Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 825 USD (33%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-10-2011, 04:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Good video game music

This thread is so people can post the song they heard in video games that they like.
I'll start.

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,081 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Re: Good video game music

I posted this somewhere before but heres a guy playing a instramental version of a great song
from one of my favorite videogames.
Fairy fountains from Ocarina of time
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
6,748 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44
Level up: 43%
Level up: 43%, 864 Points needed Level up: 43% Level up: 43%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Just wait for it. SJB is going to roll in with MvC3 and anything with Frank West in it.

Comments

Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

The whole soundtrack is bitchin, but this one is my favorite.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26
Level up: 65%
Level up: 65%, 322 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 96,950, Level: 62 Points: 96,950, Level: 62 Points: 96,950, Level: 62
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 13,800 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%

Old 06-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,265 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,644, Level: 41 Points: 28,644, Level: 41 Points: 28,644, Level: 41
Level up: 29%
Level up: 29%, 1,006 Points needed Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Elder Scrolls always have awesome music!!

Comments

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,924 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 94,509, Level: 62 Points: 94,509, Level: 62 Points: 94,509, Level: 62
Level up: 20%
Level up: 20%, 16,241 Points needed Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 85%
Activity: 85% Activity: 85% Activity: 85%

+2 (+2/-0)     

ChrisP is winning so far, +1 for the awesomeness. I used to leave Oblivion on just to listen to that.

The Halo Theme is pretty awesome too.

Jim posted a newer version of Castlevania but I prefer this one much more

Comments

Best gif ever.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
6,748 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44
Level up: 43%
Level up: 43%, 864 Points needed Level up: 43% Level up: 43%

Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Old 06-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,265 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,644, Level: 41 Points: 28,644, Level: 41 Points: 28,644, Level: 41
Level up: 29%
Level up: 29%, 1,006 Points needed Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Activity: 67%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

@Dudebro- Halo Theme was always one of my favorites! +1 When I played Halo, I would hum it, usually causing my bro to get pissed and punch me
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
View Stats

Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Keeping with the Castlevania theme

Also, I'm not sure if it counts because it isn't designed as video game music, but the entire soundtrack for Fallout 3 is great.

Comments

Old 06-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
10,376 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 57
Points: 54,761, Level: 57 Points: 54,761, Level: 57 Points: 54,761, Level: 57
Level up: 17%
Level up: 17%, 1,589 Points needed Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Activity: 43%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

The Castlevania series has the best tunes, DQ, Mario, FF, Metroid series's, and most early Capcom games are runners up.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
View Stats

Old 06-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,924 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Also, I'm not sure if it counts because it isn't designed as video game music, but the entire soundtrack for Fallout 3 is great.
Sure it counts. It was the soundtrack for the game. Since you mentioned it-
Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
10,376 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I played them all for an impartial non gamer, and these where her reactions if anyone cares how they did to non-biased ears. The order of the comments applies to the order of the videos posted.
"its funny"
"stupit"
"its alright"
"boring"
"stupit"
"fakely intense, no heart"
"stupid, just plain stupid"
"cheesy"
"retarded"
"lame"
"now thats good"
"interesting"
"kinda cute"
"silly" (in a good way)
"classic sounding"
"I already heard this one didnt I?"
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,924 posts
View Stats

I don't think impartial would be a fair word to use if the person listening to game music isn't into games.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
10,376 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I don't think impartial would be a fair word to use if the person listening to game music isn't into games.
Mind if I read that in Steve Urkles voice?
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,924 posts
View Stats

Sure if you want. I'm just saying that since this is specifically about game music it would be hard to be impartial if you aren't a gaming fan. Actually I don't see how anyone could be impartial or unbias about this kind of thing since it depends on if you like games or not.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,039 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 40
Points: 27,797, Level: 40 Points: 27,797, Level: 40 Points: 27,797, Level: 40
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 453 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%

+2 (+2/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Just wait for it. SJB is going to roll in with MvC3 and anything with Frank West in it.

YouTube - ‪VGM 142 - Dancing Mad (Full Ver.) HQ - Final Fantasy VI‬‏
You got me before I could even post!

But seriously, I love jazz so I love those Mall Themes in Dead Rising.

Same thing goes for this FFXIII song:

Comments

Old 06-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
DESU IN A GOOD WAY
Donor
Game Mod
2,073 posts
Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 21,121, Level: 36 Points: 21,121, Level: 36 Points: 21,121, Level: 36
Level up: 98%
Level up: 98%, 29 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 87%
Activity: 87% Activity: 87% Activity: 87%

+2 (+2/-0)     

Have to put this

Comments

Old 06-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,360 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 39
Points: 24,697, Level: 39 Points: 24,697, Level: 39 Points: 24,697, Level: 39
Level up: 3%, 2,253 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Wow AX, you sure are a music lover, just like me!
Good video game music, eh?

I've always liked the Castlevania series, but how come no one posted CV2 'night'?
The 'night' music rocks!

and I've always liked the music for XG2 {Extreme G 2} for the Nintendo 64, particularly this track:

Last edited by RU Joe; 06-11-2011 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: In the night the music sounds much better
Watch out - - -> < - - - they bite!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

A games music can be a play or no play decision maker for me.

Your video won't play wolfman.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
1,710 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 31
Points: 15,050, Level: 31 Points: 15,050, Level: 31 Points: 15,050, Level: 31
Level up: 60%
Level up: 60%, 400 Points needed Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

This is one of my favorites.