Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 825 USD (33%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26
Level up: 65%
Level up: 65%, 322 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Full Metal Jousting

New show on the History channel. It's on right now, these guys are freaking nuts.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,952 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 94,602, Level: 62 Points: 94,602, Level: 62 Points: 94,602, Level: 62
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 16,148 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 85%
Activity: 85% Activity: 85% Activity: 85%

Re: Full Metal Jousting

I saw that commercial and I was just telling my wife how stupid it is. If they're really doing full contact jousting like they used to do in the middle ages it's dumb. People died doing that all the time. It's as smart as running head first at each other to see who doesn't get knocked out.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Best gif ever.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I saw that commercial and I was just telling my wife how stupid it is. If they're really doing full contact jousting like they used to do in the middle ages it's dumb. People died doing that all the time. It's as smart as running head first at each other to see who doesn't get knocked out.
It's pretty much the same, but you're not allowed to hit in the head anymore. They have to hit a guard on the shoulder.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,952 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Still stupid. Some traditions are better left in the past.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,514 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 78,634, Level: 61 Points: 78,634, Level: 61 Points: 78,634, Level: 61
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 11,916 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 61%
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Sounds really awesome. I'll have to watch it later.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
It's as smart as running head first at each other to see who doesn't get knocked out.

Saw a commerical. Might in be interesting for half an episode, then it will be the same as crab fishing.
Bunch of people bitching about how they are better than everyone else, then complaining to the camera, then getting knocked down off of horses. The sound bites post jousting. The Winner "I really had what it took today". The Loser "I didn't have what it took today" Rinse, Repeat.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,122 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,652, Level: 62 Points: 103,652, Level: 62 Points: 103,652, Level: 62
Level up: 65%, 7,098 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

I would say "How many times can someone watch that?" but I would say the same thing about Baseball and it is still pretty popular so maybe it will take off.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,952 posts
View Stats

Hopefully after the first season doesn't get enough ratings they add the part where they get off their horses and fight with maces and flails. I'd watch that if it was full contact.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,025 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,351, Level: 24 Points: 8,351, Level: 24 Points: 8,351, Level: 24
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 499 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

at least its not car jousting.... thats worse
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

ʕ͡ᴥʔ
Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,514 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 78,634, Level: 61 Points: 78,634, Level: 61 Points: 78,634, Level: 61
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 11,916 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 61%
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Sorry guys. this looks great in my opinion!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,952 posts
View Stats

Why apologize? It's obviously popular enough to get on the air so there must be plenty of interest.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,081 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Watching the replay of this now. I think it would be amazing to see this live but the reality show aspect of it is kinda bothering me.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by warghoul View Post
Watching the replay of this now. I think it would be amazing to see this live but the reality show aspect of it is kinda bothering me.
I'd like it more if it was maybe 30 minutes. Just show the training and the match, leave the house stuff out of it.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,952 posts
View Stats

I didn't realize they are going with the reality show/drama thing, even worse. I'm so tired of scripted reality.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

That is exactly what it is going to be. A 21 minutes episode will probably consist of 1-2 minutes of describing joust, point score, tactics, risk of injury, 3-4 minutes per episode will trash talking, 4-5 minutes will be those individual interview things where the person gives some stupid opinion about how awesome they are. 8-9 minutes will be stupid scripted the lives of characters, and finally 1-2 minutes will be actual jousting.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,952 posts
View Stats

Probably a couple mins of jousting broken up throughout the episode to make sure you keep watching and then the conclusion right after the last commercial break. The formula is pretty standard at this point.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,122 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,652, Level: 62 Points: 103,652, Level: 62 Points: 103,652, Level: 62
Level up: 65%, 7,098 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents View Post
and finally 1-2 minutes will be actual jousting.
Come-on. There will be at least 3-4 minutes of actual jousting if you count the replays before and after the commercial breaks.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Seems interesting, but I'll probably only watch the highlights.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.