Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Who's the Greatest Professional Wrestler Ever?
Hulk Hogan 2 12.50%
Bret "The Hitman" Hart 4 25.00%
Ric Flair 3 18.75%
Stone Cold Steve Austin 0 0%
The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) 0 0%
Kurt Angle 1 6.25%
Brock Lesnar 0 0%
Bill Goldberg 0 0%
Bruno Sammartino 0 0%
Jake "The Snake" Roberts 0 0%
Rey Mysterio Jr. 0 0%
Triple H 0 0%
Shawn Michaels 0 0%
The Ultimate Warrior 1 6.25%
Booker T 0 0%
The Undertaker 2 12.50%
Rob Van Dam 0 0%
Rowdy Roddy Piper 0 0%
Andre The Giant 0 0%
Mick Foley 0 0%
Other (Explain) 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The Greatest Prowrestler of All Time...

This is a sister topic to BR26's prowrestling topic. We all grew up in different eras, but who is the best (or your favorite) professional wrestler ever?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Re: The Greatest Prowrestler of All Time...

Bret Hart.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Bret Hart.
Me too. Did you vote?

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

No poll when I posted.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

What no love for the other wrestling leagues out there? Mexico and Japan also have great wrestlers. But most of those guys end up going to the WWF anyways

From Mexico, El Hijo del Santo. Almost as good as his father.

( Click to show/hide )
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihy11E8MK8]YouTube - The Top Ten Moves of El Hijo del Santo[/ame]

And from Japan, Ultimo Dragon. I think he is currently in the states in WCW.

( Click to show/hide )
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNTUEigmRsk&feature=related]YouTube - The Top Ten Moves of Ultimo Dragon[/ame]
Old 08-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
What no love for the other wrestling leagues out there? Mexico and Japan also have great wrestlers. But most of those guys end up going to the WWF anyways

From Mexico, El Hijo del Santo. Almost as good as his father.

( Click to show/hide )

And from Japan, Ultimo Dragon. I think he is currently in the states in WCW.

( Click to show/hide )
I had a hard time creating the poll because there were so many I wanted to add. I really wanted to put Antonio Anoki, Eddie Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Mil Mascaras, and El Santo. I couldn't fit anyone else in the poll, so I went with the ones who have the most recognition throughout the world overall.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Andre the Giant too..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Andre the Giant too..
Andre is on the poll.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Million Dollar Man too.

dude was the perfect heel.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Million Dollar Man too.

dude was the perfect heel.
Yeah he was. Ted Dibiase rocked.

From what I heard, he was also a big inspiriation behind Vince McMahon's "Mr. McMahon" personality he uses today.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Not rocked, ROCKS. Especially his theme, infact on RU wrestling games I usually use either Andre, Dibiase, or Hart.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
I had a hard time creating the poll because there were so many I wanted to add. I really wanted to put Antonio Anoki, Eddie Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Mil Mascaras, and El Santo. I couldn't fit anyone else in the poll, so I went with the ones who have the most recognition throughout the world overall.
Just messing with ya. That's what "others" is for.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Not rocked, ROCKS. Especially his theme, infact on RU wrestling games I usually use either Andre, Dibiase, or Hart.
True, but isn't he mostly retired today?

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

His son is in the WWE called Ted Diabiase Jr. or w/e

Old 08-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
His son is in the WWE called Ted Diabiase Jr. or w/e
That's right. I remember seeing him on one episode not too long ago. I tuned in for one show (the one where Bret Hart came back) and he was on there. Does he use the same finisher?

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Don't know. I haven't watched Wrestling in probably 15 years now. My brother and my father love it though, so I know something about current day.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Don't know. I haven't watched Wrestling in probably 15 years now. My brother and my father love it though, so I know something about current day.
Okay. No worries. I just wondered. I don't know much about present day stuff other than that in the WWE Triple H gets too much attention since he is married to Stephanie McMahon. I have seen a little TNA and I agree with Smitty that is seems cooler. I know Sting was there for awhile.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
622 posts
Gamenguru play's well with othersGamenguru play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 631 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

I'm sure that several of the wrestlers on this list could be considered by many to be the best. My vote goes to Bret "Hitman" Hart though.

I think he was the whole package. One of the greatest technical wrestlers to ever step into a ring. He also had good skills on the microphone and really knew how to connect with a crowd as well as his fans.

Bret was da' man!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

I cant vote in this poll...its like picking my favorite kid!! lol

I think it depends on the era of wrestling you grew up in. For 80's babys it will always be Hulk Hogan..hands down wrap it up.

For 90's babies its a tie between Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley (before the WWE in ECW) and the Undertaker.

I know this breaks the rules of the poll but im a wild and crazy guy lol
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 08-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

So would I fit into your logic of being a Hogan baby since I was born Dec. 29 1989?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal View Post
I cant vote in this poll...its like picking my favorite kid!! lol

I think it depends on the era of wrestling you grew up in. For 80's babys it will always be Hulk Hogan..hands down wrap it up.

For 90's babies its a tie between Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley (before the WWE in ECW) and the Undertaker.

I know this breaks the rules of the poll but im a wild and crazy guy lol
You could always say other.

I grew up in the 80's and Hulk Hogan was a god then for sure, and he still remains one of my all time faves, but then once Bret Hart came around, he really took the spotlight. One thing that made Bret so cool was that he could beat a guy with any move. You never really knew how the match would end. Also, he could make about anyone look good regardless of his oponents skill. If I had to pick, I would say he is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote:
So would I fit into your logic of being a Hogan baby since I was born Dec. 29 1989?
I think you would be a 90's baby.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Hard choice, but I'm going to have to say The Undertaker. I don't have a great reason why, though. He's a pretty good wrestler on a technical level, and he's just a badass. And both of the "characters" he was, were pretty interesting.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Donor
57 posts
br26 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,287, Level: 13 Points: 2,287, Level: 13 Points: 2,287, Level: 13
Level up: 64%
Level up: 64%, 163 Points needed Level up: 64% Level up: 64%

hmm...that's a tough one! i can't choose who is hands down the greatest ever but in terms of who sold out arenas the most that'd go to Hulk Hogan. In terms of athletic ability I would either give it to Kurt Angle or Shawn Michaels.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Athletic ability would go to Kurt Angle, seeing as he was a gold medal winning Olympic wrestler.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Athletic ability would go to Kurt Angle, seeing as he was a gold medal winning Olympic wrestler.
Angle is another great talent. It's a shame fate robbed of seeing epic Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart matches. That would have been so epic. Both guys could finish opponents in a multitude of ways, had a huge move set, and had great personality to go with it.

Holy Jacket of Smite!