Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: What should happen with the Halloween series?
Stop making movies! 4 66.67%
Keep them going, I like movies they've been coming out with 0 0%
Keep them going until the get it right 1 16.67%
I don't care 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
74 posts
AK Bullet Storm is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 261 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Halloween Movie Series

Sequels, remakes, sequel remakes, and reboots, I'm tired of it all. I'm a huge fan of John Carpenter's Halloween (the original) and I enjoyed the original sequel to that film as well. As for the other movies that followed each one got progressively worse. With the last 2 Halloween's, that were directed by Rob Zombie, I've just about given up hope on the series entirely, mind you John Carpenter's Halloween is number 2 on my favorite movies of all time list. What are your thoughts on future Halloween movies and the past movies that have been released?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Re: Halloween Movie Series

I really don't care too much about that. I'll watch it when it gets out on video or maybe not. I'll am looking foward to watching the Nightmare on Elm Street remake.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
121 posts
xfighter1138 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 6
Points: 693, Level: 6 Points: 693, Level: 6 Points: 693, Level: 6
Level up: 93%
Level up: 93%, 7 Points needed Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Send a message via AIM to xfighter1138

I stopped watching Halloween series when Carpenter made that horrid sequel, Season of the Witch.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

yeah what the hell was up with that one?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I didn't like anything after the original.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

I still need to watch these..

Old 02-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I was never impressed with these movies so I don't care about any news ones.

Unless someone feels strongly about this I doubt think we'll have much of a debate.

Edit- This got Xfighter1138 to post again so it must be doing something right. Welcome back, long time no see.

Last edited by Dudebro; 02-03-2010 at 03:41 AM..
Old 02-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

I've only seen three and four(they play em every friday on AMC). They're all right, they certainly make me want the lights on in my house when I walk around.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
74 posts
AK Bullet Storm is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12
Level up: 48%, 261 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I was never impressed with these movies so I don't care about any news ones.

Unless someone feels strongly about this I doubt think we'll have much of a debate.

Edit- This got Xfighter1138 to post again so it must be doing something right. Welcome back, long time no see.
I guess I'm the only fan of the series then. this is so disappointing...
Old 02-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

It's not that it's a bad series, it's just that he's too similar to Jason. Jason was and is bigger in the eyes of horror buffs. Just the way things are.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Yeah that's my problem with it, the similarity to Friday the 13th. Besides the cool Shatner face mask there's no much to set it apart.

Moving this to chat, if a debate starts I'll move it back.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
i've only seen three and four(they play em every friday on amc). They're all right, they certainly make me want the lights on in my house when i walk around.
amc?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

@ Tails--American Movie Channel.

I know I've seen the Holloween movies, I just don't remember them as clearly as I do with Friday the 13th and Elm Street.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
233 posts
JKool is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 45 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

I've seen the first one. It was good but I wouldn't watch the others.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

+1 (+1/-0)     

Everyone knows that the best Halloween movie is the one where Busta Rhymes roundhouse kicks Michael Myers in the face.

Comments

TMT Raps

Quote:
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Thanks Joz. Still haven;t heard of it nor seen the channel.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
Everyone knows that the best Halloween movie is the one where Busta Rhymes roundhouse kicks Michael Myers in the face.
where did that happen?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

He doesn't actually round house kick him, but what he does is almost as awesome. And he has a great 1 liner when he enters the scene.

NSFW
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u26u0mMxqt0"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 02-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Sweet!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Good point TMT, +1. Btw is Busta Rhymes ever not funny?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

No, Busta Rhymes is never not funny. I love him with all my heart. Almost as much as ODB. If only they would have done a song together...OH WAIT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRcGDWP46M"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

If Busta Rhymes and ODB would have both been in Halloween Resurrection, it would be the greatest film ever made.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
Good point TMT, +1. Btw is Busta Rhymes ever not funny?
He is always funny.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

+1 (+1/-0)     

THEIR heads should roll, just like Uwe Boll's.
Have these people got no soul?
Such terrible horrors I haven't seen
but not the scary kind, I mean.

Just what goes on in their head
or perhaps there is instead
less to this than meets the eye
in which case I wonder why

For so many sequels they've endured
- those movies really are for the birds.

Comments

Last edited by RU Joe; 02-13-2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: weird, the pic is working weird
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.