Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

BS

I can't hold it in any longer I can't stand Penn and Teller and their stupid show is so factually skewed and inaccurate why would anyone actually listen to 2 failed comedians/illusionist about semi political views that they have absolutely no degree or specialization in the first place?!

What next, do it yourself surgery with carrot top?

Every time I see someone refer to BS (or even myth busters) my faith in humanity drops even lower. To know that the majority of morons who watch moronic tv actually base most of their views on these moronic tabloid infotainment 30 minute sum ups , drenched with this connotation of expert advice is discouraging (seeing as I have to share this planet with them). I don't care if the show is on the air, I think entertainment is great, we need to zone out sometimes. I however am a little bothered lately that these shows are really starting to be the MAIN SOURCE OF INFORMATION ON MOST SUBJECTS IN PEOPLES LIVES. Critical thinking, books, and anything not white trashy and photoshopped 9000 times is concidered INTELLECTUAL and TOO BORING OR HARD TO UNDERSTAND. It's disgusting. If Penn and Teller are the be all and end all why don't we just burn every book ever published and show it 24/7 in every school in America!

My concern is not that people aren't finding good information. It's that people are easily finding a lot of BAD INFORMATION. A guy named Ernie (never played videogames before) was getting pushed by some dude (let's call him Penn) on TV to sign up to a bunch of crappy no name horrible graphics MMO that were so tacky and terrible you'd cry if you were forced to play them for 5 minutes. This Penn guy has also told his entire television audience (about 7 million) to sign up for the same crappy MMO's. Nintendo is holding a memorandum on which games it will focus on publishing for the next 10 years. There is the new Zelda, A new Metroid, A new Mario. The people don't want that though ... they want CRAPPY MMO'S. Nintendo for fear of sales dropping produces SILVER MAGE: AGE OF ATLANTICON (a crappy generic MMO). YOu are watching TV, g4 tech tv comes on, a "GAMING EXPERT" is interviewed on the state of games. He is a crappy mmo fan, he lists SILVER MAGE: AGE OF ATLANTICON game of the year.
You go to school and try to talk to someone about the new Metroid coming out and everyone looks at you like your on drugs. "METROID ? ARE YOU SOME SORT OF NON GAMER OR SOMETHING?" they start talking ... "Well you know ,SILVER MAGE: AGE OF ATLANTICON really invented the 2-d platformer" you interupt "No actually Mario is pro" you get inturupoted "OHHHHHH HERE WE GO. TALKING ABOUT MARIO AGAIN. Geez you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IF MARIO WAS A GOOD GAME PENN AND TELLER WOULD HAVE SAID SO." you try to get a word in "Castlevania ===" "Oh I get it, what you think YOUR BETTER THEN ME. OHHH IM TOO GOOD FOR SILVER MAGE: AGE OF ATLANTICON"

Kongs last post on BS was the straw that made me just write this post I'm having one of those days where I've been confronted with so much blasphemy I'm kind of wondering if we are going to make it as a race for the next hundred years or so.

SO GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK IS TV EDUCATIONAL OR IS IT A LOAD OF CRAP MOST OF THE TIME ?

I JUST BLASTED THIS OUT THERE IS A LOT OF PUNCTUATION AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS DEAL WITH IT.

Last edited by fungusman; 05-12-2010 at 10:23 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: BS

I take it you've been holding this in for a while.

I personally don't watch any of the stuff, and do fact-checks on anything I hear they've said. I then form my opinions and contribute to the discussion provoked by the original posts.

I think they are simply meant to start you thinking about something, and if it is something you actually find interesting, you can easily find more accurate information.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

They may be blow hards that skew the info to suit their show but I think they were right on about a few of them, mainly the one about the damn bible.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

I think Penn & Teller are humorous and more give their opinions. They would be the first to tell you not to believe everything they say.

As far as Mythbusters, I agree wholeheartedly. They are one of the fakest shows I've ever seen. They only halfheartedly try most of the things they are supposedly debunking and leave out enormous amount of possible ways to test things. If you do a web search for "Busting Mythbusters" there are a lot of people who have already taken them to task for their ineffective ways.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Ghost hunters is the worst show that claims to be real. I literally get angry when I see it on.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Yeah, Ghost Hunters is so horribly done, at least if the actors played it convincingly, it would be passable, but it is neither convincing nor is it passable.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Operation repo, It's all fake. I had my suspicions but I confirmed it when I saw the girl from the god of war commecial on it.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

I think that one about the Pawn shop is fake.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

You lost me with the paragraph about Ernie.

Demon Mask is correct, it is meant to be a topic starter. I like debates and P&T have around 100 controversial (erm, sometimes controversial) instant topic starters. I see that as a positive.

If you disagree with any of the threads then say so, that is the whole point. It's to discuss your opinions, not force their opinion onto you.

Quote:
2 failed comedians/illusionist
Have you seen any of their stuff? Hardly failed. They are very successful and they have some really good acts and tricks.

