Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Political Correctness = Equality?
Yes 0 0%
No 10 100.00%
Afraid to say because it may not be PC 0 0%
Other {please specify} 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2015, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

#Equality and the poison of Political Correctness

'Before I greet you, I would first like to apologize if greetings offend your race/ religion/ culture.
Secondly, I would like to apologize if apologies offend your race/ religion/ culture..'

Sometime later we may approach something that resembles saying 'hello'.
That is, if you don't slip up and say something the listener decides to be offended by.

^
This is not the kind of world we want to live in, where thinking is a crime and every word you say is being measured against an ever - increasing no - go list of words and phrases.
Or else.

By saying this, I am not indirectly suggesting that people should go around deliberately trying to offend people.
All I am saying is that if we don't find a way to challenge this Political Correctness brainwashing which seems to be infecting common speech, Freedom of Speech will become a thing of the past, and this could be our future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM-HJT8_esM
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: #Equality and the poison of Political Correctness

( Click to show/hide )
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-06-2015, 04:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

( Click to show/hide )
Old 02-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Donor
Game Mod
326 posts
Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Krendall has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,567, Level: 24 Points: 8,567, Level: 24 Points: 8,567, Level: 24
Level up: 65%
Level up: 65%, 283 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

The problem is we seem to live in this world where being offended is the most horrible thing that can happen to you. Even worse, "deal with it" isn't even an option, we should run to some authority figure (ultimately some government official) to "fix" things so it won't happen again.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

+1 (+1/-0)     

The problem is where's the line? Who gets to decide what's politically correct and what's just correct? A lot of times I notice that the people who complain about PC stuff are just looking for a free pass to be a douche.

Comments

Yes, yes, and doubly yes on the last point
Old 02-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

The problem is the professional victims. There are literally people who earn a living by being victims. They bait people with ridiculous retarded sjw stuff, then use the blowback they receive as proof of how much of a victim they are, and then casually link to their patreon. They don't actually do anything to earn this money besides screaming foul at every ridiculous oppurtunity. There are impressionable people out there like who buy into their shit, and it is profitable for them. As an aside to the ones that actually earn money, there are countless others that just do it for free as a pastime. They are usually overweight females with pastel coloured hair.

That's the real reason the line is so grey as to the difference between criticism and harrasment, because to these people it's all harrasment. They are some of the most disgusting people on the planet, making more and more social issues as a hobby.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 02-06-2015 at 02:22 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

I was thinking about this some more and I think PC language is the evolution of things like "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" or just being classy/tactful when in mixed company. I think this is partially because of how connected we all are now, we can instantly see these things that outrage us. Years ago you'd hear rumors or second hand accounts and it just didn't have the same impact, if it was believed at all. Now when someone says something tasteless or rude it's splashed across facebook/reddit/fox news/ect and within an hour thousands of people have read it and commented on it. Well not Fox news since their fans are so rabid they have to close all the comment sections pretty quickly if they open them at all.

I see it as the language revolution(evolution?). People aren't trapped in their cultural bubbles anymore and they're pushing back. A lot of people go too far though and they try to fall back on free speech. Well free speech is great and important but it's not consequence free. If you say something offensive it will probably bite you in the ass. Just like if you say something offensive in person you might get punched in the mouth. Even the damn pope said he'd punch someone in the mouth for talking about his mother, no joke.

JG brings up thought crime, is that really the same as PC language? As far as I know there's no way to read thoughts, yet. If you think something offensive it's all good but if you decide to speak or write it you have to accept that there will be consequences. For example I feel strongly that we should use military force if we have to in order to stop whaling and poaching of endangered animals. I know that is not a popular opinion but I said it anyways(previously somewhere on RU) because I live in a country that allows free speech and I'm not a politician. Also I doubt any Japanese/Russian/African/ect poachers read RU.

What about hate speech, should that be ok in the public realm? Should there be any limit at all? Where's the line? It can't be anything goes.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

The internet needs to be thought of as a fantasy land in a way. I remember when I first got on the internet about 20 years ago the coolest thing about it was being able to troll people with no worry of repercussions or reputation. We'd literally find yahoo chats and just troll the living shit out of them. Nobody gave a crap because the odds of anyone finding out who anybody was irl was pretty much nil, and the odds they lived withing a 1000 km radius was slim.

