Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
214 posts
DoctorRyanB1 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,304, Level: 11 Points: 1,304, Level: 11 Points: 1,304, Level: 11
Level up: 2%
Level up: 2%, 196 Points needed Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Lost: My attention span...........

Now this may be a silly topic for a forum, but I think it might be worthy to talk about. When I was younger I could stay focused on whatever project I worked for an almost infinite amount of time. Whether that was homework, gaming, movies, reading, etc. I really use to love to read and could spend hours absorbed into a good book. My gaming, you give me a engrossing rpg and you probably lost me for days.

Skip to the present. I can't seem to focus on ANYTHING! I will be doing a writing project and get bored and start playing a game. I'll get bored with the game and go start reading a book. The book makes me sleepy so I go clean my bathroom. I hate cleaning the bathroom, so I go watch a movie. I fall asleep watching the movie, wake up and now it's morning! I don't hardly ever finish what I start, it takes a tremendous amount of effort if I do.

What the hell has happened to me! When I'm on the internet it's like I have an information overload it seems like. This has become a very serious problem in my life. I don't think I have ADD because I mean I wasn't always like this. So is it just because of the age we live in of too much information or am I just going insane? Does anybody else have this problem? I could really use some advice because it has really affected the things I enjoy the most. What happened to my attention span??
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

For more on my journey visit: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Re: Lost: My attention span...........

I never believed in losing focus as you become older.

Its not to say it doesnt happen but I have the same time wasting focus or determination I had as a child.

Could be diet and sleep.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Maybe you just don't like what you're doing so you're finding ways to not do it.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

As you grow older your tastes in media change. Maybe it's time to step back and take a hard look at what you actually want in a game/movie/etc...

Old 06-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,899 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I know that as I got older I've seemed to lost my ability to retain information. When I was a kid I could have written a walkthrough after completing a game. Nowadays I struggle to remember what the main character's name was.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
I know that as I got older I've seemed to lost my ability to retain information. When I was a kid I could have written a walkthrough after completing a game. Nowadays I struggle to remember what the main character's name was.
I'm sorry what were you saying?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
I'm sorry what were you saying?
Did I say something?
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Did I say something?
I don't recall.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
214 posts
View Stats

Thanks for the support guys. Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy. Nothing works the way it's suppose to anymore.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 638 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Maybe you just don't like what you're doing so you're finding ways to not do it.
I agree with the above, maybe it's just more a loss of interest than actual concentration/attention span.
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

It's funny because the original comment reminds of of when I was smoking weed after college. Are you smoking weed Doc?

I had a big problem that seems similar, but for me it was more like, whatever I did seemed like I was doing the wrong thing. You just couldn't shake it, whatever you were doing was not what you were supposed to be doing right now.
kong on Bronies:

Old 06-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
View Stats

Are depressed? Anything stressful happening in your life. While I do agree that tastes can change. I never bought into a person changes out of nowhere.

A lot of people are brainwashed into changing or thinking certain ways but if you hold values and beliefs theybrarely change unless something catasthropic happens.

from what I'm reading every single hobby you like is putting you to sleep or getting you bored.

So I'm wondering were you doing things you thought were interesting and now that you gained new perspective or had something prominent happen that you are beginning to see your ways.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
214 posts
View Stats

I should pay you guys for therapy. Seriously, the last few years have been okay for the most part. That's I think partly because I finally got my own place and have been slowly starting to finally build myself up again. Before that I have been bouncing around from place to place. My wife is one of those free spirited, go where the wind takes you kind of woman. But just when I finally got us settled down somewhere, she's wanting us to move again because she wants to get a place with her mom. My place isn't big enough for 3 people so now I'm faced with doing this all over again. I guess the older I get, the more it bothers me.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Donor
Game Mod
577 posts
QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!QAOP Spaceman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 16,051, Level: 32 Points: 16,051, Level: 32 Points: 16,051, Level: 32
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 499 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRyanB1 View Post
Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy. Nothing works the way it's suppose to anymore.
I can feel that 1000%, good Doctor

Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Hi Doc, I'm a really grumpy old fart with a face like Tard, A.K.A. 'Grumpy Cat'

now, but wasn't always this way; I started out as a pessimistic smartass and worked my way up.

Experience has shown me that happiness is temporary at best: it's here today for you to enjoy, and you may be able to make it last a while but eventually it's going to run out, as all things do.

'This, too, shall pass.'

Maybe you'll get more someday, but even if you don't, you'll still have some good memories.

ON TOPIC:

Memory loss seems to be an individual thing with random factors thrown in; I once met an Electronics Professor about 80 years old who could recite from memory exactly how digital audio CD players {oversampling circuits} work - and draw you the schematics too.
Clearly his memory suffered little to no loss.

My mind is seemingly unable to recall important information and instead is full of the largest collection of entertainment - related nonsense in the Universe.
Cataloged and cross - referenced, no less.
So, my specialty is this collage of silliness I regularly post in this forum.

I like to do it is because of the same reasons you mentioned earlier = getting bored, then distracted with practical matters to the point of giving in and letting myself be washed away in the great Ocean of the Internet.
Maybe avoiding some things but then again who doesn't?

