Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 34
Points: 17,868, Level: 34 Points: 17,868, Level: 34 Points: 17,868, Level: 34
Level up: 20%
Level up: 20%, 882 Points needed Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kinetic Typography

I have a Kinetic Typography project I have to do for my broadcast graphics class and I have been searching around the net for some ideas of what I could do.

I have already done a song and I was thinking of doing a motivational speach after I saw this video

[ame=http://vimeo.com/2693546]Mad As Hell! Kinetic Typography on Vimeo[/ame]

does anyone have any ideas for a moving moticational speach that would be a possible idea

this clip is my best possiblity yet

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI]YouTube - 40 Inspirational Speeches in 2 Minutes[/ame]

but I just wanted to see if you guys could think of anything better and more motivating.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

this one is ok as well but a bit more on the conspericy side but I like Alex Jone's intensity.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btKIxyrMp2M]YouTube - Conspiracy Nut[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Re: Kinetic Typography

Joe?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

what? =D
Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

I meant JoeGrotowski. :P

With that last link.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

NSFW but pretty funny and epic. It's not supposed to be offensive.
YouTube - Martin Luther King speech
I doubt you can use that but maybe it will inspire you.

That 40 inspirational videos in 2mins thing is awesome.

Last edited by Dudebro; 05-02-2010 at 04:42 AM..
Old 05-02-2010, 04:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

@dudebro yeah that is a little bit to out there for school. I think it would make a good kinetic type BUT I would probably get my butt kicked for it =D
Old 05-02-2010, 05:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I know I just think it's a good clip.

This one might be better-
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6hC2TBb1QA]YouTube - Dwight's*Speech[/ame]
Old 05-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Anything from Al Pacino or George Carlin.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I don't know how this would go over in a class.
NSFW:
( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gh3_e3mDQ8&feature=related"]YouTube - Bill Cosby Famous Pound Cake Speech[/ame]

It gets really good near the end, I'm not posting it to be racist. It also makes a point for the English language.

Some stuffy by John Wayne is also nice.
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”
"IF EVERYTHING ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE, I SAY WHY THE HELL NOT."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Clint Eastwood.
( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMLGkj91Og"]YouTube - Dirty Harry - Do you feel lucky?[/ame]

this one would do nicely, not the stuff leading up to it, but the actual line.
“Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.”

“If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”

“A good man always knows his limitations”

“I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.”

“I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.”

Paul Newman:
“I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant.”

“Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.”

“Newman's second law: Just when things look darkest, they go black.”
From 'Cool Hand Luke'
"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."
first time:
Whole speech by warden:
( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu1LaU2b_Uk"]YouTube - failure to communicate[/ame]

second time:
Paul Newman's character Luke, same line:
( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3sP1nbvidc"]YouTube - COOL HAND LUKE - The Ending [Paul Newman][/ame]

Last edited by Demon-Mask; 05-02-2010 at 03:08 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

thanks for the suggestions guys it has helped

I will take a look at some of al pachino's stuff I saw sent of a woman and that was just to long and had a little bit to much swearing and I have seen some other things where he is like a football coach

but I really want to stay away from the sports speeches if I can.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I Just absolutly love the Network speach. It is just really relevent to me so even though its copying I am going to go with that...

I am probably going to back it with the music of requiem for a dream unless I find something better.

---------- Post added 05-03-2010 at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-02-2010 at 11:29 PM ----------

Well I desided to go with network and the theme song from crimson tide. it works really well together I think. I will probably post this to youtube when I am hopefully done with it by Saturday
Old 05-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl2e69fEFf4]YouTube - great dictator charlie chaplin[/ame]
^Similar to the network speech.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Guw3PE-i_4]YouTube - Monty Python - Martyrdom of St. Victor[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QbcFuPt8s]YouTube - Carnivale- Brother Justin's Bank Speech[/ame]
Old 05-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

nice speach in carnivale but the only thing I could focus on was the guy yelling hallelujah at second 0:33 when the guy said we have lost those glorious truths.

it is so out of place it makes it seem almost on purpose

---------- Post added 05-08-2010 at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-03-2010 at 06:17 AM ----------

Whew... finally done with my kenetic type project. only took 4 days of staying up till 3AM
I dont think it came out as well as the original but for my first real attempt not bad.
I found that I need to work on my camera skills a bit and orginization/planning =) but I will post it to my youtube page once its done rendering and then here for your viewing pleasure.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tus2EYRjYQA]YouTube - JHenderson_wk8_final_render_MadAsHell.mov[/ame]

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

I dont know why it is super choppy on the youtube version. it does not play like that for me =(

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

there were spelling issues and other things I wanted to fix video will be reposted
Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

It took me longer than I wanted to repost but here is the demo reel I made today which has the keynetic type at the end

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dShdx7P-bYc]YouTube - JHenderson_Demo_reel.mov[/ame]
Old 05-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

That's good work Mr. Henderson.
I like the sad face effect of the word depression.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

thanks DM
Old 06-01-2010, 02:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,886 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 56
Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56
Level up: 16%
Level up: 16%, 1,607 Points needed Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

Good job. Comic Sans is a little weird for the quote you're using, though.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
View Stats

good call ninja I did not see that because I am partial to the comic sans. but you are correct a different font could and probably would have been better over all.