Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Night owl or morning person?
Night 13 59.09%
Day 4 18.18%
Whenever I roll out of bed is morning 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Day or Night?

Simple enough, are you a night owl or a morning person?

I've always been a night owl. For some reason I hate being up in the early morning hours. Even as a young kid I was always trying to stay up late and if I didn't get to I'd just lay awake in bed for hours(it seemed like hours at least).
Because of that I've always seen myself as the night watchman of RU. Even before I became a mod I was keeping tabs on the forum while those other pansies slept.

Last edited by Dudebro; 02-02-2010 at 02:19 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Re: Day or Night?

Night, however, I do like being up for some of the day.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Yeah I don't like missing the daylight, that's too much nighttime for me.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

im a full blown insomniac, the only time i get a decent sleep is if im drunk off my ass.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,252, Level: 10 Points: 1,252, Level: 10 Points: 1,252, Level: 10
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 48 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar

My familly is strange, with all the randomness.. I just end up crashing and then getting up later.. Most of the time im a night owl, but alot of the time im also up insanely early.. I have learned to sleep till Im up, and then use the energy to survive till thud time^^.

Strangly enough I have felt more rested sometimes during a 1-4 hour rest, than for longer 5- the rare12 hour crashes. any idea why this is? Is it because im a freak medically or is there a body function that sets this up?

Last edited by Belmontzar; 02-02-2010 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: spelling has bit the dust @.@
PAL CODES: 3DS; Zach 3496-9421-4636
PSN, skype, facebook, and imvu im Belmontzar
systems; ps3 ps vita, 3ds, ds, comp when it works
Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I've also had that happen where I sleep for an hour or so and felt revitalized for some reason. I think it has to do with the way you fall asleep. In that situation I knew I couldn't sleep for long so I was mentally prepared for it. If something wakes me up after an hour normally it's painful.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
View Stats

I wonder if anyone has done any studies.. Its possible that you get more rest VIA dreamless sleep.. I know if your dreaming you dont want to wake up or feel you cant for some reason.. (some nightmares suck..) anyone with scientific info, please stand up and give info please?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

No I doubt there's any evidence to getting more rest from dreamless sleep. I know there's been studies on limited or no sleep and the results are scary. People literally start to go crazy without REM sleep.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
View Stats

Actually evidence shows an increase in heart rate and body movement in certain dreams and in some individuals. Meaning your moving while sleeping. Its logical that if you dont dream while sleeping, you dont move, and thus you wakeup more rested and with more energy.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Yeah you might be more physically rested but you're not mentally rested and that's where the danger comes in. The human brain needs to sleep in order to function correctly. Even dolphins need to sleep, but they do it one hemisphere at a time because they're awesome.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
View Stats

yeah they are awesome like that. Its how they roll^^ LOL Im positive that the HHGTTG is right about dolphins being smarter than us..

not so sure on the mice being smarter though...
According to the guide book series humans are the third most intelligent, dolphins are second most, and Mice are the most..
Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I prefer to believe in the Star Trek theory that Whales are a super intelligent alien species and we better not mess with them.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
477 posts
View Stats

Whales and dolphins.. Well its ture that life DID come form the sea.. who knows whatelse lurks in the great body squishing deep?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

rare 12 hours? I always do them even 15 hours.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmontzar View Post
Whales and dolphins.. Well its ture that life DID come form the sea.. who knows whatelse lurks in the great body squishing deep?
I know and it's pretty damn scary
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Squid]Colossal Squid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
It has the biggest eye known to man, 12-16 inches across or more. Yeah I said eye not eyes for a reason. If I saw that swim by me I'd probably have a heart attack.

@Tails- too much sleep isn't good either.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

I like it though, sleep fights depression.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

No it doesn't. Depression causes irregular sleep patterns.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

It does, I read it in this book last week, someone me and Konata do all the time is sleep on it when we are depressed.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Sleeping is a way of avoiding what's actually depressing you. Besides clearing your head how can sleep help depression?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

clearing my head, let the thing that bothers you settle in a fade.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Well if sleep and clearing your head gets you past it you're not that depressed to begin with. I'd say that's more like being mad or upset. Depression isn't solved by sleeping, trust me.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

You should only sleep about six hours a night.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I need about eight to feel right. If I get 6-7 I still feel tired.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Depressed is basically pissed off/upset. At least for me.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I'm not trying to make light of your depression but it doesn't sound like what most people would consider serious. Everyone has downtimes, depression is usually much more intense and dangerous.