Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
346 posts
Kevin is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 58 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Has anyone KGB'd anything yet?

I'm sure we have all seen these ads for Kgb now- the text messaging service that will answer anything you ask for .99 cents a pop.

So has anyone tried this? What question did you ask?

Just curious.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Re: Has anyone KGB'd anything yet?

I think it's stupid. If I want to know something I'll google it for free.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

sounds like something kong woulda set up on the beach.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 01-28-2010, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

The people who thought this up are probably swimming in profits, like Scrooge McDuck but without the gold coins.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

there is also chacha - text 242242. it is free, but now you have to do about 5 texts worth of surveys. it was good before they started the surveys.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
The people who thought this up are probably swimming in profits, like Scrooge McDuck but without the gold coins.
I agree. These jokers are probably making a killing.

KGB is an absolutely ridiculous concept. Like someone mentioned, you could google the same questions for free. Still, I tip my cap to the guys who came up with the idea.
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Have you used chacha Jim? What did you ask? What did they answer?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
486 posts
OldTimer is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,545, Level: 12 Points: 1,545, Level: 12 Points: 1,545, Level: 12
Level up: 9%
Level up: 9%, 455 Points needed Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

I laugh at those commercials and they are just a gimmic. I am sure kids will try them out for the novelty of it.

Besides google, use this site for knowledge. No need to go to Kong's kiosk on the beach. (I hear sometimes he is wrong but have not proved it yet)
Old 01-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I don't have a cell phone, but the idea is asinine. Why pay for answers you can get for free?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
I don't have a cell phone, but the idea is asinine. Why pay for answers you can get for free?
Some people are lazy morons with money to burn(or mommy and daddy pay the bill).
Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64

You could have a cell phone but not Internet access.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Some people are lazy morons with money to burn(or mommy and daddy pay the bill).
If I had a phone, no doubt my parents wouldn't cover a cent of the bill.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
You could have a cell phone but not Internet access.
This is true and there's always exceptions but for the most part this is a service that counts on lazy, uninformed people.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

i can see some situations where id call, something like a couple buddies on a road trip and an argument needs to be settled.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 01-29-2010, 01:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Some of my friends have used this. One time my sister's boyfriend text them a question and as soon as he did I ran and got on their computer. I had the answer in like 15 seconds. He got a text message with a less in depth answer like 75 seconds later.
TMT Raps

Quote:
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

@kong

if i remember, the process went like this. i sent a question. got a reply that said, "we will tell you, but first take a survey (if you don't respond, you don't get the answer)
q1. male or female
q2. what kind of cellular plan
q3. are you interested in switching
q4 income
q5 zip code

i lied on all responses.

if you have an unlimited text plan, and you don't mind sending 5 texts or so to get an answer to a question, then chacha is fine. they didn't used to do the surveys. i suspect that kgb and chacha are part of the same company and that chacha started the survey to recoup losses.

i've asked several questions in the past. who won the football national championship in 2004, what is in a grateful dead (drink), and something else that is way past pg-13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy
i can see some situations where id call, something like a couple buddies on a road trip and an argument needs to be settled.
this and other things, like being in a bar, where the exact reason why i used it.

Last edited by jim5cents; 01-29-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
Some of my friends have used this. One time my sister's boyfriend text them a question and as soon as he did I ran and got on their computer. I had the answer in like 15 seconds. He got a text message with a less in depth answer like 75 seconds later.
One for the good old CPU.
That sounds like a KGB failure.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
346 posts
Kevin is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16
Level up: 86%, 58 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

KGB will bank on this for the first year or so because (some) people will be excited to try the new service. In time those people will beome bored with the concept and realize how much cash they wasted.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
View Stats

Not exactly new. I heard of similar services 10 years ago. I wanted to get a job with them.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
View Stats

you still can, it is something like .10 cents per response, but i think there is a several month evaluation period before they will pay you.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

10 cents a response? if its .10 youd make about 5 cents an hour.
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Can all your responses be links to lmgtfy?

[ame=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+this+a+valid+response+from+KGB%3F]Let me google that for you[/ame]

Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,159 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 34
Points: 17,868, Level: 34 Points: 17,868, Level: 34 Points: 17,868, Level: 34
Level up: 20%
Level up: 20%, 882 Points needed Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

any one wonder if KGB uses Google.
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I bet they use google and wikipedia. If they follow the sources they can verify it pretty quick.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
486 posts
OldTimer is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,545, Level: 12 Points: 1,545, Level: 12 Points: 1,545, Level: 12
Level up: 9%
Level up: 9%, 455 Points needed Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

I bet they use the magic 8-ball.