Try not to worry about getting old and things not working the way they used to - there is little we can do about it and it's just a part of life.
If it's important, write it down to aid your failing memory and carry it with you.
When you develop a bad limp, you use a cane to help you walk; there is no shame in helping yourself.

Good diet is very important, as well as avoiding chemical additives/ flavor enhancers like Monosodium Glutamate {causes strokes and heart attack}, Aspartame {poop of genetically modified e - coli bacteria fed toxic waste} and of course preservated/ processed/ fast foods {has helped me a great deal during this past year}, and excessive salt and sugar.

It goes without saying cigarettes and alcohol are no help to anyone, and should be forgotten.
None of us will get any younger, but hopefully you'll feel healthier with good diet and less worry?
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
214 posts
View Stats

Thanks for the advice Joe. Lol, love the pic.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 139 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I'm mostly with DB on this one speaking personally.

I can be as focused as ever if I'm really zeroed into what I'm doing. It's just not often.

Looking back, I could say I was more focused and had a better attention span, but I never really have had focus or an attention span, unless something captures my attention well enough, which is hard to do today. Guess I was more easily entertained back when I was, well pretty much any age before this.

Anyways, I'd just say you're less easily entertained now. Only having focus for something of interest. We're all that way to an extent, and that can change.

I've read like maybe 8 books my whole life that I chose to read, while starting dozens and dozens probably. Can't focus on books generally. I've beaten 4 RPG's I think (FF VII, V, Chrono Trigger, Knights of the Old Republic), while starting, again, dozens and dozens of em. I find myself thinking of other things in the midst of reading or watching a story-based tv show or movie and have to re-read, or rewind.

If I find that Book, that Tv Show, or that RPG though. One that really sucks me in, it's still an easy finish, and I'll marathon em.

All there is to it I'd say.

What I'd suggest is mainly what I've always done. Lots of open-ended or sandbox games. Really just let's you kind of do whatever and not have to focus that much. That, and just lots of easy pick it up and play games you don't have to necessarily continue right away. As far as Tv or books go. Figure out your interest, and zero in on books/shows like that.

Right now for me it's Knights of the Old Republic II (Game) & Lie to Me (Tv). Both have me really interested.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 06-17-2014 at 01:01 AM..
Old 06-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
2,690 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 32
Points: 15,555, Level: 32 Points: 15,555, Level: 32 Points: 15,555, Level: 32
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 995 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%

I think as you get older, your time becomes more and more valuable to you so you sort of whittle down the hobby tree. I don't think it's an attention span issue.

For myself, I used to watch all sorts of sporting events, baseball, basketball, football, hockey, especially if it was one of my favorite teams. Nowadays, I catch an inning or two of a game or keep it on if it is a player I've heard of, watch a quarter, if it's a good set of teams.

The same happened to me and gaming especially on this site, I would be on RU daily for hours on end. Playing games, talking with the crew here, good times always. It took a little resurgence (a.k.a. nudge from Tenser/Kugyince and a new laptop) to get me back on a somewhat regular basis after a bit of a hiatus.

Your responsibilities change as you grow older, school demands, work demands, family demands, it takes your time away to the point where when you do have a free second and want to get into a good book/game/show you're drained and just want to sleep, do NOT underestimate the power of a nap my friends, it does wonders.
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
The same happened to me and gaming especially on this site, I would be on RU daily for hours on end. Playing games, talking with the crew here, good times always.

Your responsibilities change as you grow older, school demands, work demands, family demands, it takes your time away to the point where when you do have a free second and want to get into a good book/game/show you're drained and just want to sleep, do NOT underestimate the power of a nap my friends, it does wonders.
This 100%. From 2009-2011 I was addicted on RU gaming nonstop, to the detriment of everything else in my life (college x_x). I'm pretty glad I managed to kick that habit.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,008 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I've had the same problem lately, that's why I keep buying more and more games without completing all to many of them, I get bored and I wanna play something new and fresh and it's great and I get almost obsessive with it, and then I lose interest or focus and have to start something new
Old 06-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,659 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,089, Level: 22 Points: 7,089, Level: 22 Points: 7,089, Level: 22
Level up: 80%, 161 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I feel the same, after years of eating terrible food and mental anguish I'm half the man I used to be in my intellectual potency. I can't think as quickly, my reaction times and gaming skills are shot (which RU taught me after sucking at all the games I used to be great at). There's a lot that could've made it happen to you, poor diet, eating a lot of sugary foods or grains, stuff melts your brain man. Also depression, lack of exercise, or exposure to a lot of these chemicals being pumped into our water and foods. I recently stopped smoking weed unless it is organic or at least passes a few checks to see if it seems unusually screwed with, have been eating all organic food, bought a water purifier that takes out almost everything that shouldn't be in there, and should probably start exercising. The organic label they slap on things isn't a failsafe, god knows what the government defines as 'organic' but its a helluva lot better than eating piles of preservatives and chemicals that are designed to damage your brain and body.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUchampion View Post
I feel the same, after years of eating terrible food and mental anguish I'm half the man I used to be in my intellectual potency. I can't think as quickly, my reaction times and gaming skills are shot (which RU taught me after sucking at all the games I used to be great at). There's a lot that could've made it happen to you, poor diet, eating a lot of sugary foods or grains, stuff melts your brain man. Also depression, lack of exercise, or exposure to a lot of these chemicals being pumped into our water and foods. I recently stopped smoking weed unless it is organic or at least passes a few checks to see if it seems unusually screwed with, have been eating all organic food, bought a water purifier that takes out almost everything that shouldn't be in there, and should probably start exercising. The organic label they slap on things isn't a failsafe, god knows what the government defines as 'organic' but its a helluva lot better than eating piles of preservatives and chemicals that are designed to damage your brain and body.
^
Zigacktly.
Quote:
.. designed to damage your brain and body.
Well, the 'elites' do call {the rest of} us 'the infestation'.

