Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
74 posts
AK Bullet Storm is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 261 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Captain America Movie

This thread is pertaining to the 2011 film entitled "The First Avenger: Captain America." This film is not to be confused with the terrible Captain America movie that took place in 1990. (If you get the chance though I highly recommened watching this for some laughs, its that bad) Anyways, actor Chris Evans (The Human Torch from Fantastic Four movies, The Perfect Score, Street Kings) has been chosen to play Cap this time around. I don't know how I feel about this decision, not that I don't think Evans is talented enough or fits the bill to play Cap, but I already identify him as the Human Torch. He already has a role in the Marvel Universe in my mind. Am I alone in disliking the choice in actor because of previous affiliation in a character role in the same super-hero universe?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

Re: Captain America Movie

depends on how you look at it. starting with the hulk and iron man in 08, all marvel films will be produced by marvel studios, where has prior to that, marvel simply allowed the license. the current run, iron man, hulk, avengers, anything that features samuel l. jackson as nick fury is likely the canon that marvel studios wants to follow. anything or any character prior to that point is likely non-canon in their eyes.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I think this is lame. I didn't mind him as The Human Torch but I never really cared for the Fantastic Four anyways(besides Jessica Alba). I vote for Randy Couture, they already call him Captain America anyways. Too bad he probably can't act very well. I guess that shouldn't matter though, Cap isn't known for talking.

Let's compare-

This guy, or

This guy?

Also worth noting, Chris Evans is only like 28. I don't know about you guys but I think he's too young to play this character. If they try to make it a young Cap story it will be in the 50s or whatever and it'd be weird. Ah who am I kidding, they'll just murder the storyline for all the idiots.

Last edited by Dudebro; 03-23-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Isn't the 1990's movie the one where Captain America hitched a ride from strangers, then pretended to me sick, and then stole their cars?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

I never saw it but I heard a lot of bad things about it.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I only know of the 1990's movie because the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

+1 (+1/-0)     

The second guy looks like a completely shaved DB.

Comments

Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
74 posts
AK Bullet Storm is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12 Points: 1,739, Level: 12
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 261 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawlmaster12344 View Post
Isn't the 1990's movie the one where Captain America hitched a ride from strangers, then pretended to me sick, and then stole their cars?
Its one in the same. The movie is so terrible, at one point Red Skull punches Cap's "indistructable shield" and it freakin dents! Need I say more? I saw the full movie online years back and couldn't find it, but here's the trailer, for a good laugh!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWQcCqa6IQ]YouTube - Captain America -1990 Trailer-[/ame]
Old 03-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
6,651 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

If I remember correctly, Red Skull had the super soldier serum injected in him just like Captain A hence the dent in Cap's shield.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
1,757 posts
View Stats

If Red Skull doesn't have a red skull, is he still Red Skull?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
The second guy looks like a completely shaved DB.
I wish, +1 for the compliment though

Damn that trailer came out in 1990? It looks more like 1980.