Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
35 posts
Shnarf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 585, Level: 5 Points: 585, Level: 5 Points: 585, Level: 5
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 15 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Just a Couple Of Small Questions/Requests/Glitches.

Hello RU Team,

I would just like to compliment you on a totally awesome site! Many thanks.

I am over the moon to see Amiga games emerging onto RU. A couple of games I would like to see are Moonstone a Hard Days Knight & Dreamweb??

I also noticed Indian Jones Fate of Atlantis was not the game I remembered it to, I remember it being similar to Monkey Island?

I have noticed a couple of glitches, I thought maybe could be rectified:

Dizzy Magicland-Amiga-Can't pick items up??

Chrono Trigger-L & R & A required to open secret passage(After Ruins) but due doen't seem to work??

I Maybe wrong, but thought I'd let you guys Know.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Re: Just a Couple Of Small Questions/Requests/Glitches.

Welcome to RU, good to see some people excited about Amiga. I forget the details but I believe Kong is adding more Amiga games down the line so those two might be included. Moonstone sounds cool from the wikipedia page, I'll have to check it out if we get it.

Btw your username looks funny like that, maybe Kong can change it for you so it's not your email? Not sure if that's easy for him or if you want to but I thought I should bring it up since it's noticable.

Quote:
Dizzy Magicland
I don't see that name anywhere. I see Dizzy Dice and Dizzy prince of the Yolkfolk(dizzy the adventurer for NES too). Which one are you talking about?

I'm not sure about the Chrono Trigger thing. I know there was some problem with the game at one point but I can't remember if this was the same thing.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

See http://retrouprising.com/video-games...-status/t9170/ for a list of games that will be added later this summer. Both those Amiga games are on it.

Maybe someone else can answer your other questions.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
35 posts
View Stats

Superb! Thanks for finding those games, I'll be eagerly awaiting there arrival!

Moonstone is a top game, boxed & mint sells for $250. Excellent gameplay. Dreamweb was on a demo disk I played and never ever, even now been able to get a copy and contiunue. It had, as I remember a really good plot.... it's that classic "How'd you keep an idiot in suspense"....15yrs later...

Magicland Dizzy it's recently been added, it falls into the Amiga games work in progress bracket, most probably.

Blades of Steel Co-op only lets you play 1st 1/4....

Yeah, I noticed the email username, a couple of alternative usernames: Shnarf or Gizmo, either or if possible.

This site is Legendary!

Last edited by Shnarf; 05-23-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwwilson@gmail.com View Post
This site is Legendary!
Agreed. It's also epic and awesome but legendary covers it.

Btw what about this?
Quote:
Dizzy Magicland ... ..
I looked and didn't see that name, was that a typo?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
35 posts
View Stats

Magicland Dizzy...wrong way round I just type dizzy in search...
Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

That makes sense, I'll check it out.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Sorry Chris, I tried to change your user name in the admin panel but I don't have access to it. It'll have to wait for Kong.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
2,677 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 720 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

The Chrono Trigger item does work. I had to do it a few times for it to work though, just keep trying.

Welcome to the site.
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Welcome, Chris!

You probably answered your own question when you looked at the upcoming Amiga games list, but Fate of Atlantis the Graphic Adventure should be here sometime this summer. That is the version that plays like Monkey Island. FOA the Action Game is the one you can play now and it's nowhere near as good.

Enjoy your time here at RU.
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
35 posts
View Stats

Thanks "Team RU",

I will get back on the Chrono Trigger game, Thanks Sabby!

It's great to hear of all the exciting games that are in the pipeline, particularly the Amiga games my staple diet during my miss spent youth. Thanks Tanc24!

Can anyone suggest some "little known must play games?"

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Thanks for username update!!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Money Puzzle Exhanger.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Quote:
Under every one's avatar is a link to view their high scores. At the bottom of that page is a list of their favorite games.

You can also find some games here Game Series - Retro Uprising
Old 05-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnarf View Post
Depends on what type of games you like. Give us a few examples and we'll see what we can do.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Note: DB gives bad advice on games.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Note- don't listen to Tails.

Are you saying I have bad taste? Don't forget Kong likes a lot of the games I like. You saying he has bad advice too?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Well, in most of your games I have no interest in, and they look really boring. Besides Kong, who actually enjoys all the games you like?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Do you really wanna go tit for tat about this? You have weird taste in pretty much everything. People in glass houses and all that. Besides, I said WE will see what WE can do, not me. Don't ruin this topic or give the new guy the wrong idea.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Do you really wanna go tit for tat about this? You have weird taste in pretty much everything. People in glass houses and all that. Besides, I said WE will see what WE can do, not me. Don't ruin this topic or give the new guy the wrong idea.
I prefer unique taste, Dudebro.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

+2 (+2/-0)     

Whatever you say but you really don't need to insult my taste in games because you don't like it. Sorry there's no creepy anime chicks in the games I like. Like I said, not in this topic.

Comments

Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

The anime girls just make it funner for me. any game that is a good design I like. I constantly find good ones on RU.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
The anime girls just make it funner for me.
Too much information tyvm. Also funner is not a word. I'm done with this discussion here since it's stupid and off topic.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Thanks grammar nazi. :P

How is that too much info?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

I'll second that DB and Kong's tastes in games stink.

Then again, I love Deadly Towers and Airwolf.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
How is that too much info?
Think a little harder about it and you might get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'll second that DB and Kong's tastes in games stink.
Coming from the two of you it doesn't bother me at all. Consider the source.