I would like to add staying away from prescription drugs, mainly because Pharma don't care about people at all, only profit.
'Prozac' is rat poison, as one example, and I recently heard about one called 'Zanax' {could be misspelled} which was recalled because it caused heart attacks .. this being after it was approved for sale in the first place - which raises serious questions about the testing processes as well as the scope and duration of those tests.

What is considered to be 'organic' is often a shaky thing; I read that they can have up to a certain percentage chemical fertilization and still be considered organic, which is wrong if you ask me.
Either it's organic or it isn't.

G.M.O. crops are another nightmare which create the potential for double - whammies like you get when you eat Dor eat o's : {and lots of other junk/ fast food}

G.M.O.'s tainted with Aspartame!

{but on that, in case you're not aware there have been shady dealings between the U.S.F.D.A. and Searle/ Monsanto for years - some call it a 'revolving door' between the two - particularly where getting Aspartame approved for consumption was concerned:
Nearly dead test animals reported as alive and well, hideous birth defects, seizures in test monkeys, complete sterility within 3 generations, etc.
In the end Searle had to put their own person in charge of the F.D.A. to get it approved.
( Click to show/hide )
}

Sadly, knowing about these things and 'voting with your dollars' is good only if you can afford it.
For example, organic vegetables and fruit can sometimes cost 4X what their chemically grown commercial counterparts do, and growing your own garden is not an option for all of us.

For meat eaters, free - range and alternative exotic meats are simply out of reach for poor people, who are forced to make less healthy choices like vaccinated/ hormonally accelerated 'battery' animals.

( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,659 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats

Yeah its totally cost prohibitive for alot of people. I like to buy food that is certifies organic by 3rd parties instead of only the usda, assuming that the usda is allowing shady things to be in organic foods. Prescription medicine is terrible for you whether they say you need it n or not. Anti depression pills make you suicidal, anti psychotics make you insane, opiates rot your brain and so do amphetamines. It's pretty sick. If can't afford the organic local foods there's always pretty cheap options to try to eat healthy, just stay away from any preservatives or fake sugars, or even real sugars for that matter, only eat meats from a healthy living conditions and get non gmo veggies. I think recently for foods to be considered kosher they have to be non gmo so that's an easy way to spot it.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

DM45:
Quote:
Prescription medicine is terrible for you whether they say you need it n or not.
Seems to me that 'they' say everyone needs to be on pills for something.
I've heard people say this too many times in recent years:

'Oh, you're not feeling good? Have you taken your meds?'
{as if the pills solve everything, and lack of them is the only problem a person could have.}

'You just have to find the right medication.'
{like there's no other way to live except being on some damn pills}

I've had terrible experiences with prescription pills myself and in one instance almost died as a direct cause of those pills.
So I kindly told the doctor I believed they were a good person with good intentions, but I will not take any more pills in the future.
On a side note, I read they load certain pills with aspartame - how good can that be for you?

I'm with you on most of your dietary suggestions {if you can afford to eat so well} except sugar; I think natural sugar is Ok, within strict limits and the more pure the better - it shouldn't be white!
U.S.F.D.A. will approve anything, it seems, and the real problem there is that once they approve something, it almost always becomes a 'rubber stamp' for the rest of the world.

Further complicating things is the deliberate confusion they {corporations, advertising} create around products.
As one example, here in Canada we have a 'Heart and Stroke Foundation', whose logo of approval is seen on many supermarket items - many of which contain aspartame, sometimes by its other marketed names.

The trouble comes when you try to explain to people how bad it is for them; they ask you why such things would be allowed for sale if they were unsafe, and further, why would the H&S Foundation put their logo of approval on it?

They just don't want to believe that certain people in this world would do such things, let alone conspire at such a level as to tell cardiac and stroke patients that poison is good for them.
It makes me sick.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 07-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,659 posts
View Stats

As it should. Sugar is definitely necessary, and I agree is healthies in its most natural form, but we are all overdosing on it. I'm aware of it and eat more than I should. A sandwich I had with two pieces of bread which has enough carbs for today and tomorrow. And a lot of it has to do with *how* your body takes in the sugar. But the bottom line is that sugar is neurotoxic.

It isn't any news that masses are idiots. They will believe what they're fed (no pun intended). Hell, I don't even trust the FDA organic labels. You do learn tricks to weed out the crap over time though...