Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Breaking Bad Series Finale

Alright who watches this awesome show? What are your thoughts going into the final episode? Who lives? Who dies?

To avoid spoiling it for anyone who is not caught up or hasn't started watching I'll use spoilers here

( Click to show/hide )
Hank and Gomez are dead and the DEA case seemed to be all but gone...until Walt called the DEA himself to turn himself in at first. With Skylar and Walt Jr. basically turning their backs on him despite the fact(in his own mind) he did this all for them and they rejected him he was a defeated man ready to roll over and give up.

However, the Grey Matter twist reappears after seemingly being an abandoned plot point from the early seasons. Here is where the plot can go 2 ways. Gretchen and Elliot just dismissed Walt as a non factor in the founding and later massive success of their company. That's another strike to Walt's ego and makes him angry(we never knew how much Walt's work was important to Grey Matter, he seems to think it was of much importance and led to later discoveries)

Then they mentioned that the blue meth was still on the scene and Walt immediately realized Jesse is likely still alive and being used by the Aryans to cook, and that Lydia is sending it to Europe. This sets Walt back into full Heisenberg mode and sends him back to Albuquerque. The question is for what?

Is he going to go after Gretchen and Elliot?
Is he going to try and free Jesse from the Aryans eventhough he turned Hesse over to them and told them to kill him?
Are Skylar and the kids also in trouble and he wants to protect them eventhough they want nothing to do with him?

My predictions:
I feel he's likely going back after Jesse to try and right that wrong and will die in a shootout with the Aryans, or he manages to free Jesse from them but Jesse kills him because of all the pain Walt has caused him.

Skylar is facing massive time in jail because she was involved and the DEA will think she's still protecting Walt. She finds out Walt is back in town, fears he's back to shut her up for good, and kills herself.

Marie probably needs to go as well, she's been antagonizing Skylar. Perhaps she makes another try and getting custody of Holly, Skylar snaps and kills her in an argument. Sort of poetic justice since Marie seems to somewhat enjoy Skylar's life falling apart

Walt Jr is a tough one. He's been non involved all the way through. However he can be used as a pawn. The Aryans get word Walt might be back and feel the need to try and draw him out/send him a message. They kidnap Walt Jr and he dies when Walt confronts the Aryans

In the end we see Saul working some average job under an assumed name, just like he said he would. The only one to survive all the events.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Breaking Bad Series Finale

I'm only on season 4 but I hear the last season is absolutely crazy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I just got caught up tonight,
( Click to show/hide )
All I know is that Walt gets his hands on a massive friggin gun, presumably to take out Todd and his gang. I'm guessing that the family all survives, Pinkmin survives, Walt dies, and for the hell of it, Todd and Lydia end up together on a tropical island.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
I'm only on season 4 but I hear the last season is absolutely crazy.
Season 4 is awesome too, I almost wanted to stop watching there.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I've been very slow with it. I don't think I've seen an episode since last summer. I had basically no time last year during school and I ended up losing interest until my dad began watching it this summer. He ended up passing me and is now waiting for me to catch up to watch the last season together. It's hard to find time nowadays with the amount of schoolwork and in real life stuff I have going on.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
I've been very slow with it. I don't think I've seen an episode since last summer. I had basically no time last year during school and I ended up losing interest until my dad began watching it this summer. He ended up passing me and is now waiting for me to catch up to watch the last season together. It's hard to find time nowadays with the amount of schoolwork and in real life stuff I have going on.
C'mon now, is that the attitude Walt jr. would have? You make time.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
C'mon now, is that the attitude Walt jr. would have? You make time.
Point being I lost interest and chose to do other things with my free time. I should be getting back into it, but everytime I think I will, I decide to do something else.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

So if I may I will break down how the song El Paso featued in the final couple of episodes relates to Breaking Bad. Obviously it won't fit 100%, but it's pretty close

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl
This refers to meth. The Mexican cartels were running the show before and during Walt's run.

Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina
Music would play and Felina would whirl

I think it refers to Walt sneaking away to labs to cook the meth, the ingredients whirling around in the various stages

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina
Wicked and evil while casting a spell
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden
I was in love but in vain, I could tell

Walt knew meth was bad and was leading him down the wrong path, but his ego and love of attention kept him at it. The sheer horror he left in his wake showed the meth didn't "love" him back

One night a wild young cowboy came in
Wild as the West Texas wind
Dashing and daring
A drink he was sharing
With wicked Felina
The girl that I loved

This likely refers to all the challengers to his drug empire. First Tuco, then the cartel, then Gus. then Hank, and finally the Aryans

So in anger I
Challenged his right for the love of this maiden
Down went his hand for the gun that he wore
My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat
The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor

This is how Walt killed off all his competition for them daring to try and infringe on his product and/or territory.

