Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
mario90s has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,180, Level: 13 Points: 2,180, Level: 13 Points: 2,180, Level: 13
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 270 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Interactive Video Ideas.

Here are my ideas for some interactive videos I'm planning to make.

Punch-Out: In this interactive version of the most beloved game of all time, you play Little Mac or a guy looking like Little Mac, fscing me in a boxing match!

When the fight starts at the right moments, there will sometimes be annotions with the word punch!!, if you click these annotions, you'll be transported to a link where a new video shows the guy punching me. If you miss the annotion then I'll get ready to punch you! But don't worry if you see the annotion with the word, block!!, click it, and then you'll go to a link where the guy blocks my punch. If I knock you down, an annotion saying get up!! will appear giving you the chance get back up.

If you get lucky, you'll go to a video where you knock me out, but there are some where I can get back up and fight! However if you get knocked down so times (this video will not have a get up annotion) there will be a vieo where you won't get up and you lose!

This one isn't the best, and if the technology was more advanced I would make it feel more like an actual Youtube interactive Punch-Out!! game.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

This is a bit better.

H.G.Wells The Time Machine: This one feels more like an interactive game, with decisions, choises, forks in the road, failures, and it has a goal.

The starting video adapts the actual novel almosat word to word, with a few changes, now the story is

"The Time Traveller (like the novel) tells his friends about how he said that time is simply a fourth dimension andh e's figured out how to time travel, but his friends seem to show little care for what he's discorvered so he shows them a mini model of his Time Machine and sets it on a table, the friends having no choice watch,

the Time Traveller then pulls back the mini lever on the console, the machine then gets all electrical and then zooms towards the table but then disappears, the friends are shocked at what happened and the Time Traveller said the machine had simply time travelled whethere it was the future or past he didn't know, but he was certain it time travelled.

But the friends still don't believe him as they now though it was quite a clever magic trick. They then began asking him how he made the Machine to look like it was reallly gone and how he made all of that electrical stuff happen. But the Time Traveller said "It wasn't a magic trick, it really happened." He then said to come meet him thurday, in the mean time, he said he'll test out his real time machine.

When Thursday arrives the Friends come in and wait for the Time Traveller to welcoem them in but they find the door, mysteriously open, everything looks normal but then they go downstairs they hear noises, when they enter a door, the Time Traveller with his clothes greatly torn up, runs to the friends.

Then he talks of the Time Machine actually working and he needs the friends to help him with something!"

This is where the game begins, I won't spoil anything so I'll just say this. The Time Machine can go to 2 different Time Zones, the Past and The Future. And each time zone has 11 Time periods each! For the Past theres: 1306, 1367, 1589, 1590, 1609, 1895, 1955, 1968, 1978, 1980, 2000. For the Future theres: 2014, 2020, 2045, 2060, 3000, 3045, 3078, 3099, 4000, 5000, A.D 802,701 (This year is the one that follows the novel more).

These years have their own specific adventure and is full of dead ends, failures, fork in the roads and othewr stuff. But the same goal is in tact with each of these adventures. Some adventures have parts where the Time Machine goes into or back in Time to a period not selectable.

"Travel to a specific time period, complete the adventure set in that time period, and have at least 2 of the heroes back at their time alive."

This one will probably take a long to complete but it'll be worth it.

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Interactive Video Ideas.

If I were to play as Little Mac, then the opponent would be ________.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
If I were to play as Little Mac, then the opponent would be ________.
Bear Hugger or King Hippo or maybe both. (I'll tell you when I've decided)
Old 05-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Don't go with King Hippo, he's my mascot. Seriously, if I were bald, and didn't wear a shirt, I would look a lot like him.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

Another Idea,

Survival of the Fastest:

This one has you pick 1 of the 3 fastest champions in an Olympic Race. Along the race, each racer will come upon many obstacles the other Racers purposely put to make you lose. The reason you'll find these traps is because, there'll be many forks in the road. The mission here is to have their racer win either 1st or 2nd place.

If they tie, or win 3rd place, they lose.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Don't go with King Hippo, he's my mascot. Seriously, if I were bald, and didn't wear a shirt, I would look a lot like him.
Ok. Bear Hugger it is. Or maybe even Bald Bull. What opponets do you think I should put in?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Mr. Sandman.

Survival of the Fastest seems good.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Mr. Sandman.

Survival of the Fastest seems good.
You really think Surival of the Fastest seems good? I thought you would like The Time Machine.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

That is also a good idea, I figured you'd assume I'd like it, so I decided it would be a waste of something-or-other to state it.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

Ah, anyway,

Survival: This is a hilarious one. You and your friends are trapped in your house trying to hunt the most dangerous predator who ever lived! YOUR BABYSITTER!!!

Now its a game of life and death as soon as your parents leave, now using the annotions given, you have to successfuly release a bundle of traps, walk down dangerous paths and avoid being caught by the baby sitter from putting you to bed! And that's the goal.