The whole thing was a mentality that everyone understood. Getting told off or telling people off online never offended anybody, it was all just a game.

Now this new fad of getting offended has become popular but the whole damn thing is a facade. The practitioners of the fad are just causing trouble for everyone. Comments sections everywhere are heavily moderated, or just closed off entirely. Certain subs on reddit actually have the downvote button completely removed. A lot of youtube personalities have the comments and ranking system completely disabled, because yes, even offering a different opinion is harrassment to them.

It's sad.
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-07-2015, 03:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

^
Interesting side note: I read the person who made that cartoon got fired for it.
As a matter of fact I think it was a news article on Yahoo.ca.

DN, Popeye would most certainly punch the shit out of anyone who threatened Freedom of Speech, good call.

SC:
Quote:
They are usually overweight females with pastel coloured hair.
HEY!
That's racist!
Besides, what's wrong with overweight female .. oh, nevermind!
Quote:
The internet needs to be thought of as a fantasy land in a way.
Yeah but as Ten pointed out a while back it's best to watch what you say online now .. not to state things in absolutes .. clearly I'm a goner for my NWO rants already so I may as well keep on going now!

Before I continue I think it's important to understand that the language regarding what Freedom of Speech is has been muddled in the past couple of decades to the point where now people seem not to understand that it is the very backbone of every other Freedom, and therefore must be the most protected.

Political Correctness seeks to disable and kill Freedom of Speech by masquerading as Equality.
I mean REAL equality as in 'all men are created equal', not this new definition of the word which seems to mean 'being PC'
Wrap your head around it, if you don't they can use doublespeak like 'having to give up Freedoms for Liberty' to confuse you; by the way in case you didn't know, Freedom and Liberty are one and the same.

^ THIS is what I intend to bring to light - this attempt to confuse our ability to communicate, starting with the re - labeling and re - defining of words with the ultimate intent of changing their meaning.
Social programming, promoted and parroted through media such as the 'news', movies and TV, makes things such as 'being PC' the norm.
Monkey see, monkey do.
{* but not always; see the TV show 'Father Knows Best' - people knew about that one being nothing more than social programming and complained to the TV stations of the time}

I blame media {and most entertainment, basically} for most of what's wrong with the world today, but it's not peoples' fault; we are social animals and check our own levels of awareness as well as our sanity against each other.
So if your friends and family are all PC, chances are you will be too. {or not as the case may be}

Apparently in the EU they're calling political correctness 'being Progressive'.
Whatever it is called, it amounts to a policing of peoples' thoughts with the end result of certain groups of people being elevated socially to a place where any perceived criticism of them is fast becoming a crime.

Choosing to be offended could be profitable, I imagine.
Like insurance scams, all they would have to do is lay out their trap then find a victim.

Political Correctness is a de - evolution in our level of modern communication, a stepping back and allowing Freedom of Speech to have special conditions imposed on it for no good reason - and I mean that - there is no good that can come of making some 'more equal' than others and that is precisely what it {political correctness} does.
Furthermore if Freedom of Speech becomes any more limited than it already has it will cease to be what it is and will have become something much, much less.
I think:

'Knowing acceptance and repetition of lies as truths, in fear of being labelled non - PC and possibly getting sent to jail for it'

has a nice ring to it, what do you guys think?

I think the social networks' anonymity makes trolling of people not deemed 'politically correct' very easy, and in my opinion it is that 'shaming' of people not yet progressive enough or whatever it happens to be called at a given time/ place which has given rise to its {PC/ progressiveness} widespread acceptance and .. enforcement?
Try typing something like

'9/11 was an inside job'

on one of the networks and watch the troll/ hate/ death responses fly, that's the kind of thing I'm getting at.
How DARE you think something different than what the other people here are thinking!
{where: what other ppl are 'thinking' basically is the latest headline/ update to 'being PC' as posted in recent memory on the net}

IN short, people play along and adopt the new limits on their expression as they arise not only out of fear of being shouted down and labelled as a racist {most typically used label} or similar, but also to be 'with it', keeping up with the times.
Like when 'Black' people suddenly became 'African American' {and for a short time after Obama came in it was 'Prez'} but now to call an African American 'Black' is almost always considered racist .. unless you happen to BE an African American, in which case you can use the 'N' - word and no one bats an eye ..

