Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 07-13-2015, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Minions

Has anyone seen/planning on seeing this? I saw it today and I really enjoyed it. Some parts I felt dragged but overall I felt it was good. The ending seemed a bit weird though.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2015, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Re: Minions

Saturday I took the family to the drive-ins and we saw Minions and Terminator.

While Minions was cute, overall I felt it lacked any depth, emotional draw, and was completely predictable. My kid seemed to enjoy it though, so goal achieved I guess.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,786, Level: 29 Points: 12,786, Level: 29 Points: 12,786, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 664 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

How was Terminator?
Old 07-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugyince View Post

While Minions was cute, overall I felt it lacked any depth, emotional draw, and was completely predictable. My kid seemed to enjoy it though, so goal achieved I guess.
I kept on speculating when their future boss makes an appearance. I was left disappointed at the end result.

( Click to show/hide )
I felt like he should have been the son of overkill or that family who gave them a ride as that baby him just randomly appearing there was just stupid.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62

It had a lot of nods to the first two movies. It was decent enough but involved a lot of time travel. The bad kind of time travel where their workings and definitions of the laws governing alternate timelines in their universe are too abstract and I found difficult to follow.

Basically its good if you're looking for explosions and pandering to the original two movies but you shouldn't look into it too deep even though the movie tries (and fails) to bring the viewer deeper into.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
View Stats

Quote:
It had a lot of nods to the first two movies. It was decent enough but involved a lot of time travel. The bad kind of time travel where their workings and definitions of the laws governing alternate timelines in their universe are too abstract and I found difficult to follow.

Basically its good if you're looking for explosions and pandering to the original two movies but you shouldn't look into it too deep even though the movie tries (and fails) to bring the viewer deeper into.
I loved the freeze ray nod, how it was invented in 1968.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Huh, i may take a look at it then. Is it any better than the trainwreck that was Salvation?
Old 07-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
View Stats

I did not see Salvation.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
View Stats

Ah, just as well then.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 139 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zTn2WucoZQ
Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
Is it any better than the trainwreck that was Salvation?
I know this is old and off topic kinda but why was it so bad? I saw it and I liked it. Some parts were a bit unreal but this is series based on some pretty questionable science, like their version of time travel and AI.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
22 posts
Razielsghost is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Level up: 95%
Level up: 95%, 4 Points needed Level up: 95% Level up: 95%

Quote:
Great combination. With Terminator it's really hard to recreate the magic of the first two movies. Plus by the time the franchise pulls it's last bit of cash from Terminator enthusiasts Arnold will be in a wheelchair, and that's not very intimidating.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
View Stats

Is that you Raziel or is the nick just a coincidence? If its you and you lost access to your old account send me a pm.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
22 posts
Razielsghost is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Level up: 95%
Level up: 95%, 4 Points needed Level up: 95% Level up: 95%

Quote:
Is that you Raziel or is the nick just a coincidence? If its you and you lost access to your old account send me a pm.
Just a coincidence
Old 09-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I think he meant Razelux.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 09-10-2015 at 03:14 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."