Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Inception?

Has anyone here seen Inception. I saw it today and thought it was super awesome. The visuals were great, the story was cool, everybody in it was really good...just a great piece of film all around.

Discuss?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Re: Inception?

I saw and it and I agree it was super awesome. I honestly didn't expect it to be good but I was entertained all the way through.

It seems to be very popular with pretty much everyone. The only bad reviews I heard were all basically saying they didn't get it or that it just didn't make sense. On another site some guy said Inception was horrible but then in another topic he glowingly praised Toy Story 3. I'm not saying Toy Story 3 is bad or anything but it's not exactly bringing anything new to the table. At least Inception is different and makes you think.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Toy Story 3 is awesome DB. >: (

Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I want to see Inception, but it will be at least until it is on DVD, I can't afford to go see a movie in a theater, spending $9 to see a movie once is pretty over priced, plus once you factor in something to drink and some popcorn or whatever it can easily surpass the price of a DVD, which you can watch an almost endless number of times.

This does look like a really interesting movie, from the previews I've seen.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

Quote:
The only bad reviews I heard were all basically saying they didn't get it or that it just didn't make sense.
Yeah, one of my good friends saw it and said he didn't like it because it was predictable and the ending was lame. And then after I saw it it was very apparent to me that he got the ending completely wrong. Haha.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt fighting dudes in zero gravity is a win in my book.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

If I have it right this was directed by the same guy who did the Dark Knight?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Yes, and written. Christopher Nolan. He is also famous for Momento and The Prestige.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
Toy Story 3 is awesome DB. >: (
Did I say it isn't? Maybe you need to reread my post-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I'm not saying Toy Story 3 is bad or anything but it's not exactly bringing anything new to the table. At least Inception is different and makes you think.
My point is this guy was bashing Inception and claiming it's pretty much the worst movie he's ever seen because it isn't special or bring anything new to the table. Then he goes on to heap praises on TS3. I didn't say TS3 is bad but it's not anything special. It's the third movie in a series and it's predictable regardless of how good it is. Inception is different and thought provoking. That's why I mocked the guy, makes sense right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Joseph Gordon-Levitt fighting dudes in zero gravity is a win in my book.
Yeah he was awesome in this movie. I've always liked him but I think he outdid himself this time. It certainly redeems being in GI Joe(although he was good in that too).
Old 07-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

I thought GI Joe was awesome in that "What in the hell am I watching I don't even know" kind of way. Haha.

I thought everyone in Inception did an exceptional job, really great performances by everyone.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Yeah I saw GI Joe in the theater and I wasn't too disappointed. I knew it wasn't gonna be some awesome work of art. I really did like Cobra Commander and Destro but most of the Joes were campy beyond my level of tolerance for it.
Btw speaking of campy movies did you see A Team? I loved it but I heard a lot of negativity.

Yeah I didn't have a problem with anyone in the movie, all did awesome. My only beef is with how some people seem to be on the same level as The Punisher when it comes to taking on entire teams of military or highly trained mercs. Besides that, flawless. Inception that is, not A Team of GI Joe.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

Going to see it tonight, woot. Who is the chick? I quickly saw a preview and I couldn't tell if it was Jennifer Connelly (drool) or Ellen Page.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
Did I say it isn't? Maybe you need to reread my post-

My point is this guy was bashing Inception and claiming it's pretty much the worst movie he's ever seen because it isn't special or bring anything new to the table. Then he goes on to heap praises on TS3. I didn't say TS3 is bad but it's not anything special. It's the third movie in a series and it's predictable regardless of how good it is. Inception is different and thought provoking. That's why I mocked the guy, makes sense right?
TS3 is good, it is special it fills the last piece of something from my childhood. Did you predict..

( Click to show/hide )
That Buzz would be reset and be evil? Then reset again and start speaking spanish? Very funny part.

I haven't seen inception, is it supposed to be a scary movie?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

@Tails- You're talking about nostalgia and completing a series you've liked since you were a kid, not the movie itself. I call it predictable because it is, it's a family movie that isn't pushing any boundries or making you think. That doesn't mean it's a bad movie though.

( Click to show/hide )
Oh an established main character turns evil? Wow that's never happened before to spice up a sequel.

No Inception is not scary(unless you're weird). It's a good movie and you probably won't see one like it again. Go see it.

@Jim- It's Ellen Page. I share your feelings about Connelly but Page is just as good imo.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Yeah, I wouldn't kick Ellen Page out of my limbo unowutimsayin?!?!?!
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

So I saw this movie... And it was cool.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

I need to watch this. I like Memento, but I didn't like Dark Knight very much, but this looks very good.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
I need to watch this. I like Memento, but I didn't like Dark Knight very much, but this looks very good.
Don't watch it after midnight. I had to watch it a second time because I didn't get it the first.

Seriously. Don't do it.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
103 posts
Billy Hoyle is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,210, Level: 16 Points: 3,210, Level: 16 Points: 3,210, Level: 16
Level up: 40%
Level up: 40%, 240 Points needed Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

I didn't have a problem understanding Inception. The premise reminded me of The Matrix. I would have rather seen Toy Story 3. That is all.
[size=48pt]G.O.M.[/size]
Old 08-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

I saw this movie for a second time the other day. I thought it was even better the second time around. I love it, and I already want to watch it again.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Still need to see it myself, looks awesome.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

I saw it a while ago, didn't see this thread though, I thought it was an excellently done movie, I thought the whole premise of how they worked with the dreams, and it took an entire team to make everything work was cool. About the whole "on the same level as the Punisher" thing, they can dream can't they . I know it was for plot, but I think they could've done better on the whole "dead wife" part of the conflict, but that was my only complaint

DM, seriously go to a matinee or discount night at the movies, this is worth seeing on the big screen!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Where I live, there is a theater that picks up movies that are already out on DVD, and plays them on the big screen. $2.50 or $3.00 {I can't remember which} for all shows, all times. I am planning on doing that when they pick up Inception.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

As much as it does look awesome, i still won't watch it unless forced to
Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Why would you say that SFF? It's definitely worth the ticket price imo.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

It's just that i've never liked Leonardo DiCaprio