Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,943 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,786, Level: 29 Points: 12,786, Level: 29 Points: 12,786, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 664 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

An Idea i had

This idea is probably not going to make it to the light of day, but i thought i'd give it a shot. I was considering starting up a different sort of fantasy league, unlike ESPN and Yahoo's. This one would be more interactive so to speak, as i would be the commissioner of the league. I was thinking of gathering some regulars to run a Tecmo Super Bowl fantasy league. Now this would curtail drafting players to a team of theirs, and they would be the owners of said teams. The only thing is is that i would let the AI go at it, watching each game and writing a recap of them, with one game being posted to Youtube as the Game of the Week. On the Tecmo site i frequent there's something similar being done to the NES version, which is why i am planning on doing the Genesis version.

1. There are 28 teams in the NFL, meaning i will focus on the years that tecmo was on the version (93-96) if it's a big success, i might consider expanding to different years.

2. Since it is currently impossible to alter logos, Cleveland and Houston will be renamed for the seasons that the teams were inactive, meaning Cleveland= Baltimore, Houston= Tennessee

3. there will be trading allowed between teams, but only for the first 7 weeks of the season (There are 18 in TSB Genesis, except for 3 year mode.)

4. As commissioner, i will not own/operate a team, unlike the MLB's Bud Selig, who had an interest in the Milwaukee Brewers.

5. Also, i will not tolerate any drama if this idea does come to fruition.

6. As for the players, certain players will be retired the year their retirement actually was, meaning Joe Montana (QB Chiefs) will be two years and out (1993, 1994)

7. At the end of the season, depending on the players' performances, they may either get a boost or lose some points. Also, the next year's rookies will be drafted, as well.

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to pm me.

Hope this does get off the ground!
StarfoxFan2009
(Commissioner)
Old 02-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Re: An Idea i had

It's a neat idea, but don't expect a huge fan base, they don't exist.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Bumping. Any interest?

I could set up a netplay for it but eventually there would be a problem of two people having a bad connection due to geographical distance and huge lag. Lag wouldn't be a problem though if we played in Coach Mode. You control drafting and play picking etc but AI controls the players.

Also there are rom hacks updated to the 2015 team roster in case that generates more interest.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I like the idea but I'm not into football or sports really so I'm not gonna be part of it.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

I like this idea but as I told fox when he told me his idea I don't wish to get involved during contests.