Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 665 USD (27%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 01-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 95,325, Level: 62 Points: 95,325, Level: 62 Points: 95,325, Level: 62
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 15,425 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Dragon Ball Hoshi

A friend linked me it, 100% real. Akira Toriyama alongside Naho Ooishi made this series.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
969 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,396, Level: 23 Points: 7,396, Level: 23 Points: 7,396, Level: 23
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 654 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Re: Dragon Ball Hoshi

thats cool, but what direction are they taking it? are they following bardock in a time paradox? or is it just parts that weren't shown in father of goku? and hes super sayian? im sorry you'll have to explain it to me, i cant sit through it because of subtitles
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

ʕ∑͡ᴥ∑ʔ
Old 01-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I haven't watched it yet but I think it's gonna tell what happened to Bardock after Frieza thought he killed him.

Supposed to have a new SS4 and now SS5.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,992 posts
Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 39
Points: 26,482, Level: 39 Points: 26,482, Level: 39 Points: 26,482, Level: 39
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 468 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

I'm pretty sure this is fake. I've heard about this for over a year now and everyone has told me its fake

(NSFW)

Apparently it's based off of Dragon Ball Heroes which is a video game/arcade trading card game or something.

I think what you are talking about Tails, is:
Dragon Ball SSSS - Dragon Ball Wiki
Quote:
This project has been conceived "In order to take the first step towards new developments and further expansions of the Dragon Ball titles." More concretely, projects included the online and free streaming of the movie Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans on V-Jump's website and the anime adaptation of Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, also streamed online and free in December 2011.
Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock - Dragon Ball Wiki

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 01-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,526 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 90,005, Level: 61 Points: 90,005, Level: 61 Points: 90,005, Level: 61
Level up: 98%
Level up: 98%, 545 Points needed Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Are they gonna have ten minute long scenes of them yelling and stuff? Those are pretty amusing.

Best gif ever.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
969 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

oh, that sound interesting, i hope it wont be canon. A what if scenario sounds more interesting to me... but ill have to watch it once its dubbed so i can get a full grasp and decide...

@ DB

Last edited by KATZ; 01-21-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,992 posts
Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Stink Buttercrotch has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Are they gonna have ten minute long scenes of them yelling and stuff? Those are pretty amusing.
But those are the best parts!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,526 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I wasn't being sarcastic I think those parts are funny. It's funny like a fight scene from Star Trek the original series.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
969 posts
View Stats

ok, so i did some researching on this and found that chrispy is right, and this episode is based from the game, dragonball heros which i come to my main point.... you can play as a female super saiyan......... female saiyans cant do that......... MUST KILL THE ABOMINATION
Old 01-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
View Stats

If you think about it, how many Female Saiyans exist besides 1/4 Blood Pan?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
969 posts
View Stats

ive only seen 2 besides pan
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
View Stats

Were they not alive when Bardock was 'still in this time'?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,526 posts
View Stats

Is there a good reason why females can't do that or is it just some dumb cultural thing?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,992 posts
View Stats

@DB- I don't know, it's just that all the Saiyans' had sons

The only female saiyans I know are Pan and Vegeta/Bulma's daughter (forgot her name)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,526 posts
View Stats

I bet you guys wish this was released in English-
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Is there a good reason why females can't do that or is it just some dumb cultural thing?
The only reason was that Toriyama couldn't design a female saiyan thatvisually conveyed the apperence of strength without making them look like men, so it's not cannonicallt a male thing, but just has no recorded female instances.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,526 posts
View Stats

That sounds pretty reasonable. From my perspective all the guys look extremely similar anyways. Even when they designed characters in Dragon Quest games they looked like they were Gokus relatives.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,561 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
@DB- I don't know, it's just that all the Saiyans' had sons

The only female saiyans I know are Pan and Vegeta/Bulma's daughter (forgot her name)
Bulla or something.

I forgot about her. Could be due to not watching DBGT a lot.

In the bardock movie there is female saiyans as well.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Quote:
They're the only reason I ever enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball was pretty good, though.

Quote:
That sounds pretty reasonable. From my perspective all the guys look extremely similar anyways. Even when they designed characters in Dragon Quest games they looked like they were Gokus relatives.
Look at Chrono from Chrono Trigger, he looks very similar to Goku. Toriyama is very bad at coming up with unique designs. The only characters from DBZ that look different that I can think of off the top of my head are Mr.Satan/Hercule, Buu, Cell, Freiza and Piccolo. Basically, the characters that don't look as human as Goku does and Mr.Satan/Hercule.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
5,992 posts
View Stats

@DB- They've been working on a DBZ mmorpg for a while now. It's called Dragon Ball Online, but it hasn't been released internationally for some reason.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,117 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,464, Level: 11 Points: 1,464, Level: 11 Points: 1,464, Level: 11
Level up: 82%
Level up: 82%, 36 Points needed Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Sounds interesting to say the least. Could be because of shifts in fan base.
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Just for clarification, I meant to type "super saiyan", to explain why there aren't any female Super Saiyans.