Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 665 USD (27%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
169 posts
TheGuardian play's well with othersTheGuardian play's well with othersTheGuardian play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,592, Level: 12 Points: 1,592, Level: 12 Points: 1,592, Level: 12
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 408 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

+1 (+1/-0)     
Hurricane Irene

All you RUers in the path of this storm (including myself), stay safe and be careful. Shaping up to be a nasty one.

Comments

Thanks for sharing this important information. Take care you guys!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
431 posts
yoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of averageyoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,088, Level: 21 Points: 6,088, Level: 21 Points: 6,088, Level: 21
Level up: 49%
Level up: 49%, 362 Points needed Level up: 49% Level up: 49%

Re: Hurricane Irene

I'm not in its path, but I've been watching it on the weather channel, and it looks pretty crazy. Hope people are safe. One of the guys covering the storm somewhere, (NC?) there are a lot of people on the road. Why in the world (In pretty much any category hurricane) would you think that that is a good idea? There's debris everywhere, and the hurricane is not done yet. You can get hit very easily.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
169 posts
TheGuardian play's well with othersTheGuardian play's well with othersTheGuardian play's well with others
View Stats

That's normal. There's always a bunch of crazies that either leave too late or just wanna be out in it. Governor Christie of New Jersey was freaking out over people that were still on the beach yesterday up there.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,048 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 100,873, Level: 62 Points: 100,873, Level: 62 Points: 100,873, Level: 62
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 9,877 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I'm in Western NC. I'm supposed to get strong winds. It is more windy than normal right now. But not too extreme.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,519 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 89,989, Level: 61 Points: 89,989, Level: 61 Points: 89,989, Level: 61
Level up: 98%
Level up: 98%, 561 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

It just started to pour here, incoming. It better not knock out power after I just started playing MineCraft.

Best gif ever.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
431 posts
yoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of averageyoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats

We have dealt with storms that have produced cat. 1 hurricane force winds (although not very often) so I know that its capable of doing some damage. From my point of view its just silly to be out.
Quote:
I'd like to shove those cookies into the mouths of the weather channel field reporters to shut them up. Did they get degrees in meteorology/journalism or drama/acting. They are such tools. Who's going to listen to them to stay inside when these morons are out in 30mph wind acting like it's 100mph
I found this quote on a post from TWC on facebook, I thought it was stupid. Im sure the winds are stronger than that, and something makes me think he's never been in a hurricane before, so he doesnt really know how serious it really is.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 39
Points: 26,480, Level: 39 Points: 26,480, Level: 39 Points: 26,480, Level: 39
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 470 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Tonight and tomorrow is when it really starts for me. I am on Long Island and the hurricane is supposed to go right between the area between LI and New York. I'm about middle of LI, but still going to get winds of 75-90 MPH.

Good luck to everyone in the storm. Be safe!

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

yeah tonight and tomrrow and the day after . but by the looks of things its going to be a tropical storm by the time it hits mass. and we seen north easters alot more crazyer then this. the winds will only be about 80 miles a hour or less .its the rain thats going to make the diffrence cuzz some homes may get flooded
Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I'm quite far from there, I'm way far from the east coast, and not exactly right by the west coast. Never been close to any ocean at all.
Regardless, every second my dad is not at work or sleeping, he is watching the coverage. He gets into hardcore hurricane hunter mode during hurricane season.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)
Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 95,325, Level: 62 Points: 95,325, Level: 62 Points: 95,325, Level: 62
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 15,425 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%

I still want to witness a hurricane in my life. I witnessed Ike but.. it was inland.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
169 posts
View Stats

Inb4 I don't pay attention to my own advice lol. So friends and I had the brilliant idea to go to the beach and swim in the crazy surf. I paid for it the most, got push up onto some rocks and scraped my leg up pretty good. Was fun tho. we'll see if it gets any worse but it's scheduled to. lost power earlier this morning.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,011 posts
Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Cam3ron36 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 40
Points: 27,935, Level: 40 Points: 27,935, Level: 40 Points: 27,935, Level: 40
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 315 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Well, I hope everyone is alright. I can think of one person I know that was hit so far. Lost all power apparently and he posted on his laptop battery to let us know.

There was worry that Vancouver would be hit a while back as a continuation of the Japan Tsunami or whatever you want to call it. I'm further inland than Vancouver, but it was still a worry.

Once again, I hope everyone is okay though. Hurricanes are scary.

Last edited by Cam3ron36; 08-28-2011 at 02:22 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Haven't been on because of power outage. Could be out for 2-6 days! Using my moms phone to let you guys know I'm alright lol. I'll be on as soon as I get my power back!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
10,133 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 52,507, Level: 55 Points: 52,507, Level: 55 Points: 52,507, Level: 55
Level up: 98%, 43 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Haven't been on because of power outage. Could be out for 2-6 days!
Nutty, 6 days is a long time.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
431 posts
View Stats

It kind sucks for the people that get stuck with no power for so long. If you have stuff in your fridge, your most likely to have to throw out a lot of food, and if its warm outside, like at the peak of summer or something, your AC's or fans wont work. Im glad I live where I do, no earthquakes, hurricanes. We get tornadoes, even those are somewhat rare. (at least in my city)
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,519 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 89,989, Level: 61 Points: 89,989, Level: 61 Points: 89,989, Level: 61
Level up: 98%, 561 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

I know several people with power out and no indication of when it will be back. One person was told at least a week.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
View Stats

My power is back! Everything is fine around the house but two trees around my area of the town broke some power lines which cut off my power.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
169 posts
View Stats

Wb Chris. Good to know your power is back online.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
View Stats

Thanks. It's good to be back. Been a boring few days
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Did you videotape irene?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
View Stats

No, I was asleep when it came through
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
View Stats

So it was in the AM? Jeez dude I'd love to stay up and just watch it.. perhaps go out in it.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
View Stats

Like 8AM was when it passed I think. Wasn't up yet lol. I would not go outside. It was pouring and winds were up to 70MPH at times.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
View Stats

Didn't stop me when we had that Tornado.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,990 posts
View Stats

Well you sir, are a thrill seeker I'll stick to videos via internet