Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Equal rights never looked so good.

National Topless Day Venice Beach.. Equality or Immorality? - CNN iReport
Quote:
In Venice Beach, California, over 200 women & over 50 men gathered to celebrate the 3rd Annual National Topless Day
The attention they received however, was not with out opposition. A few Christian men gathered to protest against the women's display of indecency
The group marched for gender equality... freedom for women to "Go Topless." The women want to be able to bare their breasts in the same public places as men; including, and especially at the beaches. In 1975 Venice beach was the most popular "Bare it all Beaches" in Los Angeles County. Now Public nudity is illegal at all Los Angeles county beaches.
Do you think women should have the right to go topless in the same places men can? It used to be legal on the Venice beaches but obviously it was overruled by morality laws. From the article it seems most onlookers were supportive of the cause but some christian protesters showed up and turned it into a heated, pointless debate about sin and indecency.

Other parts of the world have nude beaches and they're doing just fine, why not the US?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Re: Equal rights never looked so good.

Why is it indecent? I mean, I don't really understand the difference between either gender going topless, or nude to beaches for that matter, it's biology, everyone has a chest, some people just have slightly larger ones than others do
It's just one of the strage hang ups that the US has, "Land of the Free" could stand a little more freedom when it comes to thought process(not that I'm complaining, I love the US)
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

The reason some people have an issue with it is because it's so closely linked with sex. I understand that part but female breasts are supposed to be mainly about breastfeeding our children. I think we shouldn't act ashamed of our biology.

People in countries that have nude beaches say that it becomes old fast and it's not a big issue. The only reason it's such a big deal in the US is because we make it that way for religious/moral. Besides, plenty of women wear next to nothing on the beach anyways, it's not that big of a step imo.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I like boobs and I'd like it to stay that way, please keep your shirts on in public ladies.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Would you be against it at specific public nude beaches or is that too far? Does nude artwork in museums bother you at all or is that different? I'm directing this at steven but everyone feel free to answer if you want. I think it's interesting to see how people handle this issue.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Why not make it illegal for men to go topless as well?

In all seriousness though, I didn't realize it was an issue. It's legal in New York for women to go topless I just assumed the same was true elsewhere.

What about breastfeeding in public?

Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I've seen breastfeeding in public but it's usually still semi concealed. I think it should be fine but the woman should be aware of her surroundings. Whipping it out in supermarket is not cool, like a guy taking his shirt off isn't. There needs to be limits.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Nude beaches are fine, and in artwork the more breasts the merrier. I just don't want to see them all over downtown Ottawa because I'd think they lose their appeal.

Last edited by Dudebro; 08-31-2010 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: steven is naughty!
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I thought it was winter year round up there, who'd wanna be bare chested anyways?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

And since your women are all fat whales, I guess nobody really want's anyone bare chested.

Comments

kong on Bronies:

Old 08-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

You should come check out the US women sometime I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I was half serious with my joke comment, isn't it damn cold up there a lot?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

I'm actually further south than a lot of U.S. states, the ones that border Canada anyway. That being said, the closer to the north pole you get the colder it gets obviously , 95% (shot in the dark) of Canadians are nowhere near perpetual cold, and we cycle through the seasons normally, we had like a month straight of 90-110 degrees this summer.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Most major cities in Canada have a climate pretty much that same as Boston, for that matter it was damn cold in Boston the time i visited.
kong on Bronies:

Old 08-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I know some parts aren't as cold but I lived in central Maine for a few years and the summer season is only like a month long. I figured most of Canada is similar. It's good to hear it's possible for your women to wear bikinis!

Yeah Boston can get really cold but we have a strong summer season that is unbearable at times with the humidity. I think it's the jetstream dumping everything on us.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Nude beaches are fine, and in artwork the more breasts the merrier. I just don't want to see them all over downtown Ottawa because I'd think they lose their appeal.
Come on man. Boobs will never lose their appeal. I've been watching all sorts of adult magazines and video since I was a pre-teen and I still love seeing them. Besides, it's not like all the women would go around walking topless.

