Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Man of steel

You're right. It's not the place for a Batman discussion. However, I just point out that I just don't hate Batman movies, and no one here said that they did. I simply like that a realistic supervillain have a realistic purpose, even in a fantastic or sci fi context, which I hope is present in MOS.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Regular Poster
699 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,648, Level: 24 Points: 8,648, Level: 24 Points: 8,648, Level: 24
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 202 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

+1 (+1/-0)     

Well, technically, I said I hated them. lol

Comments

haha
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 06-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Saw this tonight it was really good. As for realism? Ha! Nolan Batman beats it by a mile.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Regular Poster
699 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

I think DB misses our point, Mikman.

I'm sure you thought the scene where Wayne gets his back fixed in TDKR was great, huh, DB? lol

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 06-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

I don't miss your point. I disagree with you.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

You didn't answer the question about how Bruce's back magically healed.

I understand and appreciate the actual realism of the films, but the point is that much ogre that trilogy makes no sense at all.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Why would I bother answering that when I already said I didn't like the movie?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Regular Poster
699 posts
View Stats

because you said that Nolan's Batman beats MoS in terms of realism. So I brought up one of the most unrealistic things about the trilogy.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

That scene and a couple other silly ones aside it beats superman by a mile. Mainly because Superman is pretty far from reality on all accounts. He's a nearly invincible alien who has to adjust to being a christ like figure, not very relateable or realistic. In fact the only thing I thought was realistic was how he didn't try to save every single person he put in danger, because you can't do that in real life.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

I agree that Superman is unrealistic in a scientific sense, a lot more so than Batman, but they can be equally realistic in a character sense. However, much of TDK trilogy isn't chaacteristically realistic than many superhero movies. I just want to know how characteristically realistic MOS is.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

so far superman has made over 200 million in the united states alone . the movie seems to be doing well .
Old 06-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

But will it launch the DCCU?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #38 (permalink)
I.X.E.
242 posts
T to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 11,794, Level: 28 Points: 11,794, Level: 28 Points: 11,794, Level: 28
Level up: 28%
Level up: 28%, 656 Points needed Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Send a message via AIM to T to the C Send a message via Yahoo to T to the C

Finally got to see the Man Of Steel movie and I enjoyed it! No Doubt!!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Is it better than the previous Superman films?

Did you dislike the controversial climax?