Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Louisiana H.S. student sent home for Colts jersey

Louisiana H.S. student sent home for Colts jersey | ProFootballTalk.com

A friend showed me this on AIM. Thought it was hilarious.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Re: Louisiana H.S. student sent home for Colts jersey

Stick it to the man.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

That's messed up.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

That's dumb. That's like a Packers fan walking into Soldier Field and rooting on the other team.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Absolutely ridiculous. That principal is basically inviting a lawsuit. Who does something like that in this age of lawsuits and politically correctness?
Besides the obvious legal issue it's just dumb. Yes the kid was purposely rebelling but he was right, if they are going to allow some students to wear team colors they should allow others. By making the distinction they gave people a reason to buck the system. No one would care if there was no sports related dress code BS.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

What a duche. That principal was out of line and I think the kid was right on supporting his team of choice if everyone was going to do the same.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

That is the most outrageous thing i have heard period.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats

That guy must not have read the Constitution carefully. I think he's asking for it.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Pretty sure it is a private school and they can legally expel him for not following the dress code even if they encouraged him and everyone else not to.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Kong is right, they require uniforms and allowing them to wear even Saints colors was a big step. If he was wearing something he was specifically told not to he could be kicked out.
Either way it was still pretty asinine to kick him out.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
View Stats

This is why private schools are dying out in the Untied States. They are gradually falling victim to the harshness of reality. Why send your kids to a private school that won't allow certain types of dress when instead you could go to a public school, with standards a bit looser and not have to worry about what this kid went through? Still, those parents who want their kids in private school could do better than that school.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

I don't think the principal is in the wrong here at all, really. I don't know all the details but I am willing to bet that this kid knew he would get in trouble for wearing his Colts jersey. But he chose to anyway. And good for him. But it's like if they relaxed the dress code for "jeans day" and some kid wore plaid slacks. That wasn't the agreement.

But regardless, at the end of the day it all boils down to not really being a big deal.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 02-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir
This is why private schools are dying out in the Untied States. They are gradually falling victim to the harshness of reality. Why send your kids to a private school that won't allow certain types of dress when instead you could go to a public school, with standards a bit looser and not have to worry about what this kid went through? Still, those parents who want their kids in private school could do better than that school.
Private schools aren't going anywhere. Attendence rates have been the same for the past ten year at about 5 million students per year, roughly 15% of the child population. Since 2003, there has been an increase in the number of private schools. And the "harsh reality" of a dress code? Seriously?!?! have fun wearing that Megadeath cutoff t-shirt when on that job interview.

Parent send kids to private schools for a varity of reasons, 1. many private schools specialize their curriculum for college course loads and to give them an edge in college admissions. 2. many schools focus of specific religious affilations, 3. athletics (here is a hint, lebron james didn't go to city public schools)

Finally, private schools don't have to follow the absolutely ridicious "no child left behind act" I consider this a gross advantage over public schools.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents View Post
have fun wearing that Megadeath cutoff t-shirt when on that job interview.
Who told you about my secret weapon at interviews?!
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
View Stats

That is true, too. But still, I'm pretty sure the principal is still asking for trouble. Before you ask, there's plenty of ways more than one thing can be true, despite my obvious lack of understanding in the private school department.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Private schools breed elitism, there I said it.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Meh, nothing wrong with trying to get ahead in the world. I don't really know much about private schools other than colleges though. I knew a lot of people that went to a Catholic high school growing up. They didn't seem to be any different and probably have no advantage when applying to colleges. So...take that as you will I suppose.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 02-09-2010, 03:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

You pretty much nailed what I was talking about-
Quote:
Meh, nothing wrong with trying to get ahead in the world.
I hate that people think like this. We should be fixing our public schools instead of trying to send our kids to private schools where they can look down their noses at the poor unfortunate public school kids. Not saying you think that way, just ranting. Also most people wouldn't admit to this kind of thinking but it's still a sad reality.

Besides that private/religious school kids often have trouble in normal social situations because they're sheltered from everyone else.

I'm sure people will disagree with me but this is my experience from moving a lot and going to many different public schools.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmt
Who told you about my secret weapon at interviews?!
actually, i thought this was your secret weapon, sans being black.

to follow up fenrir, i'm sure the parents will complain and so on, but in reality, there is nothing that they can do. we do not have a constitutional right to wear whatever we want in a private setting. if i wear sandals, shorts, and a tshirt into a nice restaurant or a club, i will be asked to leave. wearing a football jersey was outside the school's dress code (obviously a code that is strictly enforced at this school) so he was dismissed. i find it highly unlikely that the kid was ignorant about this code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebro
We should be fixing our public schools instead of trying to send our kids to private schools where they can look down their noses at the poor unfortunate public school kids.
kids going to private schools might actually indirectly help public schools. the parents of these children still have to pay taxes that fund public education, plus their kids are not in the system. the result is their kids do not cause an additional burden and strain on the system. public schools are getting the milk for free if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebro
i semi-agree with that statement. private schools in new england breed elitism against the public school kids in new england, however, growing up in new england and going to public schools, i think that growing up in the northeast breeds elitism towards the rest of the country. i would argue that well funded public schools in connecticut and eastern massachusetts are equal and greater than the quality of education from public and private schools throughout the nation.

i wonder if tenser went to a public or private school, that could be an easy litmus test on the elitism theory.

Last edited by jim5cents; 02-09-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
kids going to private schools might actually indirectly help public schools. the parents of these children still have to pay taxes that fund public education, plus their kids are not in the system. the result is their kids do not cause an additional burden and strain on the system. public schools are getting the milk for free if you will.
You bring up a good point but is that really worth fostering the "us vs them" mentality?

Quote:
i think that growing up in the northeast breeds elitism towards the rest of the country.
Well duh, we are better than the rest of the country.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

That principal has some serious issues, what part of freedom of speech doesn't he understand?

Remove Pootis
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

This should be moved to debate now that it sparked one. xD

Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond
what part of freedom of speech doesn't he understand?
the 1st amendment does not give you the right wear a football jersey. just has freedom of speech doesn't protect you from people thinking that you are a fool when you say something ignorant or dumb.

in this situtation, the school has a strict dress code that was relaxed to allow students to wear "black and gold" football jerseys. the kid wore the blue colts jersey to act like a rebel and thus violated the rules. 1st amendment does not protect him in that instance.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Oh, I had no idea.
Then, yes he is wrong.

Remove Pootis
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Quote:
Well, I also kinda agree and kinda don't... to start with I'll remind you I'm from Mexico... second, part of it depends on how you raise your kids. I've always studied at private schools, and yeah, some had elitism problems, but some of us just didn't care, and if I hadn't studied at a private school my English would suck.

Sure I'd be very happy if public school were just as good a private schools, and would see no need for private schools if public schools were good enough, but as long as they aren't, we need schools that can give kids a good education so that those kids might have a better chance to change the world.

Though I know most will become business men and bad politicians, but I'm a very positive person and would rather believe one or two will try to do good and succeed. Oh, and I know many kids that go to public schools will be successful people as well.