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE??
I'm not saying I want to be granted the right to call AM's the 'N' word, but look at the plain - faced ridiculousness of this situation in general = and I've even heard this from AM's themselves too!!
Please don't think I'm focusing on this issue in particular but it is indicative of the point I am trying to make regarding PC in general, and proves what a MIND - FUCK Political Correctness really is!

Remember the Jerk {we've all ran into him at least once}

He relies on online anonymity so he can be offensive and get away with it.
Maybe he's a real racist too, but should we defend his right to speak his mind regardless?
As I understand it, 'we' have no choice, because if we don't defend others' rights to Freedom of Speech then we may lose our own.
Sad but true, but this brings us to where 'the line' is really drawn:

What is acceptable, and what is not? - it depends on who you ask what part of the world they're from, what predominant factors exist there, what kind of government, what majority religion, etc.

For example, if we lived in Saudi Arabia it probably wouldn't seem out of place to see people being beaten/ killed for things such as being accused of practicing witchcraft.
While such a charge seems ludicrous to most of us here in the NAU, we have to accept the reality that if people can be killed on suspicion of being a witch {there} then I think it follows easily to believe that Freedom of Speech is likely nonexistent in that part of the world .. yet it is that very kind of mentality that Political Correctness seems to defend most of all.
Why is that?

( Click to show/hide )
By the way not to scare you guys but last I saw, still images can be captured from your brain.
Given the fact they've been able to remote - control moths while seeing through the insect's eyes in real time for years now .. my guess is they'll be reading our thoughts in detail soon enough.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Lol, correction/ clarification: I intended to use the abbreviation 'AA' for 'African Americans', but mistakenly put 'AM'
This proves that Political Correctness rots your mind!
You guys know what I mean anyway.
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

She (the comic artist) was a supporter of the gamergate movement, anti gg'ers doxed her and contacted her employer and spread lies about her to them. She was fired, then after GG supporters contacted her employer and told the truth they rehired her.
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-09-2015, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
She (the comic artist) was a supporter of the gamergate movement, anti gg'ers doxed her and contacted her employer and spread lies about her to them. She was fired, then after GG supporters contacted her employer and told the truth they rehired her.
To me, this incident supports my notion that social network trolling can influence peoples' lives IRL.
What's worse is I read once that people sometimes create fake accounts/ have bots to create fake accounts to maximize influence .. I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't doubt it.

I FORGOT to say earlier that, although I'm pointing out the problems associated with political correctness I neglected to state that in its place, I believe in peace on earth and good will toward all.
I believe we can learn to respect each other on a mutually beneficial scale without the need for mind control devices like political correctness.
As I've said before, I went to school with an international mix of classmates and we simply regarded each other as kids and got along just fine in those years before PC came along.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
George Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,197, Level: 10 Points: 1,197, Level: 10 Points: 1,197, Level: 10
Level up: 49%
Level up: 49%, 103 Points needed Level up: 49% Level up: 49%

Well I am more personally on the PC side, but I had to vote no because all the political correctness in the world isn't going to make equality. Now if you said does being politically correct equal tolerance, than we have an arguable issue.
I'm for whatever a person wants to be called. So if a red head gets offended by being called ginger or carrot head, than by all means I won't call them that.
P.C. is an interesting thing. For instance I made the mistake a few years back of calling a deaf person hearing impaired. The deaf community actually prefers the term deaf over hearing impaired.
Than there is what they used to call a mentally challenged person. They used to be called imbecils, but that became a negative connotation, and so they change it to the term of retarded. As luck would have it though the P.C. term retarded is now the negative term. So much so that you are more likely to get away with calling a person an imbicile, than you would by calling them retarded.
So for me I don't see it as a big deal. If the shriners want to be called the grand poobas, than more power to them, and I'll call them the grand poobas.

