Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Is fracking good or bad?
Good 0 0%
Bad 3 100.00%
Undecided 0 0%
Other {please specify} 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Fracking - good or bad?

Let's get to the bottom of this.

Last night I watched a documentary 'The Nature of Things' with David Suzuki {sorry no link on you tube} on fracking which told a story of literal lakes' volumes of water being used for each one of these fracking operations, this water being transformed into toxic waste which cannot be cleaned afterwords and must be disposed of, thus eliminating trillions of liters from the world water supply forever.

People living near the wells complain that they and their children are being exposed to toxic gases emitted by the wells as part of the process and it's making them sick.

One company openly admitted that fracking causes earthquakes.

Today, I watched another documentary saying that there's nothing wrong with fracking and it doesn't do any harm to the environment at all; in fact, this presentation suggests that it actually helps the environment.
= check the part around 39:00 where some English guy tries to say people who are against fracking are being fooled by a Russian disinformation campaign!

FrackNation

I want to know what you guys think about this: will we {living in areas like the Eastern US and Canada} wake up one day to find muddy toxic soup pouring from our taps?
Or is it all just hype spawned from isolated incidents?

There are some items I think are worth noting; one being the David Suzuki documentary which featured the Engineer who devised the {modern} process saying that even he thinks fracking is a bad idea.

Another item is the toxic water - if it weren't true then why are so many people saying their water is contaminated? = and why are oil companies being ordered to supply fresh water to people in certain areas if there were no contamination, as the second documentary claims?

By the way, no one seems to be denying that these lakes' worth of water used in the fracking process are in fact being turned into toxic waste which then is being injected into deep wells for 'safe' disposal.
^ I worked at Canada's Alberta Special Waste Treatment Center outside of Swan Hills, Alberta for years and they used this deep well disposal in addition to sealed landfills = they leak, and neither of these things are a real solution.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Fracking - good or bad?

I think it's potentially bad but that potential is exaggerated. My main concern is about removing so much gas from underground, surely that must cause some complications because it's not all gonna be similar to the air we breath.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I think it's potentially bad but that potential is exaggerated. My main concern is about removing so much gas from underground, surely that must cause some complications because it's not all gonna be similar to the air we breath.
Good points, and in a way that FrackNation documentary touches on the emissions issue.

It's really depressing material to absorb , but the idea I had was to raise peoples' awareness so as to bring about the end of this madness.

For example: people in the US hummed and hawed for decades over the Aspartame {Searle/ Monsanto}issue, and now finally it has been removed from products sold within the US.
Canada is still waiting for Ottawa to get with the program.

The point is, it all began by someone saying:

'HEY this just ain't right! WTF'

.. and from there people's awareness as a whole was raised to the level where action was finally taken to remedy the situation.
{edit}:
Yes it may seem exaggerated, but if it is I don't think it's by much.
Besides, if I told you a cockroach was in your kitchen you may not think of the potential for infestation unless I pointed it out to you.

'Kill the monster while it's still small' , isn't that how the saying goes?

Last edited by RU Joe; 08-24-2015 at 06:51 PM..
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,856 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 538 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I read a good number of Dr. Seuss books when I was a kid, but What the Fuck?! isn't one of them. Frankly, I'm shocked the censors let him get away with a title like that.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Quote:
if I told you a cockroach was in your kitchen you may not think of the potential for infestation unless I pointed it out to you.
Not me but I grew up poor and learned about roaches early. If you see a couple in your house then you probably have an infestation.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Not me but I grew up poor and learned about roaches early. If you see a couple in your house then you probably have an infestation.
Right, then you understand the comparison I was trying to make.
I hope.

Zed:
Quote:
I read a good number of Dr. Seuss books when I was a kid, but What the Fuck?! isn't one of them. Frankly, I'm shocked the censors let him get away with a title like that.
This is a new version more geared toward today's kids and their autism - causing diet.
Another newer one is:
'Horton hears about GMO's'

Last edited by RU Joe; 08-25-2015 at 01:37 AM..
( Click to show/hide )