Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 499 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 11-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
6,654 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Bidding for 2018 and 2022 WC

The Race for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup. Every Bidding Nation and Vote Analysis | Bleacher Report
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
1,629 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49
Level up: 27%
Level up: 27%, 1,252 Points needed Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Re: Bidding for 2018 and 2022 WC

Great link Jozz

I think deep down Russia we're always favourites for 2018. I'm a bit torn as it would be great for England to host it. On the other hand the game in England at the moment stinks of greed with the rich getting richer and sod the rest.

One things for sure the whole 'world cup commitee' stinks of coruption and favoritism. Whoever gets the decision will have greased plenty of palms to get hold of their golden egg! And I include England on that!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
6,654 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I'd like to see Portugal/Spain hosting the 2018 and Quatar in 2022.

---------- Post added 12-02-2010 at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-29-2010 at 03:10 PM ----------

FIFA World Cup 2018: Triumph for Russian Bid as England and Iberia Lose | Bleacher Report
Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
246 posts
kiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineup
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,381, Level: 20 Points: 5,381, Level: 20 Points: 5,381, Level: 20
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 369 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Here's an idea - let's hold the world cup in a desert in the middle of summer! Even better - let's do it in a state with a smaller population than the expected number of visitors, where alcohol is mostly illegal and where homosexuality is totally illegal and forbidden! Genius. Wish I'd thought of it.

On a serious note, FIFA is incredibly corrupt so Russia and Qatar are a perfect fit. The point about homosexuality is important to me though (should add I'm not gay, just believe everyone should be treated equally and that sexuality is a non-issue). What happens if an international player comes out as gay before the World Cup and is due to go and play. Does he get banned? Arrested? Persecuted? FIFA has hit a new low here.

Soccer / Football is supposed to be the World's Game. How can it be so if we're excluding a large number of people from visiting, taking part or being involved?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
6,654 posts
View Stats

I'm not too familiar with the laws in Russia. Are you saying that it's illegal to be gay in the Mother Land?
Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
246 posts
kiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineup
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,381, Level: 20 Points: 5,381, Level: 20 Points: 5,381, Level: 20
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 369 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
I'm not too familiar with the laws in Russia. Are you saying that it's illegal to be gay in the Mother Land?
No, it's not illegal to be gay in Russia but it is in Qatar.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
6,654 posts
View Stats

oh I see. well that's not very nice of them now is it?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
6,654 posts
View Stats

Gay rights groups condemn Blatter comment - World Soccer - Yahoo! Sports