holmes (super bowl mvp)
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Rooney, not Mooney.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

thanks for the correction, old football coach where i work was named mooney, had a slip
Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
No, this is different. I've been following the case very closely. Looks like Oakland might trade their first found pick for him.
Can you give me some bullet points as to why you think he's guilty?
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Tom, I know that was directed at Tenser, but I think it has to do with the fact that he has been accused before. While I'm unsure of his guilt myself, that does tend to make people pay more attention to later accusations made against a person.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
Can you give me some bullet points as to why you think he's guilty?
You'll have to excuse me for not itemizing everything I've read. If you're actually interested I'll direct you to a blog I follow. Not only is he both funny and informative, but his posts are filled with the bullet points you seek and are sourced with links as well.

Nice Pick, Cowher | A Pittsburgh Steelers Blog

Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Pretty good blog. I still don't think it's definitive, but definitely some messed up stuff and some good points.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Oh, no. See, this is why Pittsburgh is going to get a lot of fire from fans. My Packers mistreated Brett Favre for NO reason. If they trade Big Ben, watch how fast SteelerNation turns on them.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Favre also didn't whip it out and say do what you want.. to my knowledge.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Pitt isn't like that though. I expect that the Steelers will get more fire from their fans for (alliteration, yeah!) keeping him than they would for trading him.