Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
267 posts
XERQ GRANITE is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,995, Level: 12 Points: 1,995, Level: 12 Points: 1,995, Level: 12
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 5 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Holographic Touchscreen Cellphones

Where are they, why don't we have em yet?!? We already have the "Touchscreen Hologram" technology (Scientificly known as "Heliodisplay M2I"), so why hasn't it been made into a cell phone yet?? I even have a nice, sleek design in mind for it too. Picture a little tiny strap that goes on your finger with 1 little button on it, and any time you want to use it you just press the button and a little holographic tab pops out and you can stretch the tab to however big you want the screen to be (E.g: Stretch it hellza big n wide if ure watchin a movie or keep it hidden if you don't want it to get in the way while you play music or somethin ^_^) But ya, I just thought I'd throw that idea out there so that maybe sometime in the near future someone will read this and create it ^_^ Heliodisplay M2I is gonna CHANGE THE WORLD!!!! ^_^

Last edited by XERQ GRANITE; 06-11-2010 at 01:06 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal
In the end its about being happy with yourself and being able to be at peace with the choices youve made in life and not having any regrets about anything :)
Old 06-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Holographic Touchscreen Cellphones

Because some of us like buttons, maybe?
Or it's too expensive and complicated to make, thus meaning it could cost us upwards of a thousand dollars to buy.
Maybe the technology doesn't work all too perfectly, and nobody wants to be the one to repeat the Beta-Max thing, you know releasing flawed technology, and calling it the wave of the future, thus failing.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Because some of us like buttons, maybe

Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I should have seen that coming.
But seriously, I like the physical feedback, and click sound of a button. It confirms to me that my input was accepted by the machine.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
267 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Or it's too expensive and complicated to make, thus meaning it could cost us upwards of a thousand dollars to buy.
Maybe the technology doesn't work all too perfectly, and nobody wants to be the one to repeat the Beta-Max thing, you know releasing flawed technology, and calling it the wave of the future, thus failing.
Ya, that makes sence, cause so far the only thing that I've found that uses Heliodisplay M2I is a computer so maybe it'd be hard to make it into somethin that small, but never-the-less, I think it's a good idea, it'd be like the iPhone but waaaayyy better ^_^ But ya, thats just my opinion though ^_^

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Hahaha...... OOOOOOOOOOO........ BUTTONS!!! ^_^

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote:
I should have seen that coming.
But seriously, I like the physical feedback, and click sound of a button. It confirms to me that my input was accepted by the machine.
Ya, idk, I've never really liked touching things seeing as I have a sweating dissorder on my palms and it gets so bad that it tends to mess things up (like paper n ciggarettes n stuff), or leave nasty sweat spots all over, so ya, it'll help people with Hyperhydrosis like me, but then again now that you mention it, the touchscreen on my ol' iPhone used to completly stop working every now-and-again and I had to let the iPhone die before I could use it again, so I can see Heliodisplay M2I (Ima jus call it HD:M2I for short ) having the same type of problem and......... well........ how do you get rid of a frozen hologram?? lol
Quote:
In the end its about being happy with yourself and being able to be at peace with the choices youve made in life and not having any regrets about anything :)
Old 06-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

XG:
Quote:
Where are they, why don't we have em yet?!?
In my opinion and having worked in the consumer electronics industry I can honestly say that I don't know.
Just kidding.

Actually the real reason probably goes something like this:
IF they sold us high definition televisions back in the '60s when they were first being developed for military use, I don't think they would have been able to sell us all the incremental advancements that led up to it.
{component video, S video, etc.}

Basically I'm saying that they're greedy - and they are - look at the NAU, where we're still using NTSC instead of PAL to allow for backward compatibility.
More like backward thinking, if you ask me.

Bottom line: it's so they can keep selling newer technology {to civilians} with go - faster racing stripes.

Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
267 posts
View Stats

Ya, another valid point, but hey, when we do get to the point of them releasing it to the public hopefully this thread will inspire some koo ideas (such as the 'for-mentioned idea @ the top ^^^^ ^_^) n possibly bring us closer to the future (Where we should've been a long time ago )
Quote:
Old 06-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

XG:
Quote:
possibly bring us closer to the future (Where we should've been a long time ago )
Tell me about it.
It's the elites' greed, and more importantly, the fact that they're a bunch of control freaks who have played 'Monopoly' with the whole planet and WON, by low - down, underhanded cheating and skullduggery.

They are holding our species in place technologically and stand in the way of new developments whenever they can.
In this way, {and with things like Sodium Flouride} they are keeping us from progressing and from ever leaving this little pebble called Earth.

Yeah, I really have issues with the elites.

I expected to see people at least living on the moon by now, and when I was young my dad used to tell me that it was my future..
{no comments about me being a lunatic now}

Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.