Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 825 USD (33%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I wish more people was like this

I wish more people was like this guy I think it would make America a happier and healthier country. Now I do not wish to start a big debate over do you think gays should have the right to marry or not for me as long as I get to stay with my boyfriend (when I find him) and were happy and in love thats all that matters to me married or not I don't care.

Why Sean Avery?s endorsement of gay marriage is important - Puck Daddy - NHLBlog - Yahoo! Sports
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Re: I wish more people was like this

It is my understanding that Avery is really big into the fashion industry as well, so I'm sure he has plenty of contacts in the GBLT community.

He also has a history of anger issues and is generally an unpopular player among other players in the league. I think he has been forced to attend anger management courses in the past.

NSFW
( Click to show/hide )
At one point, Avery was dating actress Elisha Cuthbert. Hawt.

Referred to her as his "sloppy seconds" in an interview once. If we could all be that lucky.

Last edited by jim5cents; 05-09-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats

Yeah I read about his anger issues in the article but that not the point of the article so I sorta brushed it aside maybe he's bipolar who knows. As for his "girlfriend" I bet a lot of straight men were pretty angry with him when they were dating
Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 94,843, Level: 62 Points: 94,843, Level: 62 Points: 94,843, Level: 62
Level up: 22%
Level up: 22%, 15,907 Points needed Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 79%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%

It doesn't seem like he's bi polar it seems like he's a jerk. I never heard of him so I went to wiki and the way it describes him he's unpopular because of his personality. It's good that he supports LGBT rights but he's not the best spokesperson. How about Charlize Theron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlize Theron
"I don't want to get married because right now the institution of marriage feels very one-sided, and I want to live in a country where we all have equal rights," Theron said.
"I think it would be exactly the same if we were married, but for me to go through that kind of ceremony, because I have so many friends who are gays and lesbians who would so badly want to get married, that I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself."

Best gif ever.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

You know I never even heard of her before now and upon reading what wiki says about her sounds like she has anger issues of her own as well. But I'm glad she's part of the equal rights for all moment.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Sounds to me like she just gets mad about things that bother her, like gays not being treated equally. Either it's not a competition but I figured you'd prefer a better example since that hockey guy is kind of a douche.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

Thanks Dudebro for includeing her.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

It's all good I just picked her name because she's famous, pretty and had a good quote. There's actually lots and lots of other examples to pick from.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

I bet. A lot of people now days are coming out demanding equal right for all I just wish that other people would start getting the message and stop all the hate and negativity that is plaguing our great world
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

I bet things will change over the next 50 years or so. The older generations will die out and their kids will be more open minded, for the most part. There is still resistance to minority/womens rights and those are mostly seen as no brainers by society. Hate has a funny way of sticking around.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

I hope things change for the better in 50 years but with people teaching and showing their children hate like this make me wonder if their kids would end being any different then them.

( Click to show/hide )

All that hate causes reactions like this

( Click to show/hide )

And in the end the father of the dead soilders had to pay the protesters

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by alohaex; 05-11-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

I totally agree with that reaction. He's pissed off that the supreme court ruled in favor of free (hate)speech even though it infringes on the rights of the grieving families. Like the father in that video said, it's just a matter of time before someone snaps and blood starts flowing. The westboro baptist church is inciting violence, it just hasn't happened yet. We should send some marines to take out those terrorists.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

Did you see the result in the last video Dudebro
Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

No I didn't and that is so wrong it's sickening. One of these days that fake church is gonna push too far and I will have no sympathy for what happens to them. If nothing is done about them soon I just hope Phelps dies a painful death soon and the church falls apart. I'd love to hear about them begging on the streets or something.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

That is a church of fools and people who repealed the verdict are even bigger fools
Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

Nah can't agree with that. I wouldn't call the judges even bigger fools than westboro baptist morons. At least the judges had all the best intentions. WBC is just about hate and getting attention.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
2,562 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,393, Level: 26 Points: 10,393, Level: 26 Points: 10,393, Level: 26
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 257 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 89%
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Like the jerk in Florida, all they ever do is something to try and get their 15 minutes of fame in...
[LEFT]
[CENTER]Tecmo Super Bowl- Wrecking havoc since 1989

Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaex View Post
That is a church of fools and people who repealed the verdict are even bigger fools
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Nah can't agree with that. I wouldn't call the judges even bigger fools than westboro baptist morons. At least the judges had all the best intentions. WBC is just about hate and getting attention.
I admit my emotions kinda got away from me in my last post bit that just how I felt at the time. Your right though Dudebro I should not be mad at the judges they were just doing their job but that does not mean I have to be happy about it

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
Like the jerk in Florida, all they ever do is something to try and get their 15 minutes of fame in...
There is another one of these crazys in Florida Starfox?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,373 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 39
Points: 24,739, Level: 39 Points: 24,739, Level: 39 Points: 24,739, Level: 39
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 2,211 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

AX:
Quote:
There is another one of these crazys in Florida Starfox?
I'm pretty sure they're found everywhere ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.
{quoting RUSH lyrics}
Watch out - - -> < - - - they bite!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

The one in Florida is the moron who had the mock trial for the Koran and indirectly caused mobs to swarm a UN building and kill people who weren't even from the US. It's pretty fail all around.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
View Stats

Oh is he the guy who burned the koran
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

Yeah he's the simpleton who held a mock trial and execution for a book. A book that he knew meant a lot to lots of people, some of which are very crazy.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,373 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 39
Points: 24,739, Level: 39 Points: 24,739, Level: 39 Points: 24,739, Level: 39
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 2,211 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Yeah he's the simpleton who held a mock trial and execution for a book. A book that he knew meant a lot to lots of people, some of which are very crazy.
It's fanaticism that's the real problem.
You could get similar results from Slayer fans if you said their music sucks, or from these 'Green' movement people if you say Global Warming is a myth, for example.

The point is that when a person gets an idea in their head that their {beliefs'} way of thinking is the best {or worse - that this thinking is demanded by their Deity or else go to Hell, compounded further if they hear this from a preacher who is spouting hate. Add in the 'Jesus Gene', and it's a party in a can} then they tend to get very exited.

From what I've heard, Muslims are subjected to some pretty extreme propaganda coming {mostly} from certain Middle Eastern TV programs, many of which preach openly that 'Islam will rule the World', that all non - Muslims are 'like cattle' that you can 'just take, and kill' because they do not follow the word of the Koran.
Then they go on to tell these people that 'Jews use Arab blood to make Koffta balls', etc, etc.
Hate preaching all around.

The point is that there is some really strong propaganda out there, and let's face it, political Islam is aggressive, does not take no for an answer, and seems ever ready to take up a position at the slightest hint of an opportunity to be offended and back it up with lots of threats and actual violence to terrorize the rest of us into submission.
So it should come as no surprise that certain people like this character who performed this mock trial give this fanatical brand of Islam the opportunity to 'put the smack down' to assert its position as the dominant force in modern politics.

Please pay attention to the fact that I am making a distinction between the average Muslim who assimilates into 'Western' society like the rest of us, and that seemingly anonymous force that pops up whenever an event like this occurs.
What I am saying is that I do not believe each and every Muslim is part of some conspiracy to take over the World through Political Correctness and its trappings, but there does seem to be someone at least using the name of Islam if not Agent Provocateurs as instruments to do just that.

There is a parallel to this situation in the 'Anarchists' all dressed in black who show up at peaceful demonstrations to start fights in the crowd; most of the time they turn out to be Police officers sent in to disrupt the demonstration.
{creating the necessary pretext to send in the riot squad with their shields and clubs, sound cannons and pepper spray}

Like the Muslims, not all of the demonstrators show up and start fights as those guys in black do but everyone gets painted with the same brush.
But that guy who burnt the Koran is one of the hate preachers so far as I'm concerned, he knew that it would be inflammatory, and I wonder if he isn't some Agent Provocateur himself.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,982 posts
View Stats

Sadly the main problem is the US vs THEM mentality all humans share on some level. Doesn't matter if it's religion, homosexuality, politics. Some people will find a reason to be crazy. That being said I don't agree with lumping slayer fans in with this. Jokes aside I don't think it's fair to say that any sane music fanatics would kill or go to war over it. Anyone that would is almost definitely insane. People who are fanatical about religion, homosexuality, politics and other controversial issues are a different breed. Most can still function somewhat normally and would usually not be labeled insane.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,081 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Im a huge Slayer fan there one of my favorite bands and I never hurt anyone over it well maybe at a concert in a mosh pit or something but either way thats a horible referance I'm tempted to -1 you for grouping me in there like that but I don't believe in -1's

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

I might kill over gwar though.