Heres another one,

Hunter in the jungle: This one has you pick to either be the Hunter or the Hunted. The Hunted is the badguy while the Hunted is the goodguy. They both have different goals.

For the Hunter: Go, find and kill all of the prey in your Jungle!

For the Hunted: Get out of the Jungle as fast as you can even if it means fighting animals, jumping over pits, and maybe even putting yourself before your friends!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario90s View Post
Ah, anyway,

Survival: This is a hilarious one. You and your friends are trapped in your house trying to hunt the most dangerous predator who ever lived! YOUR BABYSITTER!!!

Now its a game of life and death as soon as your parents leave, now using the annotions given, you have to successfuly release a bundle of traps, walk down dangerous paths and avoid being caught by the baby sitter from putting you to bed! And that's the goal.
Sort of reminds me of an old game on the Sega Saturn, I believe, the game is a bit more serious.

Quote:
Heres another one,

Hunter in the jungle: This one has you pick to either be the Hunter or the Hunted. The Hunted is the badguy while the Hunted is the goodguy. They both have different goals.

For the Hunter: Go, find and kill all of the prey in your Jungle!

For the Hunted: Get out of the Jungle as fast as you can even if it means fighting animals, jumping over pits, and maybe even putting yourself before your friends!
Cool idea, it actually reminds me of a short story called "The Most Dangerous Game" where some rich hunter somehow causes shipwrecks near his island, and when the survivors wash ashore, he takes them in.
After a while he takes them hunting, they are given a knife, and the hunter gives them a head start, they have to survive, and to do so, they have to get off the island, kill the hunter, or survive through some insanely long time period.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

I've heard of the Most Dangerous Game but I never knew this game was like it.

Another idea! (I'm just throwing these out of my head though you might've noticed.)

Jason Ace in the Hauntings of Saint Jackon's Hospital:

This game is more like a Guess and Luck game, where your a paranormal investigator trying to prove that Saint Jackson's Hospital is NOT haunted! But then later in the hospital, he realizes that the hospital is haunted and the roles switched, Jason was originally the hunter hunting the ghosts, but now, the ghosts are the hunters hunting for Jason! The goal switched from

"proving the hauntings were nonexistent to excaping the hospital before you become part of the legend!"

You see there are no clues, no hints, no suggestions, you jst pick a path or decision and hope its the right one.

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-04-2010 at 08:21 PM ----------

More ideas!

Zombie Alert: In this one you are vieweing the game in a first person perspective and lots of people talk to the screen, so this is all implying that your actually in the game. So basically you and 6 other soldiers are the in year 2020 in a building that's invested with Zombies! You go to many rooms and down many stairways hoping to find something you can use or a hostage. You also have the chances of running away or fighting Zombies.

Your goal: Find and save as many hostages as possible, and get out of the building!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Sounds like an interesting idea.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Interesting. Let's hear more.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Evil Demon-Mask?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

How would that play out, Tails?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

The Stunter!: In this game your a stuntman preforming a really dangerous stunt! Your job is to pick 1 of 23 bone crushing stunts! Each one having a sometimes very disturbing but very funny turnout. (All turnouts are funny!)

Hide and Seek!: You are two friends who are perusmely wanted by a murderer you ratted on! Now you and your friend are in an endless cave with the same murderer! You hide in certain parts of the cave hoping the murderer doesn't find you!

Tagline: This is one Hide and Seek game, where you really don't want ot be found!

Your goal: Get at least one of the friends of the cave alive!

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Also I forgot to tell you, I made some secret references or nods or references to old literature, games, or basically anything.

What reference, nod, or add in is in Survival?

(Don't even bother answering WinneBagel!)

And what reference, nod or add in is in Hide and Seek?

And can you find the secret nod, reference, add in, in Hunter in the Jungle?

Last edited by mario90s; 05-06-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Bet is something in LOTR since that's all you and Bagel talk about. ;D

Old 05-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Bet is something in LOTR since that's all you and Bagel talk about. ;D
Ahh Tails, That stings! I'm sure we talk about things other things too in the land of Mordor where the shadow lies.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

I've got one for you.
What would you do for a Klondike bar?:
You are offered a Klondike bar and are asked what you would do for it, you are given a few options, and each one leads to either a Klondike bar, death, or some more options.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I've got one for you.
What would you do for a Klondike bar?:
You are offered a Klondike bar and are asked what you would do for it, you are given a few options, and each one leads to either a Klondike bar, death, or some more options.
Ok. But these are ideas, I'm making for my videos. So that's why I'm the one who's normally making them.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Okay, that does make sense.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
168 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Okay, that does make sense.
Well, actually if you ahve an idea tell me. In fact, at the beginning of each video if the video idea is made by someone else, one credit will say Idea Created By ___
like that.

---------- Post added 05-11-2010 at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-07-2010 at 08:36 PM ----------

New Idea:

What to use? What to use? What to use?:

You are a Torturer trying to decide which weapon or decision to use on your victim! What do you pick?!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

A Vacuum!