Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Branding your kids

Branding Your Kids (Literally): Father Puts Family Stamp on Teenage Boys - Crimesider - CBS News

Seriously.. I want to see your thoughts on this. I just read it in the National Enquirer today, makes me mad how screwed up this guy is.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 523 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Re: Branding your kids

Wow...that's, disturbing. I guess a cellphone or a removable nametag wouldn't suffice
Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
2,677 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 720 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

That guy needs to be locked up. The kids are going to defend their father's decision?!?! I'm sorry, but that is child abuse.

I'm just curious though. If he had custody of the kids, how bad is the ex-wife?
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,886 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 56
Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56 Points: 52,843, Level: 56
Level up: 16%
Level up: 16%, 1,607 Points needed Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

Apparently, the kids wanted them. How messed up is that? Still doesn't excuse the father for doing it, thought.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Kids want anything in that age just to brag. This is something my father would do.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 523 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Quote:
This is something my father would do.

You wouldn't give him consent would you? I mean you are over 18 right?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

I'd be totally against it. But my father is dumb enough to do that.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

I still don't understand why this person did this to their kids.
If the intention was to somehow protect their identities, didn't he know about this?
Tracking Junior With a Microchip
Branding is cheaper, I suppose.

It seems like once in a while some parents somewhere do some outrageous things to their kids - and more seldom, we actually hear about it.

I remember one little boy whose parents were religious fanatics, who took the Bible literally {in their individual interpretation - that book is so loosely written you could make it say practically anything you want it to}
and understood it to mean that little boys should only eat lettuce and watermelon?

Needless to say, the kid developed severe dehydration {from the digestive problems} and the parents wouldn't even allow the kid to take vitamins or anything ... because their God 'said so'.

Still, that kid and the ones that got branded should feel lucky they weren't born female in Saudi Arabia.
Let's forget about ritual genital mutilations for a second, and focus on the fanaticism surrounding certain religious attire:

Apparently there was a fire in a town in Saudi Arabia where little girls were trapped inside the burning building.
Their father was trying to get them out of the house, and was prevented from doing so because the girls weren't wearing the proper headgear.
I believe he was stoned to death afterwords for the attempt to rescue his unadorned girls.

My point is, no matter how insane things get in the rest of the World, we can always count on religious fanaticism such as that in Saudi Arabia to make it pale in comparison.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

America
Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Canada?

I just had to post this hideously ignorant cartoon.
While we're at it, let's 'bury the hatchet' {that never even existed} , shall we?

Personally, I feel sad and discouraged to hear Americans say bad things about Canada {and vice versa} and for that matter the whole idea of National Identity only serves to keep us divided and arguing over issues of no significance.

Humans are the same no matter where they're from and if you don't believe me, come to Vancouver sometime because we have the whole World here!

But because of the idea of National Identity, there seems to be an unannounced contest between Canada and the U.S. and it makes no sense.

So I am asking all of you lovely sensible people to put aside your non - existent differences, and ignore those smarty - pants
'Demotivational Posters' on the net, because they're older than Rick Roll, and only serve to fuel this foolish fire.

Can we do that, can we just coexist without having to label ourselves and each other and cause people to wonder {as I do} if the persistence of these put downs indicates some REAL hatred?

Speaking collectively about the behavior of millions of people makes no sense in any event, because such a thing is impossible.
{that's a hint to why National Identity is B.S.!}

By the way, I know this is way off topic but is a response to some posts made recently on another thread, and the afflicted parties know who they are.

Last edited by RU Joe; 06-02-2010 at 04:02 PM..
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

That's really messed up, he deserves the slammer.

Remove Pootis
Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Send the father to jail, it's child abuse. I didn't see this on the big news sites(could've missed it) but the link appears to be legit. This made me doubt that though-
Quote:
I just read it in the National Enquirer today
Don't believe a word of that garbage.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

It's a nice read DB.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Yeah, but I don't trust all the things they say.

Remove Pootis
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

This article was also on NBC or w/e I posted.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

Alright, I'll take your word for it.

Remove Pootis
Old 06-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
It's a nice read DB.
Sure, as long as you know it's 99% fiction. This particular story seems to be legit but that's an exception.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Shouldn't this thread be merged into the "Anybody BBQing?" thread?

Comments

Old 06-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

BAZING! I +1 you for that joke even if it's in poor taste.

Speaking of taste, I wonder if the kids were blue rare or well done. I think that would factor into the punishment phase of this.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

I prefer mine raw but warm in the middle.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

But the guy can't get his kids mistaken for others if they are branded.

Why is it okay for cows to be branded, but if the kids asked their father to do this, it is a crime?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
I prefer mine raw but warm in the middle.
And I think we hit the line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
Why is it okay for cows to be branded, but if the kids asked their father to do this, it is a crime?
Because they aren't people? That and it's perfectly legal to own them as property. Branding is older than the US and it was a pretty logical way to keep track of your livestock.
There is no good reason to brand a human.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I know it isn't okay to brand a person, and there is no reason to do so anyway, but a brand is the exact same thing as a tattoo.

I figured out the ownership thing you mentioned.
So:
Humans > Cows
Humans own cows.

That almost reminds me of this old logic:
White people > Black people
White people own Black people.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
but a brand is the exact same thing as a tattoo.
Not exactly the same but yeah I get your point. It's illegal and wrong to tattoo a kid too. Adults can give permission to get a tattoo before 18 in some places but it's still not considered "ok" by most people.
I wonder if people get legal brands? I've seen a lot of body mod stuff but no branding. I guess I should google it.

Quote:
Humans > Cows
Humans own cows.

That almost reminds me of this old logic:
White people > Black people
White people own Black people.
When cows start communicating and thinking about their existence we'll take about liberating them.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

I've seen some branding work before.