Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 07-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Football season's starting

Many leagues are starting a fresh new season this month. I know the Mexican league is already on the second week. The big game is today is Chivas VS Manchester United, in a friendly international match up. This is part of Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez's contract to play at Man. United. It also serves as a goodbye to a great player from his team and country and as a bonus Chivas gets to break in their new field.

FIFA.com - Speedy Hernandez ready to race in red
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Football season's starting

Oh, you meant soccer.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

Say "futball" if you mean soccer.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Sure buddy. You should know by now that I call your favorite sport gridiron or american football.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I guess I'm not the only one who misunderstood.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

"Futbol" sounds much cooler than "Soccer". I get pumped for the World Cup, but that's about it. I will be keeping my eye on Hernandez, though. He showed some serious talent this summer. What is he, like 19 years old?
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Sure buddy. You should know by now that I call your favorite sport gridiron or american football.
So you call cockfighting by the name "american football", but it doesn't involve a ball or have anything in common with football.

Actually, I am against cockfighting, but that is beside the point.

On topic:

I sort of enjoy watching football {of either kind}, but I don't get into it like some people do, and I rarely watch exhibition matches, mostly playoffs, rivalry games, championships and whatnot.

Rugby is better anyway:
It's similar to American football, but there is more violence and less pads. Oh, and I'm pretty sure professional rugby players are in even better shape than football players, for the fact that they have to sustain the hits with no protection.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

I've always been interested in rugby but I don't know the rules. So when I watch a match, I don't know what's going on. I know when they score they have to run the ball past the goal line or drop kick it between the poles. But other than that I don't know what's up with the massive huddles for control of the ball.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
I've always been interested in rugby but I don't know the rules. So when I watch a match, I don't know what's going on. I know when they score they have to run the ball past the goal line or drop kick it between the poles. But other than that I don't know what's up with the massive huddles for control of the ball.
Totally agree. If I knew the specific rules I'd find rugby much more entertaining.
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Rules of Rugby

...."MOVING THE ....BALL
.... ....There is no blocking in rugby. Rugby ....does not have downs, and a team is not required to reach 10 yards ....and stop. Play is continuous like soccer. The person with the ball ....leads the attack. In rugby there are several ways to move the ball. ....Any player may carry, pass or kick the ball. Play is not stopped ....and continues when the ball hits the ground or when a player is ....tackled. The ball carrier must release the ball when tackled and ....roll out of the way so that other players on their feet can play ....the ball.
....Running: ....When running the ball, players may continue to run until they are ....tackled, step out of bounds or run beyond the goal line (see scoring ....a try). Players run the ball to advance toward the opponent's goal ....line.
....Passing: ....The ball may be passed to any other player. However, it may only ....be passed laterally or backward, never forward. Players pass the ....ball to an open teammate to keep it in play and further advance ....it.
....Kicking: ....Any player may kick the ball forward at any time. Once the ball ....is kicked, players of either team, regardless of whether or not ....the ball hits the ground, may gain possession. Players typically ....kick the ball to a teammate in an effort to advance it or to the ....opposing team to obtain relief from poor field position."

This explains the huddles, basically either side can gain position at any time.

.... .... .... .... ....
There is more at the link I posted.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

Thanks for the info DM
Old 08-04-2010, 02:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

You're welcome.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

Now that's a celebration!

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmHTG5H_OgQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Kevin Glenn 11 yard touchdown pass to Dave Stala soccer celebration - July 31, 2010‬‎[/ame]

---------- Post added 08-11-2010 at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-05-2010 at 01:57 PM ----------

Watch Spain in their first game since being crowned champions of the world. Watch it live here

México vs España | Partido en Vivo GRATIS | Univision Fútbol
Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

So the UEFA Champions has started right? Who's your personal favorite to win it this year?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqBvNYnAXBw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Golazo a lo Maradona de una japonesa / Maradona's Goal from Japanese[/ame]