Just for a moment I stood there in silence
Shocked by the foul evil deed I had done
Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there
I had but one chance and that was to run

I think this has dual meanings. At first Walt was horrified that he killed people, but it didn't stop him. In terms of the final episodes I think it refers to Hank. While he didn't personally pull the trigger, he got Hank killed and for the first time in a long while the murder horrified him again.

Out through the back door of Rosa's I ran
Out where the horses were tied
I caught a good one
It looked like it could run
Up on its back
And away I did ride

Just as fast as I
Could from the West Texas town of El Paso
Out to the bad-lands of New Mexico

Clearly this refers to Walt using the guy to disappear into hiding to ride out his final days where he wouldn't be caught.

Back in El Paso my life would be worthless
Everything's gone in life nothing is left

Walt reflecting on his former life in Albuquerque. His son and wife have disowned him, and if he were to return he'd likely be killed or taken into custody. Eventually he decides "nothing is left" and calls the DEA to turn himself in.

It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden
My love is stronger than my fear of death

I saddled up and away I did go
Riding alone in the dark

After seeing Gretchen and Elliot's interview and finding out blue meth is still being made(and thus realizing Jesse is still alive) his ego once again draws him back to his old town to settle the score, knowing it likely will get him killed.

Maybe tomorrow
A bullet may find me
Tonight nothing's worse than this
Pain in my heart

Knowing his actions will likely die, he wants to set as much right as possible. Free Jesse, help Skylar get a lesser sentence, and tell everyone where Hank and Gomez are buried. He also wants his blue meth gone from the world.

And at last here I
Am on the hill overlooking El Paso
I can see Rosa's cantina below
My love is strong and it pushes me onward
Down off the hill to Felina I go

Refers to him setting foot back at his former home, getting the ricin, getting the gun, setting everything up for his last stand.

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys
Off to my left ride a dozen or more
Shouting and shooting I can't let them catch me
I have to make it to Rosa's back door

Refers to Walt entering the Aryan compound, seeing the odds and having them take away his keys. He's trying to figure out how to get the job done and take them down and free Jesse

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel
A deep burning pain in my side
Though I am trying
To stay in the saddle
I'm getting weary
Unable to ride

But my love for
Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen

Though I am weary I can't stop to rest
Walt does end up getting shot in the side while protecting Jesse. Though wounded he still gets up and finished off the head Aryan . And tries to get Jesse to kill him.

Though I am weary I can't stop to rest
I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle
I feel the bullet go deep in my chest

From out of nowhere Felina has found me
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye

Once Jesse leaves, Walt knows he is mortally wounded and soon to die. Still, he finds the meth lab and lovingly looks at the equipment and touches it right before he falls over dead.

Comments

nice
Old 01-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

So I finally finished the series tonight. Been watching the last two seasons over winter break. Really awesome series, Walt went out like a boss.

( Click to show/hide )
Most satisfying deaths were Jack, Todd, and Lydia. For some reason after seeing Gus' and Mike's operation last season and how well done and their professional level, the way they did it was so lackluster. They were like wannabes to me. Walt shooting Jack in mid sentence like Jack shot Hank was really well done by the writers/crew. Too bad Walt had to waste the ricin on Lydia

Overall one of the best, if not the best, television series I've ever watched. Really impressed on how well done and they tied up nearly every loose end (every important one at least).

Old 01-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Someone fill me in, what was with the foreign guy who
( Click to show/hide )
Killed himself in the bathroom? Was it because he was leading Gus' operation, and when the operation was uncovered he didn't want to face the concequences?
kong on Bronies:

Old 01-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Someone fill me in, what was with the foreign guy who
( Click to show/hide )
Killed himself in the bathroom? Was it because he was leading Gus' operation, and when the operation was uncovered he didn't want to face the concequences?
( Click to show/hide )
Yes. He was an investor in Los Pollos Hermanos and knew of the meth business. He helped fund the meth business through Madrigal funding Los Pollos Hermanos. His company Madrigal also got the ingredients needed for Gus's meth operation.

He killed himself when he knew the police were there to question him about it.

Comments

Thanks