Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Cam's Video Game Blog

Thought this would be a fun thing to do since I would rant on Gamespot years ago about random series and complain or praise it, whatever. I will segment certain things here, sort of like a mini review, except quite different. Whatever is fresh on my mind.

First Segment:

BattleFront Games
Okay, so lately I've been playing a lot of PSP, since it's the only console that I really have right now to play. So I've boughten 4 games lately: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, ATV Blazin Trails, BattleFront: RS & Battlefront II. While I've enjoyed every game I had just boughten Battlefront II today. You know, I was at my game stop the other day when I saw Battlefront II there. I had the choice between getting 2 $9.99 games, or one $19.99 game. I bought some AVP game that didn't work for 9.99 along with Battefront: Renegade Squadron. I had been fighting myself between the two, I had previously owned both original Battlefront games before, but I thought I'd give this new Renegade Squadron a try.
I take it home, turns out it's excellent, I mean. For a shooter game on PSP, I wasn't expecting much, but it's sort of like the old shootes since you only have one control stick. You can't aim up and down, that's not to say that there isn't vertical platforms and land scapes no. You get this auto lock-on feature to lock onto enemies in the same vertical area so that you can hold "R" to lock on to enemies. This is incredibly helpful, especially if you're running into a big area of enemies you can just Hold "R" and shoot everyone in succesion. It is incredibly well done and the rest of the controls are good too. I won't get too much into that, but it is just PERFECT. I love it.
Another thing I find that is awesome is customizable weapons and abillities, etc. Whenever you're near a command post, you can change all of your weapons around to whatever you want as long as each weapon and item stays within the abillity limit of 100. Each weapon or item/abillity has a certain number on them on how much of your points it takes up. It's awesome, big improvement on what I remember where you get a choice between different characters and you just have to live with how they are. It's also plentiful in levels.

Jump to battlefront II today, I was shocked to see that out of all the control presets, all of them used the same stupid controls where they aren't very well placed, the worst part is that you don't get the lock on technology. You have to hold "R" to look around meaning the control stick in this function won't let you move around. I'm aware that Battlefront II was made first, and it was the first in the series. But controls are everything, especially in a FPS/TPS game. It's not to say the game isn't still good, but on a first out look. I prefer Renegade Squadron by a long shot. I won't mention anything else about the games since they are the same in the gameplay and story mode, whatever. Just different stories/levels to it. I am just amazed at how the testers found these controls okay when they played it. Still not bad, but I am ticked by that sort of.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

Re: Cam's Video Game Blog

I think your nuts. Battlefront 2 has, in my opinion, one of the greatest FPS control schemes. Everything is fairly fluent, so long as you change view point to first person.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

are you referring to the PSP version? That is the one I'm referring to. BF II was great on Xbox since it had 2 joysticks.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
are you referring to the PSP version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Battlefront 2
Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

Yeah, I know. The PSP version of Battlefront 2 has worse controls than Renegade squadron. That is for only the PSP version of Battlefront 2. It's still good despite that.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

I need clarification here. Is it Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade or Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade II?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Sorry to say this: boughten is not a word, the past tense of buy is bought.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

I'm talking about regular old "Battlefront II" compared to "Battlefront: Renegade Squadron"
Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

I see, but throughout the topic you've referred to Renegade as "Battlefront II", and I thought you were talking about the only game titled Battlefront II.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

there is 2 paragraphs. One is split by the renegade squadron box art, and it is about renegade squadron. The other paragraph after the BF II box art is talking about mostly battlefront II.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

That was kind of obvious.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Wait, so know you're telling me you were talking about Battlefront II's control scheme earlier?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

yes, battlefront 2 controls suck compared to RS. Battlefront 2 is great, controls aren't good on PSP and PSP ONLY
Old 03-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
yes, battlefront 2 controls suck compared to RS. Battlefront 2 is great, controls aren't good on PSP and PSP ONLY
Again, your wording like Battlefront II is the PSP game. That is why I was confused.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Again, your wording like Battlefront II is the PSP game. That is why I was confused.
Look at the pictures in the original post, pay attention to the one for Battlefront II, notice that it is a PSP game in the picture, obviously it was a multi-platform release.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Look at the pictures in the original post, pay attention to the one for Battlefront II, notice that it is a PSP game in the picture, obviously it was a multi-platform release.
You know multi-platform releases are intended to have the same title right?

Last I heard, we call games by name, not cover art.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

they were both released on PSP DN. I'm comparing them both on PSP.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Now I understand this. I had assumed that Renegade was the only game for the PSP.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

no, there is 3 on PSP: II, RS and ES.