Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Help me make my revolutionary/anti-establishment CD

I am trying to come up with a bunch of revolutionary/anti-establishment music for a CD or 2. I am open to all genres, but I would prefer if the song were driven by its lyrics. Artists that I already have include:

Rage Against The Machine
Public Enemy
Dead Prez
X-Clan
Street Dogs
The Perceptionists

Any help would be awesome. Reccomend not only artists, but some good songs that display anger towards "the man."
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,069 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,002, Level: 62 Points: 107,002, Level: 62 Points: 107,002, Level: 62
Level up: 82%
Level up: 82%, 3,748 Points needed Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Re: Help me make my revolutionary/anti-establishment CD

First I wanna ask, why?

I can only think of two suggestions;

TuPac - He's got alot of down with whitey/the man stuff. Not that I'm saying he's racist, he just had some issues with white people.

Immortal Technique - You have Dead Prez on your list so you probably know of him but in case you don't his music seems perfect for what you want. Just be warned some of his ideas are pretty out there, they border on paranoid and some would say he's just crazy. Example, He believes the falling of the twin towers was controlled explosives set by the US government. If you believe that too forgive my I just don't buy it. Besides that though he's got some good lyrics and he's a smart guy.

If I think of anymore I'll post them, hopefully those helped.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Radiohead's new Inrainbows album is geared against record labels. You know, with the fact you can only download it off of their site, you get to pick what you pay for it and the fact that its not promoted by a single record label.

The entire way you go about getting the album is just one huge slap in the face to big business music companies. Got to love that. Plus it's friggen' Radiohead dude!

Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

True. And it is sweet album. However I am looking for music I can pump my fist to.

Also: Do you have In Rainbows disc 2? It is pretty excellent also.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.