Last edited by Dudebro; 08-31-2010 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: edited quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Just the BBWs.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I never got why it was okay for men to be shirtless and not women. It just doesn't make a bit of sense. Breasts aren't reproductive organs, so why should they have to be covered. For some reason men only need to cover reproductive organs, so what's the difference? Like DB said, we shouldn't be ashamed of our biology. You don't see monkeys, hippos, cows and giraffes covering up their mammary glands.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Come on man. Boobs will never lose their appeal. I've been watching all sorts of adult magazines and video since I was a pre-teen and I still love seeing them. Besides, it's not like all the women would go around walking topless.
Yes but if you can't tell the difference between images and real life than you haven't seen them in real life.
kong on Bronies:

Old 08-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

@ steven- are you trying to imply I'm some sort of virgin? of course I can tell the difference. I actually do see boobs everyday and I haven't gotten tired of them one bit.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Yes but you see the same set everyday, other sets are still nice to look at, if you saw different sets 300 times a day in real life, you wouldn't care anymore. This is all speculation, and maybe I wouldn't get bored, but that's not a risk I'm willing to take. Keep em covered ladies, get rid of all the bras for sure, but keep em covered.
kong on Bronies:

Old 08-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
6,651 posts
View Stats

I know what you're getting at. But like I said, it's not like all the women out there are going to be shirtless 24/7. Most women would probably leave their breasts to your imagination, so you'll be safe from the boredom.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

@DB: Steven already pretty much said it but that is a general misconception by the states, one of the biggest reasons being that the states doesn't get taught much about us, or even at all possibly. Generally, it's alright here.

I would not say it's normal seasons where I used to live but it was actually very random. Sometimes we'd get 8 straight months of snow (however little or large amounts), and other times we'd get like 4 months or less of snow.

Other years such as this last was really screwed up. If I recall, it didn't snow until november which is odd (usually we had some by halloween every other year). Then the snow melted for a week or two and came back in december and stayed until I think late january or early febuary, then the snow was gone for almost 2 months and decided to come back for a week or two. By this time in the year all the snow would melt by the end of the daythen snow again in a few days. The biggest shock this year was when there was a blizzard out of no where in early may of all things when we had no snow for ages since the last. Luckily it laste donly like 3 days. It's what we call a chinook which is an on and off Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold, etc. winter.

It probably all sounds extreme to some of you but generally it snows in early october-late novemember and lasted until March usually. This was in central area of canada...ish... But I should mention the fact that even here we had very hot days, especially in the summer that could reach like 25-35 degrees Celcius (somewhere around 80-100 F but that is a pure guess on my part)

Where I live now is extremely close to the states. I can't vouch for how it is but apparently we only get maybe 1-3 weeks of snow a year and otherwise it rains a lot.

Edit: Let's just say that we can still take the cold better than you guys, when my family went to the states for disneyland, Six flags, etc. a few years back. It was like 10-20 degrees C while we were there and we were walking around in shorts while everyone stared at us like we were crazy because they were in light coats and long pants.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 08-27-2010 at 06:28 PM..
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Breasts aren't reproductive organs
Well technically they are since breastfeeding is part of the reproductive cycle.

@Cam- you wrote all that and not one comment on the topic itself?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

This is effecting the states. I don't know what to say, I never saw the point in the rule anyways but now that it's been habit for hundreds of years I think it would be strange for both genders for decades to come since it's never been legal before... strange isn't really the word but I can't figure out the right word.

That's about all I'm thinking on the topic. Even so, I never see even shirtless guys around the city where I live, either that or I just never noticed, because I'm not attracted to guys . Pretty sure the only area it would effect for me personally is the lake when people are swimming/boating/etc. if it was to be in effect here.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 08-27-2010 at 11:39 PM..
Old 08-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I never saw the point in the rule anyways but now that it's been habit for hundreds of years I think it would be strange for both genders for decades to come since it's never been legal before
But it hasn't been this way for hundreds of years. It was legal 35 years ago in the place they're protesting about. Besides that it's been legal for a long time in many places around the world with no issues. Some countries even allow nude breasts on regular TV(at night only though I think).
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Yayyyyyy bewbs.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.