To answer your question, is TV a load of crap? I have rarely heard anyone say it wasn't but P&T are no where close to the bottom of the barrel. Could it be better? Yes but even they admit that. They acknowledge that to get a show like theirs on TV they have to sell out to keep the ratings up. They have to do things they don't want to do, such as cuss, get angry, have gratuitous sex, and sometimes have topics they don't care about or they will be canceled. Hate the game, not the players.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
I think that one about the Pawn shop is fake.
Nah man, Pawn Stars is legit, and it's probably my favorite show going right now.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Ghost hunters is the worst show that claims to be real. I literally get angry when I see it on.
You should hear what the ghosts have to say about it!

Seriously, Fungusman, I tend to agree with what you say about Penn and Teller in that their show is often one - sided and skewed.

I recall their show regarding conspiracy theories, and how Penn was very quick to tell anyone who questions the official story of the 9/11 event that they really need to
'Shut the ____ up!'

This one episode makes me consider the possibility they are in support of the official story and therefore part of the conspiracy themselves.

However, when it comes to other shows of theirs, such as the recently posted one regarding recycling, I believe there is some truth in what they say, and I tried to illustrate the point through the examples I myself have seen here in Vancouver's recycling program.

Ultimately I recommend a 'Smorgasbord' approach when it comes to information, and this is what I believe will keep people from becoming too biased, and therefore more receptive to other possibilities and ideas.

Penn and Teller are entertaining but not perfect.

Kong:
Quote:
To answer your question, is TV a load of crap? I have rarely heard anyone say it wasn't but P&T are no where close to the bottom of the barrel. Could it be better? Yes but even they admit that. They acknowledge that to get a show like theirs on TV they have to sell out to keep the ratings up. They have to do things they don't want to do, such as cuss, get angry, have gratuitous sex, and sometimes have topics they don't care about or they will be canceled. Hate the game, not the players.
'It is very difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.'
- Professor David Ray Griffin

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-12-2010 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Kong quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
You lost me with the paragraph about Ernie.

Demon Mask is correct, it is meant to be a topic starter. I like debates and P&T have around 100 controversial (erm, sometimes controversial) instant topic starters. I see that as a positive.

If you disagree with any of the threads then say so, that is the whole point. It's to discuss your opinions, not force their opinion onto you.

Have you seen any of their stuff? Hardly failed. They are very successful and they have some really good acts and tricks.

Yeah I wasn't going after you , just saw the post and it lead me to be a little infuriated about them (I was fresh out of the gates of having an argument about something else with someone). Steve's told me some stuff about you and I hardly think you or anyone on this board is a mindless twit. I've been seeing a lot of "Well on Myth Busters" or "Well Penn and Teller said" scenarios. That's all fine for entertainment drinking conversations, I just think "is our culture just trying to beat each other's talking points down with second hand information from some TV show?"

POPULAR television has no argument, which is fine, but for whatever reason some people can't compute this. It propagates itself to people who have become used to TV BEING REALITY AND NOT ENTERTAINMENT. It's just starting to bug me. It's no different to people who think 7 foot lizards run the banks because they watched a ton of youtube videos. I'm not saying you have to be a scholar, I'm not saying youtube is bad, I'm not saying television is bad, the point I want to make is the presentation of these opinions and statements are becoming very well received as fact and absolute truth, when they are opinions ... backed by massive video production teams and hours of script writing and clever editing. Like that 9/11 episode, so now 1million + people think people who don't believe the official story are nuts ? So people who recycle are stupid and insane ? I was reading a blog post yesterday and the guy was talking about how people using linux on PS3 were "committing credit card fraud" lol! Where did he get this info? Did he research the subject? Does he even know anything about linux? Programming? Cell architecture? No it was a bunch of slander and blasphemy. I emailed the guy and he was happy that I gave him the run down on the real issue. Where was he getting his info? All second hand from other blogs no less.

It's fine to have an opinion, when you have such great power there comes a great responsibility. And broadcasting McCarthyism on something you object with to MILLIONS OF PEOPLE is irresponsible and has great impact on culture, society, and said people you are against (based on information that was incorrect in the first place). And this BS show is a perfect example of this. Why don't we all just hit the streets with shotguns because Glen Beck said banks are evil? It's just stupid.

Last edited by fungusman; 05-12-2010 at 11:36 PM..
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Side note. They wanted to name the show Humbug which used to mean BS but Showtime wouldn't let them.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

FM:
Quote:
TV BEING REALITY AND NOT ENTERTAINMENT.
Sadly, this is true for a certain percentage of the population.
I watched Sicko for the first time, and was disturbed by the part where they showed excerpts from American 'news' broadcasts in which reporters were talking about how terrible health care is in Canada, and how it's like a third world country...

And then Micheal Moore goes to Canada, to speak with Canadians about it, and finds out that what the reporters tell the American People is nothing but a pack of lies to keep them under the control of the HMO system.

That's the sick part of it - how Americans are getting taken for such a ride, and all of the suffering, pain and death which is supported by the smiling liars on TV.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
I think Penn & Teller are humorous and more give their opinions. They would be the first to tell you not to believe everything they say.

As far as Mythbusters, I agree wholeheartedly. They are one of the fakest shows I've ever seen. They only halfheartedly try most of the things they are supposedly debunking and leave out enormous amount of possible ways to test things. If you do a web search for "Busting Mythbusters" there are a lot of people who have already taken them to task for their ineffective ways.
There's a book about that at my work. It's pretty cool.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Nah man, Pawn Stars is legit, and it's probably my favorite show going right now.
It is a good show.