Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 10-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Disney songs

For me, Disney songs play a big part in my life, at least the classic ones do. Ones like One Jump, Be Prepared, I can't just wait to be King, I'll make a man out've you, Son of Man, and many others are songs that I still listen to even now a lot.

Phineas and Ferb is an example of a current Disney show with great songs as well.

What is your favorite Disney song?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Re: Disney songs

I don't really have a favorite but a few of my favorites are:
Be Prepared (Lion King)
I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)
Prince Ali (Aladdin)
Never Had a Friend Like Me (Aladdin)
One Last Hope (Hercules)
Go the Distance (Hercules)
One Jump Ahead (Aladdin)

And one that I really liked from a recent Disney movie (Princess and the Frog) was My Friends on the Other Side. Tangled also had a few good ones but I can't remember the names off the top of my head.

I like the more iconic ones too but they are too overplayed I just got bored of some of them

Last edited by CrispyChicken; 10-28-2013 at 12:09 AM..

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,941 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,779, Level: 29 Points: 12,779, Level: 29 Points: 12,779, Level: 29
Level up: 33%
Level up: 33%, 671 Points needed Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

I love the Lion King's entire soundtrack... Aladdin's A Whole New World and Friend Like Me was awesome too.. Ratigan was my least favorite along with Gaston l3
Old 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

By Disney? This'd be my favorite movie, moment, and song.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Up was by Pixar which I think technically is different from Disney. Disney Studios makes the classic Disney movies like Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, Aladdin, etc. I think they are two different companies that work under Disney.

Aside from that tangent, I thought Up was one of the best Pixar movies. Easily top 3.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I've never been much of a Disney fan but as a kid I liked some of the songs like a few of the Aladdin ones(I can still recite from memory) and Lion King. Other than that I always found them corny and sappy.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
60 posts
Mechtech play's well with othersMechtech play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 412, Level: 4 Points: 412, Level: 4 Points: 412, Level: 4
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 38 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%

I hated their songs when I was a kid all I wanted to do is watch and see how the storyline plays which is following how the book goes..well some of it. But then they do something different by adding awful songs in. As a kid I was just embarrassed whenever they sing and they even look even more foolish then ever as they dance around to no music and all that.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Yeah I also remember feeling embarrassed or like I wanted to cringe at most of the songs.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

A lot of people, especially kids my age, love Disney and a lot of kids think its fun/funny to sing the songs together or just out loud in general.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

You hear Satanic messages when you play Disney songs backwards.

( Click to show/hide )

My favorites are Tinker Bell, Ariel, and Snow White.

ON TOPIC:

It's no wonder Disney songs are so memorable since they hire professional songwriters to hone them to near musical perfection, so that they get stuck in your head to the point you find yourself singing a verse or two now and then.
It's even worse if you have kids, because then you're likely to be exposed to them even more.

I have to admit that the song 'Les Poissons' from The Little Mermaid comes to mind every time I cook fish.

' ... Les poissons, les poissons, hee hee hee - haw haw haw! with the cleaver I hack them in two

I pull out what's inside and I serve it up fried, 'cause I love little fishes, don't you?'
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Why does Ariel have a fork for a hand?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Probably has something to do with Neptune's Trident.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Crispy:
Quote:
DN:
Quote:
Probably has something to do with Neptune's Trident.
In this case you're both wrong; the fork's significance to Ariel is that it was one of the objects from the 'Human world' she had stashed away {hidden from her father, King Triton} in her secret cavern.

Also, later in the movie as she was sitting waiting to have lunch with Prince Eric she mistakenly uses the fork as a comb, attempting to demonstrate her knowledge of Human culture .. only to become embarrassed when she gets odd looks from the people sitting at the table she puts it down again quickly.

Edit: I think she's holding the fork in her hand.

Comments

TY, haven't watch Little Mermaid in the longest.

Last edited by RU Joe; 10-28-2013 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: More
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

JG the fork might symbolize her transition to the human world while holding onto the sea world and her father. A small trident she doesn't know how to use. Makes sense to me.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
JG the fork might symbolize her transition to the human world while holding onto the sea world and her father. A small trident she doesn't know how to use. Makes sense to me.
Wow, this Little Mermaid thing is way, way 'deeper' than I originally thought.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 10-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62

Love the replies!

Yeah I really haven't seen little mermaid but I love the idea of the fork symbolizing holding onto her father.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

The Little Mermaid was the change in Disney movies from odd kid's cartoons to full on, big budget productions.

Before that were movies like The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and Oliver & Company. Good movies but you can certainly tell the difference in budgets.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,941 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,779, Level: 29 Points: 12,779, Level: 29 Points: 12,779, Level: 29
Level up: 33%
Level up: 33%, 671 Points needed Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Speaking of Oliver & Company, Why Should I Worry was pretty awesome too. Pretty big hit by Billy Joel
Old 10-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,899 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
The Little Mermaid was the change in Disney movies from odd kid's cartoons to full on, big budget productions.

Before that were movies like The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and Oliver & Company. Good movies but you can certainly tell the difference in budgets.
Can you be more specific? As far as I know they were big budget since Snow White, or at the very least Fantasia.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 10-29-2013 at 01:14 AM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
60 posts
Mechtech play's well with othersMechtech play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 412, Level: 4 Points: 412, Level: 4 Points: 412, Level: 4
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 38 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%

Oh yeah Why should I worry was a great song! Of course he's a real music artist .

Off Topic The book about the little mermaid Ariel cut off her own legs but i don't remember what she replace it with. As soon as the guy she was in love with saw what she look like he ended up leaving her and fell in love with another woman .Lots of other stuff in children books are really inappropriate so Disney had to changed stuff around but some of you know that most Disney films have lots of bad hidden stuff in it.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
View Stats

Some songs recently from Disney sure hit the spot like Let it go from Frozen.

Still a disney nut but it would be nice to hear what the newer members feel about disney.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

I don't think I've ever seen the Lion King 2 fully but He Lives in You is a great song from that. Been listening it to a lot recently.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken View Post
I don't think I've ever seen the Lion King 2 fully but He Lives in You is a great song from that. Been listening it to a lot recently.

The Lion King 'He Lives in You' Music Video - YouTube
I be thinking lion king should be showing up for movie night then.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
I be thinking lion king should be showing up for movie night then.
Sounds good

Old 09-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
King of the Mod Squad
Donor
Game Mod
Administrator
630 posts
krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,994, Level: 22 Points: 6,994, Level: 22 Points: 6,994, Level: 22
Level up: 68%
Level up: 68%, 256 Points needed Level up: 68% Level up: 68%

Now that I've got kids who watch (we did Princess & the Frog last night), I've started to remember how awesome some of these songs were. Anything from Mulan is great, especially Make a Man. I did like Let It Go, but I didn't care for Frozen as a movie very much. Little Mermaid really started it all with the fantastic musical numbers, unless you go way back to my all-time favorite, Mary Poppins. Still have that soundtrack in the car (right next to Metallica, Husker Du, some Johnny Cash, and Nightmare Before Christmas).