Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Are you going to see The Expendables in the theater?
YESSS! This will be a blood bath!!! 16 72.73%
No. I only watch action movies where the male hero is vulnerable and cries the whole film. 0 0%
Yes. I am a manly man and will watch a film about other manly men killing everyone else. 8 36.36%
No. I am a girly man and not manly enough. I would probably die while watching it. 1 4.55%
Yes. I am a woman, but I like films about manly men. 0 0%
Maybe. I am under 17, but I will wear a false mustache and try to sneak in. 1 4.55%
No. I am a woman, but I will watch the new Julia Roberts movie instead. Killing is wrong. 0 0%
No. I am a man, but I only watch Julia Roberts films. (See # 4) 1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The Expendables...

The Expendables comes out this Friday, August-13-2010. Who's going to see it. I know I am. This promises to be one of the most intense action movies in awhile.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
622 posts
Gamenguru play's well with othersGamenguru play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 631 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Re: The Expendables...

Cool thread, Bagel. You know I'll be there.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

I'll watch it but not till a week later. I don't like the crowded theater.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
I'll watch it but not till a week later. I don't like the crowded theater.
You don't have to see it this weekend, but it's good that you are manly enough that you plan to watch it.

I used to watch all the old 80's action movies growing up and this is supposed to really hearken back to those days.

The cast rocks too. With Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Gary Daniels, Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Eric Roberts, Terry Crews, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Bruce Willis!!! There is going to be killing galore.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

By the way, Joz. Don't forget to vote.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

thanks WB. I had forgotten to vote. oh and by the ways

( Click to show/hide )
BLOOD BATH!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
thanks WB. I had forgotten to vote. oh and by the ways

( Click to show/hide )
BLOOD BATH!!!

Excellent! Always remember to exercise your right to vote.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I've been waiting for this movie since the first previews. There's no way I can miss this one. After this movie I'm waiting for Machette, uber epic.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I've been waiting for this movie since the first previews. There's no way I can miss this one. After this movie I'm waiting for Machette, uber epic.
Me too bro. I can't wait. I am going to see is on Saturday with a bunch of friends. It looks great! Machete looks sweet too.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

I've heard good things about it, can't wait to see it.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawlmaster12344 View Post
I've heard good things about it, can't wait to see it.
Yeah, and the cool thing is Stallone knows how to direct action. Look at the awesome sequences in Rambo. This movie should rock, and be full of hardcore violence. In an era of almost every movie being PG-13, I think it's great for someone to do an R rated action movie again.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
This movie should rock, and be full of hardcore violence. In an era of almost every movie being PG-13, I think it's great for someone to do an R rated action movie again.

If an action movie ain't rated R then it's lacking in action I would say. I fancy myself a bit of the ol' ultra violence.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
If an action movie ain't rated R then it's lacking in action I would say. I fancy myself a bit of the ol' ultra violence.
Me too buddy. Me too. It was great in the 80's because you could do much more than today. Now everything has to be kid friendly.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

I've never even heard of this movie.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I was taken back just a few days ago when i first heard of it, barely any promotion it seems.

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Anyways i won't be going to see it, I never go see anything. last time I went to the theater was for the Dark Knight.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Weird. I figured everyone had heard about it by now. For those who may have missed it, here is the trailer (maybe some NSFW):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFXGxhyRDo]YouTube - The Expendables - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

In this topic we find out that Tenser and steven apparently live in caves. Possibly the same one.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

Quote:
In this topic we find out that Tenser and steven apparently live in caves. Possibly the same one.

Coober Pedy, Austrailia perhaps?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Count me in. I've been waiting for this movie for a long time.
TMT Raps

Quote:
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Donor
162 posts
Bluej is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,363, Level: 26 Points: 10,363, Level: 26 Points: 10,363, Level: 26
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 287 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

This is going to be an awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it.

I meant to vote also: Yes. I am a woman, but I like films about manly men plus who doesn't like a good blood bath.

Last edited by Bluej; 08-11-2010 at 10:44 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Coober Pedy, Austrailia perhaps?
Perhaps but I'm betting it's something less cool.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Looks retarded, I'll pass.

@DB: Where would I have heard of this before? On the TV that I don't watch, the theatres I don't go to, or the movie sites I don't visit? You know I don't follow mindless pop culture crap.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Donor
162 posts
Bluej is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,363, Level: 26 Points: 10,363, Level: 26 Points: 10,363, Level: 26
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 287 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

Hey, could someone change my vote to 1 and 5.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

@Tenser- The movie is supposed to be a stupid action flick. If you don't like those then of course this won't be for you.
I know you supposedly have this problem with visual media but I figured you might've seen it somewhere considering how saturated the advertising is. I've seen it advertised on plenty of major websites like Youtube as well as on TV and stuff.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Yeah. It isn't trying to be a modern masterpiece. It's a throwback to all the good old 80's action movie. It's just supposed to be a good time.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

It's going to be epic for sure