Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

the beatles

i love the Beatles even though there from the 60s and i was born in the year 1990 . i love them as band . i think there the greatest band of all time in my opinion . from just by the record sales they sold and how they had over 16 number one hits . like real number ones . from the fact that there songs are still very widely popular today .

from cant buy me love , to 8 days week , born in the ussr and many others . let it be .

they were not togeather for a long time but they changed the music world for ever . the song that they made and the way they made them . was far more different then any other band . or the fact there song were so difficult to make they could no longer practice them . they need a huge studio to make there songs . from countless docmuntrys about them . to the fact that john len one of the most inspirational men of the 20th century is still very much remembered and how his songs are used in commercials after all these years . most of the most popular Beatles songs have all been used in commercial . but most of all why i love there songs is they speak to you on a huge level . there songs dont need to swear or mention all the money they got or the cars they have . there songs acutlly talk to you on many diffrent levels . yeah did some some drugs but they still remained very sucessful while doing drugs unlike johnny cash or elvis or many other rock bands of the 1980s . too this day they are very widely liked very much by millions .
Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Re: the beatles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora2k10 View Post
i love the Beatles even though there from the 60s and i was born in the year 1990 . i love them as band . i think there the greatest band of all time in my opinion . from just by the record sales they sold and how they had over 16 number one hits . like real number ones . from the fact that there songs are still very widely popular today .

from cant buy me love , to 8 days week , born in the ussr and many others . let it be .

they were not togeather for a long time but they changed the music world for ever . the song that they made and the way they made them . was far more different then any other band . or the fact there song were so difficult to make they could no longer practice them . they need a huge studio to make there songs . from countless docmuntrys about them . to the fact that john len one of the most inspirational men of the 20th century is still very much remembered and how his songs are used in commercials after all these years . most of the most popular Beatles songs have all been used in commercial . but most of all why i love there songs is they speak to you on a huge level . there songs dont need to swear or mention all the money they got or the cars they have . there songs acutlly talk to you on many diffrent levels . yeah did some some drugs but they still remained very sucessful while doing drugs unlike johnny cash or elvis or many other rock bands of the 1980s . too this day they are very widely liked very much by millions .
Johnny Cash was just as, if not more successful than the Beatles in his genre and has had a huge influence on music as well.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

i would agree he had a huge influence on music

the beats sold over 1 billion albums world wide
and still hold the record over 200 million by a band in the united states .

i would not say more sucessful . but i would say the genra that cash was in he played a huge part

i like johnny cash as well
Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

The Beatles are overrated. They were a boy band cashing in on the rock and roll hype.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
The Beatles are overrated.
This. They were by no means a bad band, but wayyyy more popular than they deserve. In fact I would go as far as saying that no band ever deserves to stand head and shoulders over everyone else the way they do.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Well except maybe Journey, they rock.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 615 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

well acctually if they didnt sell out to the record industry they would still be playing no name bars pinning flaming condoms to the wall, true story
Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

i would not say they were overated thats going to far . yeah every one i guss is entitled to there opinion

but give credit to were it is very much due . i mean they might not be from the 1980s rock but the beatles paved the way for many rock bands from the 1980s .

they changed and altered the way music was made . and still very much relevant in todays time .

i mean look at the commercials alot of the songs that are picked are from the Beatles songs. after all there music collection is owned by Sony and vauled at over 2 billion dollars in today's money .

the beatles are a band that have had 3 diffrent decades of music . they started out pop then went to there drug type music and came out with different stuff like let it be and other very popular songs .

whats crazy is how bands from the 80s been togeather longer then the beatles and still never came close the sales records or the hits as the beatles the beatles left before there time and many people wish they stayed .

to say they over rated i think like i said is going too far .

Last edited by sora2k10; 05-11-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

It's not going too far it's looking past the hype. Their songs aren't anything special they just came at a time when people were desperate for something new. In fact I think their best work was after the band broke up and they were able to get away from the boy band thing.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

+1 (+1/-0)     

I wonder if they would still be this popular if they didn't break up and had a chance to fade away into mediocrity. I'm not saying it would have happened, but it's always a possibility with bands.

All I'm saying is they broke up while they were still insanely popular. If they kept going there is no telling if people would have turned on them or not somewhere down the line.

Comments

well said .
Old 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

yeah true you never know its up there with the other what ifs .

i guss we never got to see them fade away . cuzz no band and keep it up all the time . every band has a bad album or two . we just never got to see that happen with them . bearhawk

that is a good point right there you made
Old 05-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhawk72 View Post
I wonder if they would still be this popular if they didn't break up and had a chance to fade away into mediocrity. I'm not saying it would have happened, but it's always a possibility with bands.

All I'm saying is they broke up while they were still insanely popular. If they kept going there is no telling if people would have turned on them or not somewhere down the line.
Hendrix, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Nirvana, all secured legendary status due to stopping abruptly during their respective heydays. Not to say for sure that would be the case, since there are plenty of legends that are still going strong, but you make a good point.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

While I like the Beatles and love to listen to them, they are definitely overrated. Overrated does not mean they're bad. They've just been so amplified as gods, it's hard NOT to be overrated.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Is it bad that I actually enjoyed their boy band stuff a little more than their later work?

Anyways, overrated or no, we got Wings out of the whole affair, so I'm just fine with the Beatles.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

overated or not .

they did things that no band yet has come close to doing . i mean yeah not to say there no other legendary bands cuzz i be liar if i said that . but there just not been another band like them since them . what i mean by that is there has not yet been another band that

had over 60 million people in one night tune into one broadcast for them . still one of the most watched united states events in the history of tv . nor has there been a band in a long time that had the first through 5 billboard top 100 filled by the same band or have two of its lead band members set huge records for song writtting and other things .

like i said you could say overrated or just very talented for what they did
Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
they did things that no band yet has come close to doing . i mean yeah not to say there no other legendary bands cuzz i be liar if i said that . but there just not been another band like them since them . what i mean by that is there has not yet been another band that

had over 60 million people in one night tune into one broadcast for them . still one of the most watched united states events in the history of tv . nor has there been a band in a long time that had the first through 5 billboard top 100 filled by the same band or have two of its lead band members set huge records for song writtting and other things .
I don't know man, there's gotta be some better ways to determine talent than popularity for their time.

What if Justin Bieber is suddenly equally as successful?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

yeah that is true.

i mean now of days songs are selling faster . but albums dont sell as high as they used to due to downloading and being able to buy for sites like itunes but still your right

i am sure we can think of some ways .
Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
they did things that no band yet has come close to doing
Like what?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

i dont know off the top of my head lol i have to look it up .

your point is valued . but you cant denie some of the points i made .
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
367 posts
kernzy play's well with otherskernzy play's well with others
View Stats
Points: 1,679, Level: 12 Points: 1,679, Level: 12 Points: 1,679, Level: 12
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 321 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

the beatles were a good band. they were lucky to be in that time, as their music was fresh and uplifting.
if you like, i will unscrew your cranium, take your brain out, turn it upside down, and put it back backwards!!!
check this!!!!
Plastic Macca - Paul is Dead: Faul's False Ears
if i beat your score, i'm sorry.
or am i?