Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-31-2015, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

CW's The Flash

Does anyone else watch The Flash? Tonight's episode was fucking amazing. This is easily one of the best shows on TV right now.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 04-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Re: CW's The Flash

i need to catch up on it and Arrow
Old 04-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Arrow's been good this season but Flash has been significantly better imo.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 04-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Cant believe though that they got Mark Hamill to play the original Trickster, though lol. cant wait to see that episode
Old 04-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
Cant believe though that they got Mark Hamill to play the original Trickster, though lol. cant wait to see that episode
It was my favorite episode of the season. There are some epic quotes in there.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

That one was good but I still like Out of Time the best. Easily the greatest episode of the entire series so far. Didn't really like the stinger at the end of this episode, though.

[SPOILER]

We already know that Eobard is Harrison Wells because of the events of Out of Time + the end of this last episode, so it seemed like a waste, honestly.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 04-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
That one was good but I still like Out of Time the best. Easily the greatest episode of the entire series so far. Didn't really like the stinger at the end of this episode, though.

( Click to show/hide )

We already know that Eobard is Harrison Wells because of the events of Out of Time + the end of this last episode, so it seemed like a waste, honestly.
( Click to show/hide )
But it explains that the Wells we think we knew (and all the characters knew) has really been dead this whole time. Without that you could assume that Harrison Wells and Eobard Thawne are one person, when they are really two different people. Eobard just stole Wells' body. This also explains why the Reverse-Flash's blood wasn't a match. They were scanning Harrison Wells' blood, not Eobard Thawne's. Also makes much more sense now that the actor who plays Eobard actually looks like Eddie.

By the way, if you've seen the trailer for the rest of the season, Grodd is going to be in it again. Can't wait to see what they do with that, he looked pretty good in the trailer.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken View Post
( Click to show/hide )
But it explains that the Wells we think we knew (and all the characters knew) has really been dead this whole time. Without that you could assume that Harrison Wells and Eobard Thawne are one person, when they are really two different people. Eobard just stole Wells' body. This also explains why the Reverse-Flash's blood wasn't a match. They were scanning Harrison Wells' blood, not Eobard Thawne's. Also makes much more sense now that the actor who plays Eobard actually looks like Eddie.

By the way, if you've seen the trailer for the rest of the season, Grodd is going to be in it again. Can't wait to see what they do with that, he looked pretty good in the trailer.
( Click to show/hide )
No, I know that, I'm just saying because of the scene where it shows Eobard scanning Wells' DNA before the stinger, we know that the Harrison Wells we thought we knew had already been dead. It was a waste of a stinger. They could have had another stinger involving Grodd, or maybe something regarding Eobard talking to Gideon when he first started S.T.A.R. labs.

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 04-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Wait I don't remember that scene. Was that in this week's episode?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I'm not interested in this show but I wanted to post to voice my annoyance at how corny "reverse/anti flash" is. That's the best name DC could come up with? And no Dr Zoom isn't much better. That being said I wouldn't care at all if they'd just stop flooding my TV with commercials about it.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I'm not interested in this show but I wanted to post to voice my annoyance at how corny "reverse/anti flash" is. That's the best name DC could come up with? And no Dr Zoom isn't much better. That being said I wouldn't care at all if they'd just stop flooding my TV with commercials about it.
Haha. Well a lot of comics are very corny. And he was first introduced in the 1950's and I feel they were much less creative with names back then. That seems to be the biggest turnoff with people, they can't get past the cheesy-ness/corniness of these types of shows.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Comics are corny but DC is the corniest.
( Click to show/hide )
Old 04-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken View Post
Wait I don't remember that scene. Was that in this week's episode?
Yeah, it was a flashback Eobard / Harrison had. It showed the real Harrison driving with his fiance / wife / girlfriend and then the car accident Eobard set up, and then it showed Eobard stealing Harrison Well's DNA, with it ending with the real Harrison Wells dead on the ground and Eobard looking like Harrison Wells. So the stinger was pretty useless because we already know it's Eobard because of that scene.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Trust me, he's anything but corny as a villain.

And considering that he IS pretty much the Reverse / Anti Flash, I can't think of a more fitting name.

"I'm sorry, Cisco, I truly am but -- to me, you have been dead for centuries."

Old 04-05-2015, 02:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
Yeah, it was a flashback Eobard / Harrison had. It showed the real Harrison driving with his fiance / wife / girlfriend and then the car accident Eobard set up, and then it showed Eobard stealing Harrison Well's DNA, with it ending with the real Harrison Wells dead on the ground and Eobard looking like Harrison Wells. So the stinger was pretty useless because we already know it's Eobard because of that scene.
True at that point it's kinda beating a dead horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARLD

Trust me, he's anything but corny as a villain.

And considering that he IS pretty much the Reverse / Anti Flash, I can't think of a more fitting name.

"I'm sorry, Cisco, I truly am but -- to me, you have been dead for centuries."
Tom Cavanagh has done a great job. He really brings it every week.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I tried to like this show, but most of the cast, except the police detective, annoyed me. What frustrated me the most, besides the annoying "friends," was how the Flash never uses his powers well. If he hit his enemies at a very high speed, wouldn't the impact knock out the enemy in one hit? I didn't see the Trickster, though.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
I tried to like this show, but most of the cast, except the police detective, annoyed me. What frustrated me the most, besides the annoying "friends," was how the Flash never uses his powers well. If he hit his enemies at a very high speed, wouldn't the impact knock out the enemy in one hit? I didn't see the Trickster, though.
A lot of his enemies are just regular humans with powers, not regular humans with powers AND super durability, except for his childhood bully, where he did have to do exactly that just to knock him out because otherwise he would turn to steel.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

That's my point, though. If his enemies are weak, he can defeat them more easily, yet he spends half of the episode to find a new way to defeat the week's villain.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Well you have to remember it's a tv show and they have to fill time and give it some tension. If he just defeated everyone instantly the show would've been over in the first episode.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
That's my point, though. If his enemies are weak, he can defeat them more easily, yet he spends half of the episode to find a new way to defeat the week's villain.
Because he doesn't want to kill anybody. Hell, even just a regular punch from Barry as of this moment in the show could utterly obliterate a normal Meta-Human.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

I don't want that he kill anyone either. I would just like some more variety in the plot structure. I haven't watched the last few episodes, though, so I don't know if that changed.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

You definitely should. There's been a lot of variety these last few episodes, with him not always defeating the Meta-human of the week.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

So excited for this week's Flash and Arrow. Shit's going to go down in these last few episodes.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Arrow is somewhat better than the Flash, but its supporting cast isn't very strong, and they make the show too "soapy."
Old 05-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

This week's episode really put a lot out there. Wells' true identity is now out in the open to everyone and seems like Iris found out Barry is the Flash.

Grodd next week!

Side note- Arrow has now completely become Batman. My goodness they need to stop with the brooding and depressing Oliver and start changing him to the more jovial Green Arrow. He doesn't have to be a complete jokester but he needs to not be a carbon copy of Batman. With Ra's on the show, I feel like I'm watching a season long version of Batman Begins. It's not bad, it's just not very original. That being said, Matt Nable has been impressive as Ra's so far.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-29-2015 at 11:31 PM ----------

Even though this episode was essentially filler, it was still really cool to see Grodd get the spotlight for an episode.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
View Stats

I wouldn't say it was filler. Grodd has been hinted at for a few episodes, and it was made to distract the Speedster gang from Well's intentions + Iris finding out Barry is the flash + GRODD LIVES MOFOS