Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: How Many Push-ups Can You Do?
0-4 1 5.88%
5-9 2 11.76%
10-14 4 23.53%
15-19 1 5.88%
20+ 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

How Many Push-ups Can You Do?

Get off your butts and try ya lazy bums.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-19-2014, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Re: How Many Push-ups Can You Do?

I'm out of shape, maybe 10 if I'm lucky.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I'm out of shape, maybe 10 if I'm lucky.
We are not guessing here DB. I did 12, I was too scared to try a 13th.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 02-19-2014 at 01:43 AM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 638 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

Between 10-14. I'm not too much overweight, about 4 kg but I am unfit. No real excuse as I have a swimming pool and a treadmill, more than enough to get me fit.
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

I am unfit too, I don't exercise at all. My car has been stuck in snow about a dozen times this year, getting it unstuck is a workout, but that's about it.
At my very best, I could do them indefinitely, in grade 6, we had a competition at school and I was past 50 and they told me to stop, since I was clearly the winner.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 02-19-2014 at 02:17 AM..
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,008 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Even after gaining some weight back I can still do a solid fifteen.
go play a sport
Old 02-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 139 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Now...

I'm 135 pounds though.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 02-19-2014 at 02:46 AM..
Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
We are not guessing here DB. I did 12, I was too scared to try a 13th.
Last time I tried I did 10, is that better?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

I'll give this a shot when I get home from work.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Donor
997 posts
D.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 1,579 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

I'm at work right now so I'm not going to start busting out push-ups in my cubicle but I'm also pretty sure I don't want to know the answer to this question.

One thing about push-ups is that most people don't do them correctly. You can watch 10 people doing push ups and they will be doing them 10 different ways and 9 of those ways are cheating. Doing less reps at a slower pace with proper form will benefit you more than doing a bunch half assed.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
Straight back - clench your butt and squeeze your abs.
Look up - straight ahead. Not down.
In down position your chin should touch ground.
In up position your elbows lock.

I just did 34 and a half with proper form.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

about 57. Havent tried recently. Proper form, all the way down.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Last time I tried I did 10, is that better?
No, clear your hentai dvd's off to the side and do some freaking push-ups.
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

This old man did 38, all the way down.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
912 posts
RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RevJ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 31
Points: 15,350, Level: 31 Points: 15,350, Level: 31 Points: 15,350, Level: 31
Level up: 90%, 100 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

+1 (+1/-0)     

I can only do 10, although I have just started this program - Welcome to the one hundred push ups training program - so hopefully that will improve

Comments

Inspiring, lol
Old 02-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
I.X.E.
241 posts
T to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 11,794, Level: 28 Points: 11,794, Level: 28 Points: 11,794, Level: 28
Level up: 28%
Level up: 28%, 656 Points needed Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Send a message via AIM to T to the C Send a message via Yahoo to T to the C

20+ push ups!

I have not been doing them lately!

I been mostly been working on cardio and weights!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevJ View Post
I can only do 10, although I have just started this program - Welcome to the one hundred push ups training program - so hopefully that will improve

I've seen this. It seems a little far fetched the increase per week they expect you to do. While i am sure it is entirely possible, i don't see 100 pushups in only ten weeks unless you can already do 40-60 right off the bat.

The best thing i would suggest to you is to do as many as you can do and that is your baseline. You aim for one more above your maximum each session for the week. Next week you start off with as many as you can do and that is your new base. Repeat repeat.

Also factor in some sort of diet like adding protein to your intake each day.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Kuma Shock
2,238 posts
Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,623, Level: 46 Points: 35,623, Level: 46 Points: 35,623, Level: 46
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 1,327 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

i did the program and got to about 50 or so and then forgot about it or got bored of it lol
Old 03-18-2014, 05:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

How about this?
George Takei cranks out 100 a day.
Like a boss.

How many pushups can I do?

( Click to show/hide )

Get ready for it ..
( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

I can't believe no one beat me to it.
Ahhh, that was so good!

( Click to show/hide )

ON TOPIC:
I don't honestly know how many I can do; I never really bothered with them or the bench - press type exercises at all.
If I'm going to exercise it's usually some kind of strength training using weights, springs, and elastics.
{elastics - oh man}
However, I prefer real work as a true measure of my strength, and let me share a story about that in general:

A friend told me he once helped to move one of those old pot - bellied cast iron stoves.
Among those helping was a bodybuilder whom my friend said appeared to be in great shape, with muscles bulging.

A short while into the move, the bodybuilder asked they put it down for a break, so they did.
This happened again 3 more times .. my friend said the last time, the bodybuilder was begging them to put it down, lest he drop it.

I think the moral of that story is that there's a big difference between looking strong and being strong.

Overall, I see pushups as more of an endurance exercise, but on that note George Takei swears it's what keeps him in great shape at 60+ years old.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Well weight lifters are not training for endurance. Reminds me of the time I met Mick Foley, how was telling me about how he considers Goldust stronger than Mark Henry. He said that Goldust could hold him off the ground in a bear hug for a long time, where Mark Henry could only do it for a few seconds.
kong on Bronies:

Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Comments

Chuck Norris once used up all the world's pushups - true story
Attached Thumbnails
chuck-norris-celebrities-expendables-pushup-677189.jpeg  
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
Old 03-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
View Stats

I do 3 sets pf 10 then im buggered. Decided to get fit this year and start a 2nd business. Im gonna do a 5km run in 4 hours from now and I have had a couple. Dedication to jogging is bloody hard. Got a 10km on 13 April.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

I do 2 sets of 10 then im buggered... I devoded to get fit this year and start a 2nd business. Im doing a 5km in 4 hours. Just finshed the bbq and its 2am... 13 April 10km.
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
Old 03-22-2014, 02:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballas View Post
I do 3 sets pf 10 then im buggered. Decided to get fit this year and start a 2nd business. Im gonna do a 5km run in 4 hours from now and I have had a couple. Dedication to jogging is bloody hard. Got a 10km on 13 April.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

I do 2 sets of 10 then im buggered... I devoded to get fit this year and start a 2nd business. Im doing a 5km in 4 hours. Just finshed the bbq and its 2am... 13 April 10km.
You're doing better than I, well done.

Not to nitpick but I noticed one set of pushups went South in the space of 3 minutes .. but I doubt I could pull off even 2 sets so I'm not criticizing.

SC13:
Quote:
Well weight lifters are not training for endurance.
There is a way to mix both, simply by doing your weight training really slowly.
Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
View Stats

Haha. No it's 3. Typing off my phone. Did the 5km and was quite sore afterwards but did some exercise today again to loosen up on the treadmill. Will try and keep it going to see if I can get fit. Have a 10km race to do 13 April.
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"