Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 11-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

hunger games Catching fire

i went to see the hunger games the day after it came out it was a blast i had loads of fun and the movie was amazing the action and the story kept me interested for the entire time i was there and i think that is what you want in a movie .

i went to see at the imax and it was worth every dollar

Old 11-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Re: hunger games Catching fire

It got good reviews. I still haven't read/watched the first or any of the books/movies.

Just interested, have you read the book? Did you like it better, worse, or about the same as the movie.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 11-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
50 posts
MrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 6
Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6
Level up: 6%
Level up: 6%, 94 Points needed Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

I haven't read any of the books, but Catching Fire has inspired me to read them and then third book - I can't hang out for moths to see/read what happens in the 3rd installment.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

i read the books and i like the books really good they have more detail then the movies but i will say this they did not change way too much from the book to the movie but the ending is pretty good and it leads you to belive there gonna be a big ending to the last movie if you never read the books .

all in all its great most books are better then there movies cuzz they can fit more cuzz the movie would be hours long if they fit every bit of detail
Old 11-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
13 posts
NintendoMario is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 2
Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 24 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%

Y'know they are splitting Mockingjay into 2 different movies (2014 and 2015), right?
Old 12-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
50 posts
MrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 6
Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6
Level up: 6%
Level up: 6%, 94 Points needed Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoMario View Post
Y'know they are splitting Mockingjay into 2 different movies (2014 and 2015), right?
Definitely going to read the book then, I'm not hanging out until 2015 to hear how this ends
Old 12-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

lol

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
322 posts
psimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,156, Level: 20 Points: 5,156, Level: 20 Points: 5,156, Level: 20
Level up: 46%
Level up: 46%, 594 Points needed Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

When I went to see this with my family and two cousins 4 days ago, the theater had these fantastic red leather chairs with recliners.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

It was so divine.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
lol

Anyways, I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie, but maybe I'll like this one better. I hear it's more conspiracy-like so hopefully the story is more dynamic.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

I have too many negative things to say about the series, so I feel really out of place here.

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 12-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
I have too many negative things to say about the series, so I feel really out of place here.
Eh, I usually just say something mildly negative and then admit that there might be something specifically positive. It's the easiest way to contribute to something you don't even really like all that much. Better than smirking at the fact that other people like it.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

The only positive thing about the series I can think of, similar to Twilight, is that it's gotten people who normally wouldn't pick up a book, to do so, regardless if it's bad or not. More people reading is always good.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Well one positive thing is Jennifer Lawrence is kinda hot and now we see her a lot.

Comments

agreed
Old 12-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

I was going to say that but I have way too many nsfw opinions on her so I'll just stay put in my nice little basement cubby. Gotta get a new hairtie, too.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Negative NSFW opinions or positive?
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

positive. by and large, nothin' but positive.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I just would like to know why people like this series, because I really don't. I just need some insight into this.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
5,581 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
I just would like to know why people like this series, because I really don't. I just need some insight into this.
Mikman and others, I do believe there is tactful benefit to finding at least one positive thing among something you don't quite like.

Like I said I wasn't big into the first movie, but I thought it had a few stylish moments and had a clever audio presentation. (I know it's a bit odd, but trust me Hunger Games had a few cool scenes purely on account of what they were doing with noise)
Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Not everyone is gonna like everything. Don't like it, don't watch it.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Not everyone is gonna like everything. Don't like it, don't watch it.
Mindblowing advice from DB, once again. Clearly, it is unparalleled and unmatched by even Dr. Katz. -applauds-

Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

You didn't appreciate my blunt advice about people liking stuff that Mikman doesn't? Ok I'll give it another shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman
I just would like to know why people like this series, because I really don't.
Obviously these people just have bad taste and your opinion on the movie trumps theirs.

Better?

To be a tad less snarky- I don't know because I've never watched or read the story. I assume people enjoy it because they haven't read/watched many stories about this sort of thing and they find it interesting. It also has an all star cast.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

I don't try to seem superior to others. I can simply understand why people like some films but not others, whether I like them or not. I thought that the story was poorly written, didn't entertain me, and I questioned some of its moral. The only positive which I can think of is that the story has a female lead, which differs from many stories.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

People can list reasons why they like stuff you don't like but in the end it just comes down to personal tastes. That's why I said what I said originally, not everyone is gonna like everything.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

I agree, but I like to understand what the other person thinks sometimes, so that I get a more complete view of things.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
78 posts
TheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of averageTheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4
Level up: 11%
Level up: 11%, 134 Points needed Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Read the first book after seeing the first movie and when watching the second movie it a little confusing when they are picking names as Haymitch's games what you are told about in the first book are not discussed or in the movie at all.

I was shocked by the ending as did not see it coming since I have not read Catching Fire but it really seemed some of the ending was incomplete and a little more was ment to be there before Mockingjay as I mean who would end a book on a cliff hanger as big as that.

Don't plan to read Catching Fire due to this and I have Mockingjay but I hate to know movies before I see them so don't plan on reading it til 2015 the wait is going to kill me.

-----------------------------

and Jennifer Lawrence (Y) perfect not just because she is hot, she fits the role of Katniss Everdeen perfectly and portrays her in a way no one else could.