Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Lost

Has anyone else seen this TV show? It aired from like 2004 to 2010 or something like that. It was a pretty interesting/confusing show. I vaguely remember the first 4 seasons so I'm re watching it. Probably will take me a bit of time to get through it again.

For those who don't know the show, it's basically about a group of survivors on an island after a plane crash. But it turns out the island has strange powers that keep anyone from leaving. It later turns into this huge power struggle and fight of good and evil. It's a sad show too. The deaths of some characters are really sad and the ending was emotional.

It's on Netflix for anyone who wants to watch it.

For anyone who has seen it, what did you think?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Re: Lost

I think it's really darn great, despite some of the flaws, and anybody should watch it if not for the fact that there's something for everyone, then for Evangeline Lilly.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

+1 (+1/-0)     

They didn't die when the plane crashed. They died at separate points throughout the show, I.E when Shannon died, purgatory. Everything that happened on the Island was real, up until the last season when things got a bit metaphysical.

Comments

Thankyou.

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 06-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

( Click to show/hide )
From what I remember about the finale (I've seen most of the seasons, but my memory is kind of vague, but I do remember the finale), everything that happened on the island actually happened. The whole purgatory/afterlife thing was a result of the "flash sideways" or the alternate universe. You should look it up. People can explain it better than I can.

User blog:Metroid101/A good explanation to The End - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia
‘Lost’ Finale Explained: Answering the Unanswered Questions

Here's some different explanations. Seems like everything on the island did happen.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Pretty much everyone got a happy ending except Michael

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

'Cuz he felt like he didn't deserve to move on after all that bad stuff he did, so he was, in effect, stuck on the Island - which is what the Whispers are whenever the Others are nearby. Presumably, anyways, the Whispers are the spirits of people who've yet to move on and they're trying to warn the Flight 815 survivors that they're in danger.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Yep. I'm only on episode 6 but I totally forgot that Jin and Sun didn't speak English at first XD

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Also I thought the ending scene was perfect.

( Click to show/hide )
The way Jack walks into the forest after being stabbed right before he dies. It's pretty much the reverse of how the series begins. Go watch the beginning and end of Lost on Youtube. It's pretty cool lol. Even Vincent is there both times.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I watched the first season and lost interest. Same thing happened with The Walking Dead.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

The series got kind of weak during season 3.

My biggest problem is that they couldn't go on with Walt's intended story, which was apparently going to be pretty crucial. A lot of it fell apart after that, I think.

I loved the first two seasons because of the mystery, but by the last two seasons, I just felt like the show was trying very hard to tell me that the mysteries don't even matter.

At least the characters and acting were pretty solid consistently.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN View Post
The series got kind of weak during season 3.

My biggest problem is that they couldn't go on with Walt's intended story, which was apparently going to be pretty crucial. A lot of it fell apart after that, I think.

I loved the first two seasons because of the mystery, but by the last two seasons, I just felt like the show was trying very hard to tell me that the mysteries don't even matter.

At least the characters and acting were pretty solid consistently.
I agree for the most part. The characters were great throughout. Hurley's character was probably my favorite. Aside from Kate (*cough* whore *cough*), I liked pretty much most characters.

I think the actor for Walt hit puberty and changed a lot so the writers didn't really know how to explain that. Maybe that's a reason why they didn't focus on him.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

I think so too, ChrisP. If you look at his later appearances, he's a bit (re: a lot) different, voice and appearance.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
I agree for the most part. The characters were great throughout. Hurley's character was probably my favorite. Aside from Kate (*cough* whore *cough*), I liked pretty much most characters.
Kate has some problems, but she's not as bad as Jack. Aside from a few moments, he's pretty bland and has some questionable logic. Kate has qualities to differentiate her from the "20 something generic white lead" character, and certainly is further away from that shell of a role than Jack is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
I think the actor for Walt hit puberty and changed a lot so the writers didn't really know how to explain that. Maybe that's a reason why they didn't focus on him.
I'm almost positive this was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
I think so too, ChrisP. If you look at his later appearances, he's a bit (re: a lot) different, voice and appearance.
True story: in Season 2 and 3, though he almost never shows up, they cgi'd him to look younger.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

I've really tried to like Jack as much as possible lol. He does get pretty bad in the mid seasons but I think he redeems himself for the most part at the end of the show.

I think Hurley is like the only character that really doesn't change over the course of the show. I mean his morals and characteristics are pretty constant.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
5,581 posts
View Stats

Thread necromanced in honor of this pic.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 139 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I remember liking pretty much all of the characters. Actually hated Sawyer in a good way to start the series, but around the time

( Click to show/hide )
that he almost got killed in jail is the point I realized that he was one of my favourite characters.

Actually really ended up liking Jin & Charlie too. Both had things I didn't like about them to start though. How it's meant to be in all 3 cases.

I also liked Jack & Kate. They weren't perfect leads, but not a whole lot of flaws. Kind of a blank shell character for both at times I agree though.

I could go on, but pretty much everyone in the show was likable in their own ways. Very well cast.

The show did drag on a lot in the last season from what I recall, but eh. Ending was really great. Albeit confusing, but people should just google it before jumping to conclusions. Most people got it wrong, and hate it as a result. Ending was A+