Last edited by George Riley; 02-09-2015 at 08:52 AM..
Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
593 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,473, Level: 23 Points: 7,473, Level: 23 Points: 7,473, Level: 23
Level up: 28%
Level up: 28%, 577 Points needed Level up: 28% Level up: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Riley View Post
*snip*
Than there is what they used to call a mentally challenged person. They used to be called imbecils, but that became a negative connotation, and so they change it to the term of retarded. As luck would have it though the P.C. term retarded is now the negative term. So much so that you are more likely to get away with calling a person an imbicile, than you would by calling them retarded.
*double snip*
This is one thing that's always popped into my head when I think about political correctness. No matter what changes you make, once some time passes people are just going to get offended at the new term.
Hell, there was an article the other day I read (the one where the kid got suspended for pretending to have the one ring from LotR) and it said that he'd also been suspended for calling another student "black". Wasn't 'black' supposed to be the PC term? I suppose there's African American. Although everyone I've talked to that was african american was like "Dude, just say black. It sounds too forced." I feel like we're hitting a point where they keep trying to update what the "pc" term is and some people are getting generally annoyed with it.
And don't even get me started on "Person of Colour" which seems to be the PC blanket statement for anyone who's not white which I feel has done nothing but create much more of a Us/Them mentality. blah. Just blah.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Retarded has fallen out of favor because it became almost strictly an insult. Would you want your handicapped kid to be called a name that people toss around as a casual insult?

As for black vs african american, - not every black person came from Africa. Black isn't used as an insult unless you hang out with racists.

I hate the term person of color. We're all colored unless we're albino. It sounds too much like colored person and that is usually a "soft" insult.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
As for black vs african american, - not every black person came from Africa.
And not every black person is American. Of all the common PC words, African American is probably the dumbest.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
322 posts
psimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the darkpsimaster glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,156, Level: 20 Points: 5,156, Level: 20 Points: 5,156, Level: 20
Level up: 46%
Level up: 46%, 594 Points needed Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

+1 (+1/-0)     

You guys remember that one Rick and Morty scene? The one about the telescope?
http://youtu.be/eOBoKxEcVAA
This fits in the thread, right?

Comments

Great scene, great show
Old 02-10-2015, 01:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RL, thanks for your further confirmation that even African Americans think the PC terms applied to them are ridiculous.
I think it's important that all people thinking these things state so in a way that will be noticed; by bringing such issues to light it often helps to facilitate change.
You mentioned something about the term 'imbecile' and it brought this to mind; the relation being that it was the same people who came up with the concept of political correctness.
Here's a page from a 1930's Eugenics book, showing what the 1% 'elites', our ruling class really think of us, and exactly how it breaks down:

Ok?
How do those labels make you feel?
Personally I can't look at that thing without becoming furious at the knowledge that people could hold such narcissistic views.

DB, Kong, thanks for pointing out those differences between people actually from Africa, Americans, and those who are real African Americans.
Again I would like to add that this is also proves the ridiculousness of the whole PC mentality.
None of it seems to roll off the tongue very nicely, not to mention having to tiptoe on eggshells - who likes to feel that way?

This came to mind, and it is VERY non - PC, so brace yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAj6cXHrWdQ

R.I.P. George, man do I miss you sometimes.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Correction, my mistake:
GR, it was you who mentioned the label 'imbecile', not RL.
In any event I am glad you did bring it up since it was that very thing which reminded me of that George Carlin video and the eugenics thing as well.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Hasn't political correctness always existed? During the old days one had to be PC towards the powerful elite (i.e. white Christian men) and not offend them, yet now their descendants complain about it. Isn't that ironic?
Old 02-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Political Correctness is not equality but both have their place, I think.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

My position is that we shouldn't be too sensitive, and be able to criticize the negative aspects of any group, but we shouldn't promote bigotry wherein we criticize others' faults while we ignore our own. Don't be too easily offended, but don't too easily offend either.

Also, while we often believe that political correctness is a "leftist" problem, it's also at least as much a "rightist" one.