Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
pieman124 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,195, Level: 13 Points: 2,195, Level: 13 Points: 2,195, Level: 13
Level up: 44%
Level up: 44%, 255 Points needed Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen is currently on rigth now and it's thefirst episode of the season so I figured I would make a thread about it. It's on Fox (Channel 5) now.

Someone cooked a dish and almost made Chef Ramsy throw up.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: Hell's Kitchen

I watch this show. It seems like the gap between last season and this season was too short.

It's a good show.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Arrgggg... why did I get rid of cable?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Fox isn't a cable station in most places.
If it is, it sucks to be you, but I bet you could find it online.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
I watch this show. It seems like the gap between last season and this season was too short.

It's a good show.

Yea I was watching Master Chef and saw that it was on early. A guy just made fun of chef by mimicing him when Chef said "It's Raw."

People are morons.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

This show is great lol....I love all of these crazy cooking shows. Where did they come from anyway?
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
View Stats

Yea. LOL! I don't know where they came from. Maybe someone said lets have a cook off. And then reality cook offs were born.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Not that I watch TV, but I have seen this 'Hell's Kitchen' show at a friend's house {they're still plugged into the Matrix} and all I can say is:

I don't even know Gordon and I want to slap him silly - what an offensive, insulting little man he is - and I don't care if he is a master chef or whatever he's still an abusive worm and I would hate to have to work under him for one minute.

Even when I was foreman of a trenching crew I didn't talk to my men that way!
In my opinion, Emeril was better - BAM!
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Hell's Kitchen is awesome. Sabrina is the worst ever. Dear god, she is terrible. I can't believe theres no JP

My favorites so far are Boris, Curtis, Louis, and Gail.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
View Stats

I like Louis and Gail. Sabrina and Raj are fail. "I'm suprised he's 49 and is still alive and not in jail or an assylam." LOL! Raj=FAIL.

@Joe- CHef is supposed to be mean on this. He is a really nice guy on Master Chef.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Trev kinda scares me because his eyes are always so buggy and creepy lol

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

OHHH Vinnie's about to get it!!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

lol, wow Curtis got out.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
View Stats

Yeah
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

Im sure Raj is gonna stab someone in the next episode :P

Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
View Stats

Yeah I know. He i fat. And he is 49.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I love this show a lot. Ramsey makes most chefs look tame.
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Show sucks and so does the dude it's about. Staged anger and staged problems.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

The show does seem staged, but it still is entertaining.

Remove Pootis
Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
369 posts
View Stats

It actually could be, but i think its about 95%real and 5% staged.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

I think it's staged because they can close it with costumers inside.

Remove Pootis
Old 09-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,705 posts
View Stats

I dont understand how they're all cooks in real life, yet most of them can't cook for their life on Hell's Kitchen. I mean Trev couldn't even make a salad. Would he really be a chef if he couldnt make a salad? I think its like 80% real and 20% fake. Im okay with it either way though.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Actually, Chef Ramsey's anger is completely staged in every American show he makes. His rage is what the American viewing audience wants to see.

But, if you watch him on his British shows, you will notice that he does not yell, and he has more of a "Son I am disappoint" air to him when he is displeased. That isn't often though, on the British shows he is more concerned about helping the chefs, than he is yelling profanities to the degree even I wouldn't do.

@Crispy:
5% real, 95% fake at the degree of his rage, but the actual cooking is how it is portrayed.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
View Stats

The difference between this show and his other show is that its basicly a job interview. He needs to see how these guys perform under pressure.

The winners also get to run one of his 5 star restaurants and some cash.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

They don't start off running his restaurant, they start from a high-ish position and have to work their way up to it.
He still has to think of it from a business standpoint, giving a restaurant to someone you hardly know is the best way to lose all the money you put into it.